PDA

View Full Version : Gisela FAQ

Silence Sei
05-27-14, 11:57 AM
Any questions need to be posted here. Also, there is a poll so we can determine whether you folks want a 3 week per round or 2 week per round tourney.

All questions and answers will be added to this post as they come.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-27-14, 12:38 PM
Eta for starting date?

Quentin Boone
05-27-14, 12:39 PM
Heroes are to be the equivalent of level 5. Is there a limit on the level of ordinary troops? If so, what is it?

Silence Sei
05-27-14, 02:15 PM
Eta for starting date?

Probably Semi-Finals or Finals to the Magus is when we'll start this up, so minimum two weeks or so.

Heroes are to be the equivalent of level 5. Is there a limit on the level of ordinary troops? If so, what is it?

Regular units are treated as level 1s and as such must only have steel weapon/armor equivalents at most. They may also have 1-3 abilities but nothing game breaking of course.

Christoph
05-27-14, 04:49 PM
Would it be permissible to combine level 1 troop slots into higher level troops, within reason (IE: not the whole army and probably not above level 2 or 3)? For instance, field 500 level 2 or 3 equivalents as an elite detachment, filling 1,000 or 1,500 level 1 slots in the army list. It would still require approval to make sure there's nothing game-breaking, and it would offer a bit more flexibility and variety in army building.

Silence Sei
05-27-14, 05:03 PM
Would it be permissible to combine level 1 troop slots into higher level troops, within reason (IE: not the whole army and probably not above level 2 or 3)? For instance, field 500 level 2 or 3 equivalents as an elite detachment, filling 1,000 or 1,500 level 1 slots in the army list. It would still require approval to make sure there's nothing game-breaking, and it would offer a bit more flexibility and variety in army building.

I'm willing to compromise on here, so here you go.

For 1,000 troops, you can gain 300 Level 3s (One time only)

For 1,000 Troops, you can get 500 Level 2s (One time)

For 1,000 troops, you can add an additional Hero Unit (One time)

All other soldiers must be Level 1 however.

Fox Owen Xavier
05-27-14, 05:18 PM
So are the format of these matches going to be one army against one army? Also, will the players get back their troops in between rounds? Sorry if these questions were already answered, I was just unable to find information on them.

hoytti
05-27-14, 05:39 PM
What about army transfers, examples would include defectors or, in the case of Grond, Zombifying.

Tobias Stalt
05-27-14, 05:57 PM
Don't listen to me, I'm stupid.

Silence Sei
05-27-14, 07:03 PM
So are the format of these matches going to be one army against one army? Also, will the players get back their troops in between rounds? Sorry if these questions were already answered, I was just unable to find information on them.

It will be 1v1 armies, and it was said in Rules and Regulations I believe that armies regenerate between rounds.

What about army transfers, examples would include defectors or, in the case of Grond, Zombifying.

Obviously, this is up to your opponents interpretation on how many of his troupe defect/zombify, but if they allow it, then their ranks are added to yours for that battle only. You will have a 10,000 soldier cap at the start of each round, but defectors or zombies or whatever you're using to turn can be added to your own stock for that round if your opponent permits it, and the turning is legitimate. Those extra units just go away by next round.

hoytti
05-27-14, 08:25 PM
understood.

Philomel
05-28-14, 08:43 AM
I may have misunderstood something, and so may need to edit.

The three "Heros" at level five; are these including your PC (i.e. Philomel) or is she one seperate one. That is how I read the rules, but I am thinking I may be wrong.

Silence Sei
05-28-14, 08:44 AM
Your PC is whatever current level your PC is, they do do not count amongst the Level 5 heroes.

Philomel
05-28-14, 10:43 AM
Thank you Sei, oh God of Stuff.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-28-14, 01:37 PM
Can I register 10,000 gummy bears, Jensen. And then go for it?

Dr. Why
05-28-14, 03:53 PM
Could you sacrifice say 1000 troops for adding a level/power to your Heroes?

black shadow
05-28-14, 04:10 PM
How about all your troops for a level 21? ;)

Silence Sei
05-28-14, 05:20 PM
Can I register 10,000 gummy bears, Jensen. And then go for it?

Yes, but it's stupid. Especially when you have the entire goddamn IK at your disposal.

Could you sacrifice say 1000 troops for adding a level/power to your Heroes?

No, absolutely not.

How about all your troops for a level 21?

Another dumb question like that and I'm registering Sei, and making Dirks judge again.

Tobias Stalt
05-28-14, 05:21 PM
*waits for Sei to register*

Enigmatic Immortal
05-28-14, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't want to inconvienence the IK for something as trivial as that.

Silence Sei
05-28-14, 05:52 PM
Yes.... using an army for a war tournament makes little to no sense. > : O

Rayse Valentino
05-28-14, 06:12 PM
Wait... 2 people are allowed to register as one army?

Silence Sei
05-28-14, 06:14 PM
See it now, just assumed Witchblade wa one of Jensen's heroes.

