PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Jalmadar (floor 1)

black shadow
06-08-14, 06:37 PM
OOC:

Closed

Darkness surrounded me, I could not see a thing. It also did not help that my eyesight was blurred. Apparently the night before led me to be hit on the back of the head. Yea, I knew it for sure, the bump of my head was proof.

I took in all the surroundings I could. There was a strong scent of mold in the air, and a slight taste of copper with every breath. I continued to focus my eyesight, that was the most important thing at this time.

As I sat in the hard wooden chair, I thought about what had happened the night before. The terrible memories flooded my mind almost instantly. The last words of my daughter, Espoir, that I heard... I couldn't bare to think about it. My mind wouldn't let me forget.

"Daddy, I'm scared."

I turned my head and closed my eyes, the memory too painful to remember. Those men would pay, I would be sure of it.

The pure blackness below my eyelids turned to a reddish color. My eyes flew open, a slight fear evident within them. The darkness was now pierced by a bright light, now blinding my vision.

A dark figure could be seen walking slowly towards me. He had a spring in his step, almost a cocky walk.

"So you are the famous Black Shadow? The one who has 'evaded capture for years'." The man's deep voice said. "You don't seem too bad."

The fear in my eyes turned to anger, and that anger grew with every passing second.

"Let's see what you are hiding beneath that mask of yours."

The man reached towards my face. As my face was slowly revealed, my anger grew to its peak. I would not be walked over.

I threw my head up, smashing the tip of my skull to the bottom of the man's chin. He stepped back holding onto his chin in pain.

"You will pay for that!" the man's deep voice boomed. "Shala, take care of him."

The man exited the room as another entered. This time it was a woman. She looked to be young, probably only twenty years old, but a look of fire burned within her eyes. She walked over to me with a knife in her hand.

"My master gave me orders, so I'll have to obey them. Sorry to have to do this," she said sarcastically.

She walked behind me, my eyes on the knife at all times. She knelt down behind my chair, flashing her knife at my eyes.

"Here you go," the woman said as she cut the ropes binding my hands. "Take this, you'll need it."

She tossed me my bow, sword, and knifes. Then a horrifying thought came to me... She pulled her sword from her sheath, and at that point, I knew what I had to do. I would have to fight to get out of this.

black shadow
06-08-14, 06:38 PM
I took a deep breath. The woman was obviously skilled with her weapon. She held a short sword in her right hand and a three inch dagger in her left hand. The dagger ran along her wrist and he sword was held out towards me.

Without hesitating, I ripped an arrow from my quiver. As I released the bow string a sharp snapping sound filled the air. A look of horror flooded my eyes. My bow string had snapped.

"Did you honestly think it would be that easy?" The woman asked.

Dang! Sword it is.

I threw my bow on the hard stone floor. The hilt of my sword met my hand in the matter of a few seconds. Placing my right foot behind my left, I entered my defensive stance. My left hand was held straight out, fingers pointed towards my enemy. My right hand, gripping my sword, ran the blade but an inch from my face.

The woman looked a bit surprised. She obviously didn't think I would continue to fight, not without my bow. She was oh so wrong.

She took a step forward, almost tempting me to attack first. I would not give her such a pleasure. She realized this within a few seconds and sent her first attack flying.

Her speed was incredible, almost as fast as me. I sent my blade at an upwards arch, clashing my sword with hers. The sound of the metal clashing sent a chill up my spine, and caused a slight ring to fill my ear for a second. I sent my upwards arch defense around and into a stabbing motion.

My attack would not be very successful though, and was easily blocked by the woman.

This will be harder than I thought

black shadow
07-01-14, 06:29 PM
I stared at Shala, studying her every movement. There was no pattern in her movements, every step seemed to be random. She stared into my eyes, noticing what I was doing.

"What's the matter? You look confused," she said with a sinister grin in her face.

Shala placed her dagger above her head, pointed at me, and he sword at her hip. She took a step forward, trying to make me flinch. Reacting to her movements, I jumped back, smashing my back against the wall. This room was small, and any hope of evading would be shot down.

"Hahaha! That won't work here! You'll have to fight me strait on!" She said laughingly.

She looked at me, placing my sword in my defensive stance. I took a step forward, and noticed her sword swinging at my chest. Ducking under her attack, I grabbed my dagger from my back and sent a stab towards Shala's leg.

A loud scream filled the room as a small pool of blood dripped from her leg. I stood and stepped back, watching Shala clench her leg in agony. She cursed me, anger clear in her voice.

I turned away, killing her would not do me any good. As I stepped towards the door I heard the sound of a sword sliding across the stone floor. I spun as fast as I could, just in time to see Shala's steel dagger flying through the air.

If my reaction would have been a split second slower, I would have surely been slain. I took a step to the side, the dagger missing my face by less than an inch.

I stared at Shala, her leg bleeding and in serious pain. I almost felt sorry for her. Then I remembered that she tried to kill me. I turned away again, this time she would not have any more tricks.

black shadow
07-10-14, 09:31 PM
"Get back here!" Shala shouted from behind me. "I will not let you make a fool out of me!"

I stopped. This woman was like me, she could not stand by while I walked away. She would rather die then let me walk out alive.

I turned again, she wanted to die, so be it. My sword rested by my side. I stared at Shala, her helplessly kneeling there clenching her leg.

I lifted my sword, the light shining on the tip like the sun upon the moon. She looked up at me, our eyes meeting half way. Her life was in my hands, and I wanted to end it there... But I couldn't. Not without a real reason. She was helpless, how could I end someone's life like this?

I instantly remembered when a sharp pain, like a bat smashing into your leg, shot through my shoulder. My sword hit the ground like sounds hit your eardrum, a loud clash following.

My right hand clenched my left shoulder. I guess Shala did have more tricks. My eyes shot back at where she knelt, but she was nowhere to be found.

where are you?

black shadow
08-02-14, 01:13 AM
"Hahaha! I have you now!" I heard Shala scream from behind me. I turned as fast I could, but Shala was no where to be found.

"Not over there," her voice hit my ears from my right.

I closed my eyes, knowing I could never find her by turning like a madman. My senses went into hyperdrive. I could smell a strong scent of dead flesh in the left corner of the room. The aroma caused my smell to snap back to normal.

AgainI thought to myself, reigniting my strong sense of smell.

I took a deep whiff, a new smell filled my nostrils. Then my hearing kicked in. The rustling of rats across the floor was what I heard first, but then a soft tapping. My hands gripped my sword tightly, ready to send an attack any which way.

As I focused my hearing and sense of smell, the location became clear. The clashing of two swords came next.

Quentin Boone
08-08-14, 05:54 PM
black shadow receives:

480 EXP
55 GP

Congratulations!

Alyssa Snow
08-11-14, 12:35 PM
EXP & GP Added!