PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Shut Down

Lye
06-15-14, 11:56 PM
Hello Althanians,

I just wanted to inform you all that there will be a site wide shutdown later tonight for some regular site maintenance. So please, if you are posting tonight or plan to do some posting later, copy your work to a separate place before submitting. Once the site goes back live, if you notice any issues, please post them in the "Your Word" forum.

Thank you for your patience during this update. Please keep an eye out for another announcement post shut down. As always, if you have questions or concerns, you may contact me via PM or via email at Lye@althanas.com.

Sincerely,

Lye

Althanas Administrator.

Max Dirks
06-16-14, 09:13 AM
The shutdown has been pushed back until the evening of 6/16/2014 because I passed out after Game of Thrones last night.

Sorry!

Krausus
06-16-14, 03:00 PM
I'll assume that this is a 12-18 hour shutdown? None of the weeklong one we had?

Max Dirks
06-16-14, 03:04 PM
Some terrible issue notwithstanding, there will be an hour of downtime at most.

The chatroom will still be available if you use the direct link: www.althanas.com/world/chat

Krausus
06-16-14, 03:08 PM
Ooh! Thank you!

Max Dirks
06-17-14, 02:13 AM
The update was complete, but as expected it caused a few casualties.

Most notably is that AJAX Chat is not functioning properly. This is due to an encoding error that I'm still trying to work out. The other issues are mostly with the styles. Winterthanas needs to be completely reformatted, whereas Althanas needs some header rework. Right now, Lighthanas and Darkthanas appear to be fine. I suggest using those for the best experience at the moment.

You'll also notice a few additional links around, like the "Currency" link. Please disregard those for now. They are small fixes that are getting pushed back.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, I'll crank out the changes as I can and I'll announce when everything is back to normal.

For the record, the cache & edit issues appear to be solved.

Max Dirks
06-17-14, 02:33 AM
Ok, the Chat is live.

I'll work on the template edits tomorrow.

Luned
06-17-14, 08:35 AM
I can likely help with graphics tweaking if needed for the themes, just hit me up.

Lye
06-17-14, 10:07 AM
Please redirect all bug reports to the Bug Report Thread (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26506-Bug-Reports). We will work to get them resolved as soon as possible.