PDA

View Full Version : To Tame Farswandra (Closed)

black shadow
04-23-14, 08:07 PM
Ooc:
closed to Dein (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26877-the-lady-s-man-dein&highlight=), Fox Owen Xavier (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?27268-foxy-level-2), Hysteria (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26311-talen-shadowalker-chapter-9&highlight=), Green Gwendolyn (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?27335-green-gwendolyn&highlight=), and Tobias Stalt (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26930-the-next-page-tobias-level-2&highlight=)

black shadow
04-24-14, 05:57 PM
The Red Forest. A dangerous place. Stories of this place have been told to scare people into staying away, but the dangers have been oh so real. The lives of many have been taken in these lands, but those who have returned came with treasures. And that was Black Shadow's goal.

He heard of a legendary tree south of Eluriand, at the heart of the Red Forest. This tree is said to be of the absolut best wood for a bow, and a bow is what Black Shadow needs. But first, he would need allies, someone to help fight his way through the forest and to this tree. And that would require allies. Which is why he was at Hanquilden, a city he had come to know almost as his home town. People knew him,some even learned sign language to speak to him. Hopefully he could get someone to join him here.

Entering the local tavern just inside the city gate, Black Shadow spotted the bartender and walked over to him. "Shadow, what can I do for you today? water like usual?" The bartender said.

"No thanks Jeff, I'm actually looking for some people to go on a quest with me. Know of anyone in town who could maybe help?" Black Shadow said in sign language.

"Well there is the new guys in town. Five of 'em in fact, just came in this morning. Different times, but still, they're here." Jeff replied. "Over in the corner is one of 'em, hasn't left that spot since he got here, odd one, he is."

"Thank you." Black Shadow said as he stood and began to walk towards the man.

Green Gwendolyn
04-28-14, 12:47 PM
Gwendolyn entered the bar, her elvish traits sure to fool them! If she looked this young, but most elves much older would look the same, how hard would it be to just walk in a buy a drink?

... But why did the teenage elf want a drink anyways?

... It was her father. He left her. Gwendolyn desperately wanted to escape the pain her caretaker brought her and she heard that drinks were just the thing. However, while she was walking up to the country (and trying to act very mature in the process) she noted a mysterious black clad man talking to the bar tender. Gwendolyn walked up to them, planning on pushing the man - who looked like a ranger to her enough - away to talk to him. Gwendolyn hated rangers...

However, just as she was about to do so, the bar tender the man walked away, through the shadows. Gwendolyn growled, suddenly wondering if she could teach this man a lesson.

It was the rangers that drove her and her father apart. Since they both joined them, her father had turned on her and left her for dead. It was their faults! And from the way it looked, this man was a ranger. Gwendolyn smirked and turned to the bar tender, placing a relaxed arm on the counter and leaning on it. In a cheery voice she requested, "A pint of something heavy please, and hold it for until I come back." Then she stood up again and stalked over to the man.

Gwendolyn walked through the dark shadows of the tavern, beams of sunlight gasping through any windows that were open. Men, mostly other elves, eating and drinking at several tables. Several men had fallen asleep from being drunk. There was also a patch of women, over in the corner, gossiping and pointing at various people in the one, large room. They too were enjoying drinks and chuckling together. Gwendolyn couldn't help but wonder of some were as young as she was... for an elf. Right when she walked up to the man, she tapped his shoulders so he would turn around and face her - and the blonde readied a heavy punch.

black shadow
04-29-14, 06:37 AM
Black Shadow's shoulder's tensed as he felt someone tap on his shoulder. There was only one reason someone would do such a thing to a man like himself in this bar. Bracing himself for what he expected to come, Black Shadow turned around and ducked, the punch of the woman elf just passing over his head. Placing his arms onto her legs, he lifted and threw her over his shoulder onto her back. He turned to face her, hoping she would not get up.

The entire bar now stared at them, hoping the fight would continue, some even chanted "Fight! Fight!" at them. But Black Shadow would not get caught up in something as silly as a fight against an elf who would surely lose, and especially since it was a woman he would have to fight. Black Shadow just took a step over the woman and continued to walk towards the man, now standing. He had black hair and appeared to look twenty five years old.

Green Gwendolyn
04-29-14, 07:47 AM
Gwendolyn growled, this ranger must have more experience than she thought. She took a moment to rest until the shadowy man stepped over her... she remembered all the times those older elven rangers looked down and bullied her.

Not again! Gwendolyn told herself as she got up. As she rose, some blood trickled out of the young elf's mounth. She felt that this man's reason for walking away might resolve around her being a girl. She stalked over to him again, pacing herself in his own strides - the elven rangers had ridiculed her for her gender too. "What's wrong, ranger?" She sarcastically started, "Too cowardly to outright hit a girl?" She placed her hands on her hips, waiting for an answer rather impatiently.

Dein
04-29-14, 11:20 AM
"Well how are you ladies doing today?" Dein said to the small group of gossiping women standing in the corner of this dark bar. None of them seemed to pay him any mind other than a few giggles and more whispering amongst themselves. This did not detour him advances in the least as he continued to stand by them flaunting his luscious hair, until he had caught the attention of one of the ladies. They started to chit chat as Dein had time to spare, this was indeed his favorite way to kill time.

