PDA

View Full Version : Krugor says; Make dinner, not war!

Krugor
09-18-06, 03:19 PM
((Level 1, huray! Updates in the colorful color Green))
---------------------------------

Basic Statistics:

Name: Krugor Vrath-darr
Race: Skeleton
Sex: Male
Hair Color: Bald
Eye Color: Black
Height: 5’9 feet
Weight: 66 lbs
Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Common, Shroomic

History:

Prologue (16 years ago)

“You! Get your act together! This a battlefield!”

“I could hear the man screaming over flattened plains, his voice not hindered in any way by the many wounded and rotting bodies. The man cut off yet another limb from an unsuspecting enemy as he yelled even louder and gave more orders to his small army. “Take out their archers, damn it!”. Spit flew through the air as he spoke. This was serious. Wading through the piles of bodies and pools of blood I managed to get to the frontline. Men hacking into each other with massive broadswords, knights being ripped apart with steel tipped arrows. Yes, it was a chaotic and horrible battle. But then, suddenly…”

“Honey!”
“a giant Dragon appeared from the sky! Opening his mouth we could all feel…”
“Krugor, honey!”
Krugor gave a big sigh as he responded; “What is it, dear?”
“Stop telling those kids horror stories, you were only the army’s cook!”

The small pack of children in front of the man bursts out in laughter as they got up from their seats and ran through the open door. Krugor sighed again. He could be a fear inspiring, axe-wielding warrior. If he wanted to. Of course he could be.

“Why did you do that, Allyson? I had them eating out of my hand…”
“Sure you did, dear. Here, take this basket and get me some mushrooms, I’m fresh out of those.”

Grumbling and snorting Krugor grabbed the basket from his wife’s hand and stormed outside. “I was there, she wasn’t! She doesn’t know of the dangers I faced!” he mumbled to himself.

Chapter 1 (14 years ago)

“Excuse me, miss. Are you by any chance Allyson?” a low, male voice spoke.
“Yes, that’s correct, that’s me. How can I help you?”
“I don’t know any way to say it right, so I’ll just say it; Allyson, your husband is dead.”
“W-what? Surely you must be kidding. He was just here, a few hours ago.”
“That might be correct, I found his body just a couple of miles from here. But he was stone cold. Totally stiff, you know, not alive anymore.”
“I don’t understand, what happened?”
“I can’t say for sure, milady, but it seems he’s had an overdose of poisonous mushrooms. The deadliest kind. Yep.”
“That can’t be! He always goes out to get me mushrooms, he knows every single kind there is! There must be some kind of mistake.” Allyson said, her voice starting to get softer with every word.
“I’m sure this isn’t a mistake, miss. Here, I found this ugly thing on his body.”

The woman, clinging onto the chair next to her, cried out, unable to deny the truth any longer. She cried out; “No! Our wedding ring!”.

“I’m sorry, Allyson.” the man took place on the small, wooden box near the door and suddenly got an even more serious look upon his face. After wiping some sweat of his forehead he started; “But, this was not the reason I came here.”

“What, what are you talking about?” the woman sniffled.
“I’m here to ask you a favor. See, I want to buy your husbands dead body!” his lips slowly formed a sly smile.

Chapter 2 (10 years ago)

“Krugor, get over here!”
A crackling, pale white skeleton entered the room, carefully watching his body as if he could lose an arm at any time. “Yes master?” it spoke.
“I’m hungry. Make me some stew!” the man near the fireplace ordered.
Krugor grumbled something and shook his head. The man, dressed in a long, black robe got up from his chair and walked towards the pile of bones. “How many times have we been through this, Krugor? I resurrected you from the death and now you have to serve me for all eternity!” The skeleton quickly took a step back as his master raised up his hand to smack his servant. But then, just as quick as the hand went up it lowered again and a huge, friendly grin appeared on the man’s face. “I’m sorry, my love, would you please make me some stew?”

Krugor slammed open the kitchen’s door and tried to get one of the many pots in the room. Tried to, for his right hand was still holding on to the door’s handle. Turning around and grabbing his limb from the handle he attached it again quickly. “Bah, why does he always talk to me like that?! Sure, I’m his servant and need to serve him for all eternity. That, I can live with. But the constant sweet talk and nicknames! Argh!” He slammed his head against a cupboard. “Oh sweety! My love! Honey! Geez, I’m a walking skeleton for crying out loud!”

