PDA

View Full Version : The Night of Ascension

Requiem of Insanity
05-24-14, 08:27 PM
So it was that nine months ago Cassandra Remi and her Cult of Blessed Torture attacked the Ixian Knights. They struck hard and fast, sneaking into the night and attacking where the knights were most vulnerable. This night has gone down in history as the dreaded Night of Debauchery.

Now, the time has come for all the fruits of the Cult's labors to begin to bare fruit. The Dark Mother incubates even now in the Womb of God, a powerful artifact. It is only a matter of time before she is reborn, but in these final hours she is at her most vulnerable. Now, more than ever, she needs her Cultist to protect her as she ascends to godhood.

~~~~

The Night of Debauchery is wrapping up, and it's time to draw up the second story of the trilogy. For those who are interested the war will be one massive story driven fight between the Cult of Blessed Torture and the Ixian Knights. The battle will take place in three phases:

Phase 1: Insertion- Using the Titans of Dethaine, the Cult of Clockwork designed specialized pods that fits three heroes in them. Using the titans, these pods will be tossed right into the mansion, like a drop pod. Yes, this is supposed to be as epic as you think. During this time, the Cult will be unprepared and have to strain to deal with the new threat.

Phase 2: The Ixians pushing their assault manage to break into the under basement area to find themselves within a dug out cavern the size of a large coliseum. The far back of the cave is a raised dias where Cassandra Incubates, and only those with specific permission will be allowed up there. In this area lies the queen of the Coronian spiders, and so expect some heavy ass fighting in this area.

Phase 3: The finale will be revealed at the time of it's start, with key players being put into position for their parts. During this time all mercenaries and Ixians not in the final progress of the story should begin to wrap up their personal battles and stories.

Theme: the Theme of this thread is desperation. Complete, total desperation. The Cult will do everything they frantically can to make sure the Dark Mother ascends, while the Ixians will do everything in their power to stop her once and for all. This is the last game of the season, Bob, so everyone better fight their hearts out.

Please let me know if you're interested, which side, and if you just want to be a part, but not sure how you can be, let me know and I'll work with you!

Silence Sei
05-24-14, 09:07 PM
Not only is Sei in here, but be sure to keep an eye out for a couple of Sei Alt Cameos.

Bitch goin down.

Silence Sei
05-24-14, 09:18 PM
I wanted to come in and say that this isn't actually a "IK seeks vengence against the Cult" thing so much as it is a "Sei is pissed and probably has some other pissed people who are going to fuck Cassandra Remi's life up" kind of thing.

Requiem of Insanity
05-24-14, 09:24 PM
Correct, a large portion of the army may be Ixian Knights, but the idea is that Jensen has been gathering supporters for months now, and hopes to lead the rag tag army against her.

So, when I refer to Ixian Knights, please understand that's an easier way of identifying the attackers.

Lye
05-24-14, 09:53 PM
I'd like to insert somewhere for a cameo to play the role of a mental antagonist for Jensen. I don't want to "fight" for any one particular side, but I do want to focus on unleashing Jensen. My end game is to mess with his moral compass and enable him into being a monster to kill a monster.

If you have a spot in the story for something, then let me know. Otherwise, I could sign up Siegfried if he gets into the IK. That'd be his cup of tea and he has some purification skills which may come in handy.

Ioder
05-24-14, 10:29 PM
Interesting, but this is no place for a noob is it?

Abomination
05-24-14, 10:34 PM
Sure it is. My maw has plenty of room in it for you.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-24-14, 10:38 PM
Newbs welcome.

Alexander Morningstar
05-24-14, 11:46 PM
If those of noobish inclination are welcome, I'd definitely be down to participate. While Alexander tends to be more of an independent crusader, he'd side with the Ixian Knights on this one in whatever small way he could. I'm a little fuzzy on the how, but I'm up for it.

Ioder
05-25-14, 12:01 AM
Im in, but im not sure where to align myself.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-25-14, 12:32 AM
Let me see how the roster fills up. Then I'll give you a hand Ioder.

Sagequeen
05-25-14, 01:16 AM
I'll bring the wine and pretty dresses. And some bitch-stomping shoes.

Dissinger
05-25-14, 03:33 AM
Seth is in.
Liliana is in.
Lavinian Dementia is in.
Taka is in.

Oh god, I'm going to be running ragged...

Philomel
05-25-14, 01:49 PM
I believe that the dear Nightingale Faun will be interested to fight ... and possibly her brother.

What I am thinking is going to happen is Philomel against the IK and ensemble, filling in her alliance here purely based on the Eiskalt War.
Leaf, on the other hand, may try to help the IK in some small way.

Depending on how long this whole thing takes to set up I am actually tempted to have them basically come up with a plan - for each one of them deliberately to side with opposite ones in order to learn as much as possible. Leaf is inherently good, and so IK makes a lot more sense for him. And when I say Leaf will fight, I really mean his pigs will.
-If this idea is approved, I will tie it into the current thread I am writing between them, called Good Relations.

OINK! (http://cutearoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Pig1.jpg)

Enigmatic Immortal
05-25-14, 01:53 PM
This plan is approved. God speed little faun, god speed.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-25-14, 01:53 PM
Taka will have the honor of guarding Jebb Remi in his cell back at the Ixian castle.

Leaf
05-25-14, 01:56 PM
WOO HOO!! approved, and so fast.

