PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

LordLeopold
09-24-06, 08:25 PM
Who here is on Facebook? Are there people who aren't on it but have heard about it? Does anyone have strong opinions about the changes that have been instituted on Facebook recently?

Roscar Palidyne
09-24-06, 10:12 PM
Ok, technically I HAVE a Facebook. But I think I can count on one hand how many times I've looked at it, and I've had it for about 4 months now. It's actually got a lot of cool features, but I've found myself way too lazy to keep up with the stuff. I put a lot of work into my Myspace and I feel that's enough. If anyone wants to add me on Facebook, sanderson_jon@colstate.edu, but like I said I rarely update it.

Leopold, what kinda changes have they made recently?

Futsuriai
09-24-06, 10:31 PM
I guess I do use this every now and then:
andres.franceschi@mail.myuniversity.ca

Where myuniversity, of course, stands for mcgill.

Also, I am terribly against this new STALKERbook, or would be if I used it often, for people who do it is a bit unnerving I've been told but I seriously don't care either way. As I said I don't use it that often though I do check it every now and then to see if there's anything new going on.

LordLeopold
09-24-06, 10:45 PM
Leopold, what kinda changes have they made recently?

They added this feature where all the changes your friends have made to their profiles in the past few hours are listed on your home page (like what groups they've joined, if they're in relationships, pictures added, etc) A lot of people got really pissed about it and said that it was a violation of privacy.

Roscar Palidyne
09-24-06, 10:53 PM
Hmm. Yeah I just checked that out......I can't say I agree with it. I don't mind the idea myself, but I can see a LOT of people I know feeling that's not appropriate at all. Probably because people don't always add "friends" on their facebook/myspace. Personally? The feature's so "convenient" that it's gonna make keeping tabs on friends so easy that you dont even have to try. I thought the trying part was what made the difference in real friends and just people you know, but eh.

So yeah, not fire and brimstone on this new feature but I don't think we needed it. At all.

Ithermoss
09-25-06, 07:39 PM
Well, i made an althanas group there. "Althanas, cuz Alleria is for twats." As far as the privacy thing, it's really never been that big a deal for me. I just X out the things I'd rather not publicized.

Elrundir
09-25-06, 10:46 PM
Heh, I'm not too worried about the whole "invasion of privacy" thing that they did. If you're worried about keeping, say, relationship status private, then what on Earth are you putting it up on your Facebook profile for in the first place? And I personally don't care if people can see the notes I write on my friends' walls. *shrugs* But that's just me.

Falcon Darkflight
09-26-06, 06:58 AM
This looks groovy. I'm going to register.

Ithermoss is right anyway. Alleria is for twats.

Demiana
09-27-06, 01:02 AM
I joined. I'm the sole girl in the group right now. I guess that's about how it's supposed to be: 1:6. Ah well, I'm sure more fems will represent as time goes on.

Cyrus the virus
09-27-06, 04:06 AM
I totally didn't join, you guys. I totally didn't join, and totally didn't make an ass of myself already.

Falcon Darkflight
09-27-06, 06:36 AM
"I look like I have something pleasant in my anus"?

Rigggghhhttttt....

Nymph and Dragon
09-28-06, 12:38 AM
That's a great sword pic that you're using for the group's emblem.

You didn't steal it, did you?

Ithermoss
09-30-06, 11:21 PM
Frankly, I don't remember where I got that picture. I had it in my picture file, and never used it.

Rosuto
10-01-06, 12:29 AM
I use facebook. I'm not telling you what my profile is, though.

<<cakcles evilly>>

Falcon Darkflight
10-01-06, 05:21 PM
Good. Keep that good ol' Matt S. repellent handy.

Futsuriai
10-01-06, 07:08 PM
Bah, I caved.

I feel dissapointed in myself.