PDA

View Full Version : Better blades.

Camella
09-21-06, 08:46 PM
Camella looked down at her twin daggers. They were all bloody and dull. She knew what she needed. She needed better weapons. Camella looked up and down the streets until she noticed a sign that read "this way to the bazaar". Camella followed it into an odd looking shop. When she arrived, she placed 200 gold on the counter.

"Excuse me, but what is the best set of twin daggers I can get for this?" Camella asked the shopkeeper, hoping against hope that she had enough money to purchase something decent.

AsukaStrikes
09-22-06, 12:34 AM
The Bazaar was unusually slow this time of day, though the shopkeeper found it to be amazingly relaxing. He had been up all night examining his wares and keeping them shining and razor-sharp. Who would ever buy a dull knife in their right minds, he thought.

Everyone wanted something sharp and pointy.

Including his customer standing right in front of the counter.

"Well, missy. Looking for something nice 'n' sharp, yes?" Drogar grinned under his thick shaggy beard, leaning casually over the oak counter where the oddly-shaped girl placed her stash of gold. "I've got just the thing fer you."

His huge bulk swaggered over towards the wall to his right and the giant of a man returned with a pair of shining grey daggers in his hand.

"These beauts here are a pair o' steel kris, m'dear. Made by dah good lads o' Corone Forging. Either this..."

Drogar took a few moments scanning the shelves and placed another pair of daggers onto the counter. "These 'ere are Elven-forged knives, hand-forged steel as well and weigh mighty right in your hands, I reckon."

Both sets of blades were not among the best the store owner had, though, but they should prove adequate for this strange lass. The wavy kris blades were made for stabbing and ripping while the elven knives meant cuts were clean and unhindered.

"They're both of fine quality, m'girl. Both will run you about 200 for each pair."

He thought it was a good deal himself. Nothing like a good pair of daggers to keep a person safe. Drogar waited for the girl to make up her mind as the wares were laid out on the counter.

Camella
09-22-06, 06:22 PM
Though the kris blades looked cooler, Camella quickly decided on the Elven daggers. She had heard only good things about elven forged items, and besides, they seemed more lightweight.

"I will take these." Camella said picking the elven blades up. "Is there any change, or does the total come to exactly 200? Really, I don't mind either way."

AsukaStrikes
09-24-06, 02:42 AM
"Those are fine selections, miss. You won't get them for less than 200 anywhere else in Corone, I'll say." He said, leaning up against the counter. "There are better ones, but you'll have to either go to Raiaera or Haidia fer that. Of course, you could go with human-forged daggers of the same design if you want cheaper ones. They'll only run you 180 total, at the expense of added weight. Us humans aren't as fine-fingered as them Concordian Elves, if ya know what I mean."

He doubted, though, that the strange lass would be changing her mind. He could see the gleam of satisfaction in her eyes even in the relatively poorly-illuminated shop. A satisfied customer almost always never change their minds.

"But~ I'm sure you'd find them Elven blades more useful. It's 200 flat, missy."

His left hand went for the pile of gold automatically, poised to sweep them into the leather pouch behind the counter. He counted all 200 of them with only his eyes and he would add them to the register later. But, for now, he needed to attend to his customer.

"So, is there anything else ye be interested in, missy?"

Camella
09-25-06, 08:22 PM
"Nope, that will do it for now." Camella said with a gleam in her eye.

And with that, Camella left. With her new blades in hand, she was ready to take on the world.

AsukaStrikes
09-26-06, 06:35 AM
"Suits yerself, lassie." Dregar grinned as his hand cleaned the counter, hearing all 200 coins jingle melodically inside the leather bag. To him, a happy customer is a satisfied customer. And by the looks of this happy customer, he was willing to bet that this lass would not be coming back to buy a new pair of blades for a long while.

"Kids these days..." He chuckled, noting down the sales and placing the gold in the safety box. "Can't keep 'em away from adventures, I'll say."

((200 GP taken from Camella. +10 EXP))