Prepare for an event of intriguing proportions, my dear non-fauns <3

Mordelain
05-25-14, 02:10 PM
Is this in Corone I assume?

Enigmatic Immortal
05-25-14, 02:15 PM
This is

Mordelain
05-25-14, 02:25 PM
Duffy can't help this time, then. Arden pledges his sword once again.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-25-14, 02:36 PM
Sounds good. Any other members of the flock?

Mordelain
05-25-14, 02:44 PM
Everyone else is geographically 'unavailable' or really pissed off with Sei :cool:

Silence Sei
05-25-14, 06:05 PM
This plan is approved. God speed little faun, god speed.

This is timeline wise before Eiksalt, is it not? I don't see it making much sense for Sei to wait that long. If not I have to withdraw my participation.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-25-14, 06:07 PM
Would he? Even if he was asked extra nicely by Jensen?

Rayse Valentino
05-25-14, 06:27 PM
Eiskalt involved Catherine, not Cassandra, right? Is there really a conflict?

9 months does seem like an awful long time for a counter-attack, in any case. I think whatever the IK canon is for all this could take precedence over the two-ish threads you did in the clan war, otherwise someone has to retcon.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-25-14, 06:32 PM
Not what I had envisioned for the story plot,honestly. Some plot mechanics needed Eiskalt to happen for characters and for Catherine to be present for her big plot hook

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-25-14, 07:09 PM
Throwing my lot in with the Cult of Blessed Torture.

I've been told to give 2-3 weeks for my squad of special order homunculi to arrive in the mail, though. And that contents may settle during shipping. But I should be good to go.

Rayse Valentino
05-25-14, 07:10 PM
Not what I had envisioned for the story plot,honestly. Some plot mechanics needed Eiskalt to happen for characters and for Catherine to be present for her big plot hook

Fair enough. Time is liquid, after all!

Roht Mirage
05-26-14, 02:06 AM
Astarelle reporting for duty as moral support and dance partner. And she's totally yoinking Crozius for the fast songs.

Requiem of Insanity
10-24-14, 05:36 PM
Roll call kids! Those who are interested need to step up now. There will be a change in the way the thread will go down, so for all of you interested please post if you are on board. I don't want this to take a year to finish. So please join only if you can reliably post twice a week.

Karuka
10-24-14, 05:42 PM
I'm interested. I don't know if twice a week is feasible with all the people who're slated to appear, but I am interested.

Ioder
10-24-14, 06:17 PM
Yeah if you'll have me.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-24-14, 06:28 PM
Who would you fight for Ioder?

Ioder
10-24-14, 06:34 PM
I guess it would be the IK assuming Cal is participating. If not then ill just protect the citizens of the land from the cult.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-24-14, 06:40 PM
Hmmm, there won't be citizens in this thread, but the next one there wIll be. Why don't you sit this one out and I'll put you in for the second one. I got an idea I'll PM you about.

Taviri Ambria
10-24-14, 06:48 PM
We gonna put Diss in this one? At the very least he's doing a cameo.

Ioder
10-24-14, 06:53 PM
Gotcha ill sit out.

Lye
10-24-14, 07:21 PM
I'm in. Use me as devil's advocate.

Abomination
10-24-14, 07:42 PM
rawr etc

Enigmatic Immortal
10-24-14, 08:13 PM
Diss yes. Lye got it. Need to hammer ideas with.

Abom, rar, and dig the Avatar

Enigmatic Immortal
10-25-14, 04:21 PM
Closing Participation tonight, and starting the Google Doc tomorrow! Get in while you can!

Karuka
10-25-14, 07:06 PM
Can we have like, a folder? So we can have a plotline figured out and plan for what we're doing? And then everyone can have their sub-doc in the folder so they can doodle out what they want to accomplish in the thread and their rough outlines for their next post, etc?

Enigmatic Immortal
10-25-14, 07:15 PM
I don't see why not.

Enigmatic Immortal
11-07-14, 05:56 PM
The Link to the Google Doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SNpXRucszno3dedCj4XSZk7Sk67tEo1OyyAQZoHNTzI/edit?usp=sharing)

...It has begun...

Silence Sei
11-07-14, 06:41 PM
....?????

There seems to be a lack of me.

Enigmatic Immortal
11-07-14, 07:00 PM
By all means. Feel free to hop in. :3

Lye
11-10-14, 01:27 PM
I suppose that puts me up next to post?

Enigmatic Immortal
11-10-14, 03:54 PM
Yes sir.

Lye
11-10-14, 04:56 PM
I’ll be needing some input to get my post going. I still need to read through the beast that is Night of Debauchery. That being said, since I am with Jensen, we need to know what we are doing and what direction we need to be going. Given the post above, it would sound like Lye had the inside information on where Cass is, but is unsure of the layout of the den. Given the amount of labor invested into this, I’d like my posts to drive into the right direction and cover all the events needed. So for my post, where should we go? I can lead them into a large room to fight another onslaught of cult. Perhaps the door behind the cultists is barred and marked with runic inscription? This would be the ritual chamber/Cass's Sanctum?

We need a skeleton layout to keep things orchestrated. I know somewhere in there, I need to lead us to Samantha to do a stint about Seth's kid and some debt to Liliana. Given the plans for Samantha, I'll need some ideas on how that will play out. I also noticed the key points at the top of that document as well. It would be nice to know how they place in the story unless we're going to slam right into those roles off the bat and work the different sections as we go. (IE. player one and two fight the giant while Lye, Jensen, Abom, and Cass hash out the ascension scene.)

Enigmatic Immortal
11-10-14, 07:53 PM
Gotcha. I'll put the skeleton in the docs

Lye
11-15-14, 08:26 PM
Post is in the doc. Paul, run it over and fix my horrible attempt at Jensen.