PDA

View Full Version : Facts are stubborn things

The Bard
04-01-06, 06:36 PM
Amoroth countinued on the road still thinking of what just happened. His hands were resting behind his head and he was wistleing a merry tune. He was as carfree as his tune and so was all that was around him. The sun had set and darkness swallowed the sky and stars had looked like the suns light had tried to break thourgh. Pine trees were lined up along the road like soliders in perfect formation. after four hours he saw the light's of a small town. It consisted of atleast 30 houses, 1 huge tavern possible the towns main source for enetertainment, and a huge tower located on a hill that overlooked the town and beyond. Amoroth got to the town in 20 minutes and walked to the tavern. There was barly anyone awake so he tried to be as silent as he can and stopped wistleing. He opend the huge double door to the tavern and got a few glances from barbaric looking men and farmers. The bartender was cleaning the oak table with a rag, His gut prevented him from going more than halfway up the table. Amoroth was to tired to really wait till he was done so he blurted out.

"Do you have any rooms to stay in". The bartender jumped in suprise and looked at Amoroth.

"Yes we do that will be 10 gold if your lookin for one." He said, Amoroth unloaded his gold sack and handed him the said amount. "Half a minute let me get your key." He said and came back in a short time and handed Him the key. Amoroth looked at the number it said "5 upstairs". The huge oak staircase spiraled around leading to the second floor. Amoroth inseted the key into the lock and turned giving it a small tug it opened and shut behind him. It was as normal as can be when he looked around just a bed,cupboard,fireplace, and a window for fresh air there were a few pictures but none caught his eye. Amoroth took off his weapon and lute and collasped on the bed morning would come and so would new adventures.

Blue
04-01-06, 06:55 PM
Slowly stumbling into the exquisite tavern, Abrahm took the time to glance around. The tables were situated in a circular formation, not much unlike many in the area. It seemed as though the focal point was a small podium in the middle of the common room, which he assumed was for entertainers such as himself. He'd seen only one man enter before him, one who also carried a lute but looked too tired to even attempt to play.

Abrahm, on the other hand, felt quite refreshed and ready for a late night. Not many patrons seemed to be bustling around and those who still were awake and lively kept to their glasses. Giving a long stretch, he heard the floor let out an unpleasant creak and he shrunk quickly to try and halt the noise. The bard looked around some more before slowly making his way to the left wall where the bartender held himself.

"Excuse me sir, are any rooms available?" he said in a slightly hushed voice. He was slightly disappointed when the man shook his head in disapproval; it looked as he had little choice but to stay downstairs most of the night and simply practice his melodies. Perhaps if he played quietly he would not disturb those who had already laid their heads to rest. Motioning to show that he would just take a table in the back, the bartender nodded slightly.

Finding a comfortable spot was much more difficult then Abrahm thought it would be. Any seats too close to a window seemed uncomfortable, as he did not like the eyes of night glaring down his back. He was unwilling to sit too close to either of the two staircases on either side of the tavern for fear of his music reaching the ears of those who did not wish to be disturbed. His last hope was closest to the door, which was, he supposed, the least of three evils.

As he placed himself in a snug chair, he examined those whom he would be sharing company with. A young couple- no older than 25, both of them- looked to be exchanging smiles and kisses in a corner where the moonlight hit them well. Even with the dim light of the lanterns that hung from the wooden rooftop, Abrahm could see they were in love. He smiled a boyish grin and looked towards a few surly men who seemed to be enjoying a quiet game of cards. They paid little attention to those around them, and said nothing aside from the occasional jest or chuckle.

No other true figures of interest proved to be noteworthy between the occasional farmer sipping at some beer or rum. Sliding his lute from his back, he gave it a quiet strum. The soft melody hit his ears like a warm breeze and he sighed calmly. The feeling did not last, however, as the notes faded quickly and a strange reality reared it's ugly face to Abrahm. Head lifting tentatively, the bard noticed a stranger he had not noticed in his previous scanning.

The man was something straight out of a horror story, sitting in the corner with a tightly wrapped cloth around his face. His hair was mostly covered by a dark brown, wide-brimmed hat that was usually the trademark of wizards. The few locks that could be seen looked dull and gray, and bared a few shiny marks that appeared to Abrahm as grease. He could help but wrinkle his nose at the man, whose robes were as dirty as his hair, very tarnished and ripped.

If there was one thing Abrahm had learned from his travels, however, it was not to judge a book by it's cover. As such, he simply twisted his chair around to put the person out of the sight and began to softly play a melody that he did not have any recollection of playing before.

It was a haunting, foreboding sound...

The Bard
04-04-06, 07:48 PM
Amoroth tossed and turned it was something about that dark tower that kept him up all night. He got up and decied the only way he could solve this problem was a few cups of ale. Amoroth got up and locked his door on the way out. It had been very hot from the huge fire place on the east wall of the tavern. Giving the thought that it would get cold around these parts, but what brought to his atteion was the fact that it had been hot from were he just left. Amoroth had walked on the creaky boards slowly till he got to the bartender.

"Excuse me can I get some ale, I find it very hard to get to sleep." Amoroth said with a raspy voice. But just then remebering he left his money sack in the room. The bartender pointed to the board on the wall issueing the prices, Amoroth started to walk back till then a old hand put five gold on the table.

"Do not worry lad this is on me." Amoroth turned his head to see a old man in tattered clothes and pointed hat. It seemed most of his luck had come from wizards. The bartender handed Amoroth the beer and countinued on with his duties while Amoroth took a seat. A bard had been playing a beatiful tune in the corner the whole time which is what made Amoroth stop to listen. Till the old man blurted out.

"Excuse me young lad may I ask you of a favor." Amoroth was puzzled at first but then nodded his head in agreement. "Well for starters I am Curio Avallen and your proably thinking Im a wizard but I am actually an Alchemists and that tower over there is mine...oh and before I go on I may need your friends help as well." Curio pointed a long skinny pale finger out at the other bard and told him to come here. Amoroth didnt really want to say anything becaues there was possibilty he was going to get paid and the alchemists might call it off becaues he would think he couldnt do it by himself. But the more the merry.

Osato
06-29-06, 12:53 PM
Closed and moved due to inactivity for over two months. PM me if you wish for this to be reopened and moved back, but only if you are going to actively complete the thread. Thank you.

~Osato