Chapter 3 (2 years ago)

It was a rainy day at the castle, which was now Krugor’s residence for over 12 years. The skeleton was watching the drops of water through a window, rain slowly dropping down from leaf to leaf. “Krugor!” his master commanded promptly. Turning around from a pull on his shoulder he could see the man standing in front of him. With the largest bouquet of flowers he had ever seen. “W-what’s going on?”
“Krugor, my dear, please accept this token of my love!” the man said in a soothing, romantic voice.
“My god, man! Get away from me!” Krugor cried out in disbelief. “Silence, slave! And listen to what I have to say! I, Talidus, the great Necromancer, didn’t revive you from the realm of the death just to be insulted!” With brute force the skeleton was forced into a chair behind him. Aggressively Talidus put the bouquet of flowers in a black, stone vase decorated with several granite sculptures of dragon heads. “Now” he started “I summoned you to serve me, because that’s what I do. I’m a Necromancer.” Talidus stopped for a moment as if waiting for applause and when he realised Krugor was just looking at him with a rather cranky look on his face he continued; “But, that’s not the main reason. I’ve had lots of skeletal servants. Though none of them were like you! You’re so different from the others, you make me feel whole again. You’re always there when I’m feeling lonely, when I need you!”
Krugor immediately jumped up in his seat as his master dropped down on his knees in front of him. “I beg of you Krugor! Marry me!”
The skeleton’s jaw literally dropped on the floor as the man spoke those words. “If I still had eyes they would be widened beyond recognition! This is absurd!” he yelled when he had reattached his lower jaw. “I’m so out of here now!”

“No, don’t go Krugor! Stay with me!” Talidus spoke, now laying stretched out on the floor, reaching after the skeleton with his arms.

“Hell no! I’m grateful for resurrecting me and even for giving and teaching me the ways of magic, but this is were I draw the line! I’ve put up with this nonsense for far to long! If I’m ever getting married again it’ll be with a nice looking skeletal girl! Good day!” Krugor slammed the large wooden door shut and ran as fast as he could out of the castle and into the rain.

Chapter 4 (level 0 history)

Things seemed to be going fast-forward after Krugor had left the castle. He had searched for the famous Miggle-Biggle (a very rare type of mushroom), in the Black Desert of Raiaera and fought in the tournament known as the Cell. It was in that tournament that Krugor got killed for a second time, this time by the hands of a Drow named Izvilvin. The dark Elf had driven his weapon into the skeleton’s skull, after he had been torn apart by another Elf, a woman by the name of Rheawien. He was death almost instantly and returned to the afterlife, where he had been once before.

Realising he had seen this “heaven” before Krugor tried to look for a long lost love, but was summoned back to Althanas by a necromancer, just when he was about to make up with his ex-girlfriend. This necromancer was in fact Talidus. The very same Talidus he had been running away from. This time things were even more wrong, for Talidus had reattached Krugor’s lost arm with steel bolts without any knowledge on how to handle such an operation.

A battle followed with one of the necromancer’s new minions, an ostrich by the name of Philippe. Krugor managed to flee the room, trying to find a way out. But Talidus had mounted the ostrich and started the pursuit. Another battle followed, but this time things changed for the skeleton as two other ostriches showed up. The three of them attacked the necromancer, for he was interrupting their mating season. This was the opportunity Krugor needed to escape a second time, promising himself a third time would never happen.

The Cell and the battle with his former master had been causing a great deal of stress on the skeleton and he was wearing out from all the travelling around the country. Looking for a warm meal and a bed he entered Eluriand, unknowing of the Elves attitude against the undead. He was immediately captured and tortured by the people of the city. The Bladesinger’s Guild and Calorfindil Tinil-Galas, High Bard of Ost'Dargolin, accused him of being a spy for Xem’zûnd. This Xem’zûnd was someone unknown to Krugor yet they repeatedly tried to extract information from the skeleton. It took the skeleton some time to figure out but he finally understood that the man he had to be a spy of was a powerful warlock, who had once overrun the Elven capital with an army of undead. So after a while the High Elven Officer by the name of Sidrall Warzephyr made a decision. He thought it would be wise to take Krugor and a small group of soldiers to the Obsidian Spire, the former headquarters of Xem’zûnd. When they reached their destination it became clear that only Krugor was allowed entry. He found out that inside the black tower a warlock had taken residence. The warlock living there know was the nephew of the powerful warlock and attempted to follow in his uncle’s footsteps. The man had created a massive army of clay skeletons, when he found out that he couldn’t summon undead like his uncle could. The skeletons all looked like exactly like Krugor as they were created to his image, after he had been witnessed in the Cell tournament. After a hard battle the Elves managed to defeat the warlock and his minions with the help of Krugor’s six feet mushroom.

The skeletal cook was awarded a pair of bracers and unlimited access to Eluriand after that. A reward he would use greatly in the near future.

Personality:

Krugor is the most optimistic skeleton ever witnessed by men. Where most undead walk around in sorrow and sadness Krugor has realised there’s not going to be any changes for a every long time and learned to live with his deadliness. In fact, he started to love it. Krugor’s always almost happy and looks at the bright side of life. He loves meeting other people and making new friends, no matter what race, sex or age. He only has a great fear for necromancers and other people with the power to summon stuff. Mostly these types of people only see Krugor’s back, as he’s immediately running away from them. Although he may seem a bit naïve at times, he really isn’t. The skeleton has learned to identify the real intentions of people more quickly, but can still be fooled when someone really wants to.