All was well until two figures in the somewhat darkness drew closer to each other, he could see that one was an young elf girl. She was approaching the other man fast and hastily put her hand on the mans shoulder. Dein already saw what was going to happen next, he has seen many a bar fight in his day. And just as he expected the man threw the girl over his shoulder like it was no problem.

"Excuse me hunny." Dein said as he walked away from the girls just as everyone started to chant 'Fight' aloud. The man brushed of the event but the young elf was not about to let this go without more confrontation it seemed. Dein quickly navigated the room just as she was about to confront the shadowy figure a second time. Dein had managed to make his way in between the two in time to defuse the situation, he wouldn't want the girl to get hurt in anyway.

"Hey now sweetie, you don't want to do anything you might regret." Dein says with the sweetest smile possible, though she looked ready to attack the man with her hands on her hips. Dein takes a step closer and says quietly to her "I promise you this wont be pretty for anyone if you do."

Hysteria
05-05-14, 07:53 AM
Talen flicked through a small book idly. The black leather bound diary was mostly nondescript, but the words that quickly formed on the pages as the child read echoed magic. The youth had been at the table for most of the day, his half empty cup had been nursed slowly for the last half an hour. The bar tender had scoffed at his request for milk, but not as his coin. The raucous broke out and the youth flicked his blue eyes up. Cold, calm and just a little haunted they didn't seem surprised at the attempted act of aggression. Talen lifted back his hood, revealing his child like features more clearly. Black unkempt hair fell across his eyes, a doey and slightly vacant smile etched with practiced effectiveness across his face. Before anyone might have mistaken him from a man in his hidden attire, but not he was certainly a child.

The book slowly disappeared into the folds of his cloak, safe in the endless dark folds of the youth's cloths. He lifted his face to Black Shadow. The youth tried to picture where he had seen him before, but the memory floated around his head and evaded every attempt to pin it down. In a small town such as this Talen found it easy to spot those that weren't locals. Himself, the man approaching him, the elf and the red head. They were like grapes on a cherry tree.

"Greeting stranger." Talen looked at Shadow and flicked his eyes to the Elf, "Making friends I see."

The Diary told Talen why the elf had attacked Shadow. In its scrawling script were clearly the words rangers. Talen knew actual rangers were few and far between, so it seemed unlikely that the man actually was one. More likely he was a man on a mission. The sort of mission that a kid could use to distract his mind from.... things.

black shadow
05-07-14, 06:46 AM
Black Shadow stopped at the taunts from the girl. Why does she insist on fighting? Black Shadow thought to himself. He turned to face her and put his hand on the hilt of his sword. He waited for her to make another move, and right when he thought that she would, a man jumped in front of the two. The man whispered to the girl quietly to the point Black shadow could barely hear. Black Shadow turned back to his target. The man was now looking at Black Shadow, as was the rest of the bar at this point, and spoke to him.

Black Shadow nodded at Talen, hoping he was as friendly as the first comment made him to be. Waving his hand along his neck, Black Shadow showed him he cannot speak. He then looked over at Jeff and motioned him to come.

When Jeff reached the table Black Shadow turned to Talen again. Motioning in sign language, Black Shadow said "may I have a seat? I would like to talk to you about something important." He then looked at Jeff who translated for him.

Green Gwendolyn
05-16-14, 05:28 PM
Gwendolyn knew these types... womanizers, flirts... the last kind of people she needed.

"Hey now, don't call me 'sweetie'." She glared at the newcomer, "I know what I'm doing." She crossed her arms and let some of her fingers fall onto one of the limbs of her wooden longbow which hung on her back. Just to prove how lethal she was.

This man reminded her of those rangers who thought girls were no good for combat. For some reason everything was just lining up... "I've roughed the train my entire life. I don't need yet another gentleman telling me what to do!" She stomped her foot in protest. All the the rangers - including her father eventually - had treated her like scum not worthy of their cause. And her reply was? 'Screw their cause cause she now had one of her own!'

Given that this had happened only one single day ago, she was not in the brightest mood... or mind.

Tobias Stalt
05-16-14, 06:52 PM
A tankard toppled on the bar from where some patron beat his fists too hard on it. The amber froth within cascaded over the table and gracelessly into the lap of a darkly dressed fellow, but the man seemed not to notice as he took a long drag from his pipe. Seconds passed as he blew out a plume of smoke and the hoots evolved into antagonistic yells, and finally Tobias rose wordlessly.

Behind the woman calling loudly out in a matter of steps, the former soldier placed a firm hand on her Longbow with just enough strength to challenge her ability to draw it. "That won't be necessary, ma'am," he said firmly, yet with an air of calm. "No use wasting arrows."

He stepped up next to her and offered a serene smile. "What seems to be the problem here?" Tobias had been an officer, once. The grizzled veteran knew well enough how to diffuse a drunken brawl or stir up a crowd. All it took was the right touch, and a few words. Still, it was better not to get too greatly involved. He had no intention of drawing too much attention to himself. After all, there were eyes everywhere.

