PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Continuity

Krausus
05-03-14, 05:18 PM
This seems like a dumbass question, but do we have any sort of "main" storyline here?

I know that i've suggested this kind of thing before, and they're always ripped apart, and for good reason. But an idea now is that with all of our threads we normally makes, we try to open a sort of central quest, allowing anyone who's made at least say, 3, IC posts on that account to join, and have a part. As our podcasters have said, we don't have a huge member base, and this might attract a few, and have them stay, as they can write, and be able to get it judged, maybe a tad less.

On the part we'd have too many people writing, we do something along the lines of the war, but in the way of how a stock splits. When we hit, say, 20 questers, we divide into 2 groups of ten, and then when we hit 40 all together, we just close it for a bit, ask a few people to leave if others become interested, and cycle through our members as we go. This would be a ban of alts, but if you wish, you could kick your alt, then make it on your main Say we have this

M1-M5 join, M6-M7 post in recruitment thread, we ask M1-M2 to leave for a little while to let M6-M7 write. Then M3 wants to bring her alt in, so M3 kicks her original character to the side, say they'll catch up, and the alt comes in.

Then 30 posts later, we pause for a week or two, get it judged, preferably bringing in an unbiased judge, or have two judges doing it.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
05-03-14, 05:25 PM
Alright, it may just be lack of sleep, but your explanation of M's made absolutely no sense to me.

As for actual main storyline, this is why we have Canon Masters, and why we run Guided Quests, Moderated Quests, whatever you want to call them. People sign up, a Canon mod moderates it, and they go through a story that affects the canon of a particular area or group.

If you mean is there a single, overarching plot for the entire board, then my guess would be no. Althanas is made up of many different regions, each with their own unique backstories and heritage, so that people can explore whatever sort of themes and lands they choose. This means that, while very few events will effect the world as a whole, each region gets to expand its canon with things like the Guided Quests - thus, developing unique histories for each, and allowing people to use these things to add distinct flavours to their characters. Like Otto's participation in the Corone civil war, for example.

[edit: after finishing my drink the M's make sense. Huzzah!]

Krausus
05-03-14, 05:43 PM
Ya see, that's is what i need to think of when i post things like this.....

Anyways, the main idea of it would be that i'd be some sort of story, which could be compared to a larger quest, meant less to develop character the entire time, but to keep us in a vaguely solid timeline, which would sorta make it so that instead of our current "frozen in one spot" type of time, we could *potentially* progress technologically,

(Though now that i think of it, that makes no sense, but whatever.)

Or we could do an ongoing quest, much like an event, but without a repetitive nature, such as a story another site that i tried to write on did. Santharian War, 4 (http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=8627.msg298342;topicseen#new) This story, that I know of, has arched along seven or eight years, and is by far one of the best, yet strictest I have ever read. The idea I proposed would be similar, but arching over the quests, possibly spanning 2-3 countries of ours, Corone, Salvar, etc. As that, we'd be able to capture the history and features of both parts, but allowing us to keep an oriented hold on the development of our world.

[EDIT-http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?board=157.0 THIS IS THE TRUE BOARD FOR THE WAR LINKED EARLIER]