Furthermore, he likes to talk about his past as a cook in the army. Though most of his stories picture him as a mighty warrior, which indicates a large exaggeration in story telling on his part. His recent adventures, such as the tournament known as “the Cell”, his victory in the Obsidian Spire and several quests, including a few in Salvar and the Black Desert, have caused a significant increase in his self-esteem. It is now much more common for Krugor to tell stories about his history, with a thick layer of lies on top of it.

Another, not entirely unimportant, characteristic that was fuelled by recent events was his stubbornness. There are moments, when things aren’t going his way, where he can be quite stubborn, or even get angry, without any real reason.

- Housekeeping
- Preparing and finding mushrooms
- Telling stories
- Animals

Dislikes:
- Wars
- Being killed
- Necromancers
- Sweet talk
- “Talidus”

Appearance:

Krugor looks perfectly human. Only dead. And totally stripped of any flesh, muscles and veins. He’s a walking skeleton and looks just like that. A bald scalp, two holes where his eyes used to be, his 12 pairs of ribs and every other single bone showing. Though, they’re not really all showing, since Krugor’s humanly side still wants him to wear clothing. Not much, but he wears a brown linen vest, dark linen shorts and a pair of leather boots. On his back he carries a backpack filled with cooking supplies and one could see a steel pot hanging from the left side of the bag. In his hand he always carries a smooth and slender plynt staff with a big, fat mushroom on top of it. Just above his hands he wears two high quality wrist-bands with a Bladesinger’s Insignia, made from red leather. Further up his right arm, near his shoulder, he has three steel bolts screwed into his arm, done to reattach it after he lost it in the Cell. It wasn’t done by a professional, so a trained eye could see through the charade of the seemingly natural moving arm.

Skills & Abilities:

Abilities:

Cooking: The only thing Krugor loves more than talking about his history is cooking. A disruption in the resurrecting spell cast on him still allows him to taste and eat all Althanian food. At the moment he’s able to put together all sorts of ingredients and come up with something eatable. This food provides no special effect, though at rare moments he feels somewhat stronger after eating something of his own making. It could very well be that he’ll create food that power up a person later on in his life.

[ Level 1 proficiency: Good ]

Mushroom Knowledge: Being forced by his wife to go out and pick mushrooms almost every week made him capable of identifying and recognizing every single mushroom out in the world of Althanas. He can tell apart a poisonous one from a edible one and can instinctively tell where to find a certain mushroom.

[ Level 1 proficiency: Good ]

Melee combat: There have been situations in Krugor's recent history where he was forced to take a rather primitive approach to a fight. During these moments he has learned to battle in a close-combat way, using his dagger, staff and fists. He's still inexperienced with it and can't finish off an opponent using just this way of fighting.

[ Level 1 proficiency: Below average ]

Spells:

Mad Mushroom Moving: Taught to him by his former master Talidus, the great Necromancer, he can use the mushroom on top of his staff to separate from it. It then turns to about the size of a horse and charges at an enemy with the speed of an arrow. The mushroom is rather soft and feels much like a big ball. After it has finished its mad charging it returns to its normal size and place on top of the staff.

[ Level 1 proficiency: Above average ]

Fungus Form: Also taught to him by his master in their many years spent together. This allows Krugor to take on the shape and feel of a small fungus mushroom. He’s still learning this spell and he occasionally ends up with a big bang resulting in a really bad smell around the caster. When this spell does succeed though he can effectively disguise himself for other people. They’ll just think he’s a mushroom.

[ Level 1 proficiency: Below average ]

Onion Ooze: An odor spreads out from the top of Krugor’s staff. This smell is quite similar to the smell from garlic’s and onions. It creates an uncomfortable feeling among people standing to close to the source of the ooze, it even might cause nauseua or symptoms thereof. People familiar with cooking and/or preparing of onions and garlic's don't notice the effect of this spell.

[ Level 1 proficiency: Average ]

Equipment:

Plynt Staff:
Krugor carries around a plynt staff (described in the “Appearance” part) with no real magical powers whatsoever. (Upgraded here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=2249))

Plynt Dagger:
The only pointy knife Krugor bought with the intention of using it as a weapon. It’s a curved dagger, with a leather hilt, and blade made from the finest plynt available. Although it is a second-hand weapon Krugor treats it like his baby, and feels like there’s nothing else in the world that could surpass this fine weaponry. (Purchased here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=2249))

Leather Bracers:
These bracers are made from a dark, red leather. They have been custom made for Krugor by the Elves of Raiaera after his adventure in the Obsidian Spire. It also has the insignia of the Bladesinger’s Guild embroidered into it, done with real craftsmanship. (Acquired here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=36754#post36754))

Leather Backpack:
On his back the skeleton carries a leather backpack with the following contents:

- A small steel pot.
- A set of iron forks, knives and spoons.
- An iron kettle.
- A book with several cooking recipes.

Cyrus the virus
09-18-06, 04:07 PM
Lots of updates, but nothing too strong. Approved, skelly!