PDA

View Full Version : A Familiar Question (Heheh. Get it?)

Asmodeus
06-14-14, 12:03 PM
Out of curiosity, what are the rules on familiars? Tenebrous might want to acquire a suitably sinister companion somewhere down the road.

Alyssa Snow
06-14-14, 02:18 PM
From what I understand, familiars can be anything so long as they are not as tough or stronger than your main character or an average Althanian. Any special abilities your familiar has will count as your character's abilities. Familiar skills, on the other hand, will not. These skills could include tracking, night vision (cats, owls, etc), heightened senses, or familiar specific knowledge.

Asmodeus
06-14-14, 10:08 PM
That pretty much clears it up. Many thanks.

Rosie
06-15-14, 03:09 PM
If I learn a spell that would turn my 'pet' Lucius into a stronger animal or even a person would that be considered a Familiar?

Tobias Stalt
06-15-14, 03:29 PM
You'd have to use an ability slot for it. A familiar just travels with you; if it has combat capabilities or special skills, you have to consider it an ability.

Hysteria
06-15-14, 06:35 PM
These skills could include tracking, night vision (cats, owls, etc), heightened senses, or familiar specific knowledge.

Night Vision and heightened senses are both abilities. There is a bit of discretion here though for some abilities and animals, a sparrow wouldn't need to have flying down as an ability for example.

If I learn a spell that would turn my 'pet' Lucius into a stronger animal or even a person would that be considered a Familiar?

Pet and familiar are the same thing. The ability to alter him is one ability, he is another.