He let go of the bow after a few moments, careful to offer her a reassuring nod. His left hand had already secreted a grip onto his hidden dagger, but he had no intention of drawing it unless compelled. "Let's avoid a scene..." he suggested, his voice quieter by a few decibels. Tobias wanted to send a message not of command or urgency, but a request to be obliged.

Hysteria
06-02-14, 07:31 AM
A cold feeling of dread spread down Talen's spine as he watched the unmistakable gait of an officer. The youth recognised the man, Tobias Stalt. It was far from a friendly encounter that was shared between the boy knight and officer, one that was not easily forgotten.

Shitballs...

Talen pulled up his hood with a flick of his hands. His dark messy air slowly grew longer until it reached down around his face. The youth's features were young, enough the youth hoped to skip any awkward questions that he knew might be coming. After a brief moment of thought he decided the best defence was offence and twisted on the spot and placed his legs on the table. Cocky, cheeky, perhaps a bit foolish; he waited for the scene to play.

Green Gwendolyn
06-02-14, 02:43 PM
Gwendolyn felt another man touch her bow and attempt to calm her down... attempt.

Gwen growled and pulled herself away from him, "Cut it out!" She yelled, "Both of you!" Being surrounded by men attempting to control her, Gwen was reminded of the rangers who had abused her. They ordered her around, stole her own kills, and forced her to the shadows of the edge of their camp as an outsider. There was fear, intense fear, crossing her eyes. tears even briefly formed, "J-Just..." Gwendolyn sighed, "Leave me alone..."

Mood swing issues... she had them.

Gwendolyn's eyes narrowed, she turned to the man in black and pointed, "Don't think you can't get out of this yet, ranger..." Gwendolyn turned around and stalked into a corner, forgetting about her drink. She just wanted to be left alone. The shadows and light beams flashing across the shabby inn reflected Gwendolyn's heart: cold and confused with brief flashes of sunshine. As if she wanted to be invisible, Gwendolyn pulled her hood over her blond head before sitting in an empty chair and pulling herself up to an empty table, hoping to be just ignored until she could catch this ranger alone... and teach him what the price for tossing her over his shoulder like a salad was.

Dein
06-03-14, 11:45 AM
It all seemed to be settling down in the tavern, the girl was now at least calmer than before and the shadowy figure seemed to find who he was looking for. Dein felt metal exhausted after trying to settle the girl down, it was like talking to a wall which was wearing earmuffs. The other man who had come to his aid seemed also to have formed sweat droplets on his forehead. Not for a long has Dein met a woman who can exhaust two men at once. Interesting, he thought as his vision was stuck on Gwen whilst she sat down, still the same look of dedication staining her face. She was not completely finished with this scene but at least she was sitting for the time being.

Fallowing suit Dein pulled out the an empty chair from the same table as the Gwendolyn, sat down and kick his feet up on the table. Stretching his head back behind his shoulders and crossing his arms behind his head, Dein let out a large yawn. After his yawn he looked forward at Gwen and said with a smile on his face "Hi im Dein Vander, would you give me the luxury of knowing your beautiful?" His swag meter was all the way in the red... well at least he thought. He wasn't sure what it was but something about her was intoxicating to Dein, was if her determination or maybe just her bluntness? Whatever the case he wanted to at least talk to her more.

Fox Owen Xavier
06-05-14, 06:33 PM
“...What's with that racket downstairs? Can’t a sleepy fellow get a rest? I was out all last night gathering special ingredients and would have thought that I could sleep until it’s time for another round… Damn it! My hearing is just way too sensitive now,” Fox grumbled to himself as half-heartily walked down the stairs to the busy tavern below.

black shadow
07-11-14, 03:55 PM
What's he looking at? Black Shadow thought as the man turned his gaze away from him and re-positioned himself. Shadow turned his eyes in the direction the man looked and saw something that made his mind panic. Behind him was his opponent from the Magus Cup, Tobias Stalt.

Black Shadow spun again to the man across the table and positioned himself in a similar pose. He then looked at Jeff, who knew what he wanted.

Jeff turned and walked away from the table towards the woman in he green. She showed a disgusted face and nearly slapped Jeff. She stood angrily and began to walk towards Black Shadow's table. Jeff then walked to the Man with the long red hair and proceeded to persuade him to go over to Black Shadow's table. After a few seconds conversation with the man, Jeff finally convinced him to go to the table. He then Went to talk to Tobias. Black Shadow began to sweat a bit as he watched Jeff speak to Tobias, the conversation not going so well.

After what seemed like an hour, Tobias calmly walked over to the table, Jeff following closely behind. As He reached the table, Black Shadow motioned his hand towards Jeff, telling him to repeat his question to the group.

"I have a quest that I need help with. Will you be willing to put our differences aside to gain something big?"

black shadow
10-31-14, 06:45 AM
I realize this thread probably is never going to get finished, so sorry everyone who was involved, but I'm closing this and submitting for judging.

~Black Shadow~

Quentin Boone
11-01-14, 01:20 AM
black shadow receives:

387 EXP
44 GP

Green Gwendolyn receives:

327 EXP
44 GP

Dein receives:

164 EXP
22 GP