No, you can't dual army.

Rayse Valentino
05-28-14, 06:47 PM
I think the 10k cap should be enforced. It's not really a Gisela battle if it's 1 vs 10,000, even if it's Jensen or Draug, that's why I added a bunch of ghouls.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-28-14, 07:24 PM
Fair point. I shall withdrawl.

Silence Sei
05-28-14, 08:49 PM
Fair point. I shall withdrawl.

This is why we're not jerks about the 10k cap. If I see it again, you're out.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-28-14, 09:06 PM
? I withdrew....wouldn't I already be out? Confused.

Silence Sei
05-28-14, 09:42 PM
I meant Rayse being a jerk about the 10K cap, and the out thing was directed at him as well.

Rayse Valentino
05-28-14, 10:49 PM
Not sure how you interpret that as 'being a jerk', EI didn't take it that way, I dunno what's up with you but don't take it out on me. Let's all chillax.

Enigmatic Immortal
05-28-14, 11:13 PM
Riot! Throw chairs, flip tables!!!!!

(^)OmO)^ |-------| ~ |____|

Hysteria
05-31-14, 05:41 AM
┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Дยด)ノ︵ ┻━┻

On that note, how do maps work? How do armies fight...? Do we work with the other RPer to set everything up?

Silence Sei
05-31-14, 08:18 AM
Same way as a regular fight; first poster gets to describe the setting, units attack each other (The more detail, the better), and its up to each individual player to determine if they want to work with their opponent beforehand or not. Typically in a Gisela, the players will let at least a small chunk of their units be destroyed in their opponents posts, just so a it doesn't look like 100 guys are 'attempting' to stab at at 50 guys; one of those 50 -is- going to get hit, realistically.

Genesis
06-10-14, 10:22 AM
Got no one telling me to edit my army, is it safe to assume it's an approved army to use? If not, I'd like to edit sooner rather than later.

Tobias Stalt
06-10-14, 10:25 AM
Got no one telling me to edit my army, is it safe to assume it's an approved army to use? If not, I'd like to edit sooner rather than later.

That is an incorrect assumption; we're all waiting for red or green lights, save for the people posted in the approved armies thread. The moderators doing the approvals are prohibitively busy, and Magus is not yet over. Gisela won't be starting until the Magus Cup ends. There's plenty of time.

Genesis
07-05-14, 05:02 PM
Can we gamble who will win a round to try to obtain extra gold, like other tournaments?

Philomel
07-07-14, 06:20 AM
OKay general, general question, coming from all the discussion about the -quote, unquote- "comedic armies.

Will my army of the Bestiis Empire (aka the Narnia army) not be taken into consideration and/or seriously? I meant it entirely as a serious army - Narnia Chronicles are after all pretty serious books, but if I am needing to change it I genuinely will. Basically I will keep with the same structure but do with minotaurs and centaurs and fauns rather than Speaking Animals.

Erikar
07-07-14, 09:49 AM
Have no fears - Your army is being taken as seriously as mine or Cyd's. It just takes a while to review an entire army for abilities and whatnot.

Philomel
07-07-14, 10:17 AM
I totally respect the time needed to be taken. The time is fine.

Genesis
07-15-14, 05:34 AM
So......... can we bet on armies for extra gold or what?

Breaker
07-15-14, 08:46 AM
Is registration still open?

Silence Sei
07-15-14, 12:03 PM
It is still open, have at it Breaker.

Genesis, I can't answer your question because I never handle gambling thanks to my horrible math skills.

Breaker
07-15-14, 01:00 PM
Is it allowed to feature a non-hero as a main NPC? For example, if I have a level 2 PC who I'd like to use as an NPC in Gisela, can they be one of my 500 level 2 soldiers instead of taking a hero slot and becoming level 5 by default?

Silence Sei
07-15-14, 02:52 PM
If they're a PC, they have to be considered a hero.

Breaker
07-16-14, 03:30 PM
Thankee... next question: is the tournament part of the battles' storylines ICly, or do we need to find reasons for our characters to have armies and be fighting each other? Kind of feel like I just answered myself, but I need to know for a pre-Gisela thread I'm planning. From this point on I'll be sure to batch my questions :D

Silence Sei
07-16-14, 05:44 PM
That's completely up to you guys. I personally prefer the tournaments to be known by the characters ICly, as it just makes more sense, but to each his own.

Also Breaker, if you wanna contact me about possibly making some official K sanctions, go right ahead.... >.> <.<

Breaker
07-17-14, 06:45 PM
Thanks again! Couple more quick questions arose as I'm fine tuning my macros...

-do all animals count as units? I see why warhorses, direwolves etc do, but im wondering about work mules, hounds, falcons, pigeons...think that's all.
-can i have ships? Not even ships really, but a few boats... I mean, what are pirate ninjas without boats?

Genesis
09-05-14, 07:55 PM
Any predictions on a start date of this thing?