PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Renegade Radio Episode 1 - The Usurpercast

Enigmatic Immortal
07-01-14, 10:37 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the first ever Althanas Renegade Radio. The only premiere place to get the Podcast when our resident podcastomancer is out of office and left the door unlocked! In this week's underground news we discuss the missing Gisela, call people cowards, discuss the war and future Althanas events and attempt to answer some questions.

A lot of thanks must go out to Black and Blue Eyes for being so patient in helping me understand and make this work from the ground up. I hope you enjoy it and please use the comments to tell us if you like, hate, or feel absolutely nothing about the idea of the Renegade Radio's return in the future. (A more formal cast will include a Philomel...)

Without further delay, here is Episode 1 - The Usurpercast (https://soundcloud.com/masamunexxx-1/renegade-1-the-usurpercast)

Once more, please tell us how you feel about us being a staying hit. Will you support our claim in the Podcast wars? Is your allegiance to the old, or are you part of the crew of the new? Tell us!

Also, when I get time, I plan to have Andy help me not make this such a pain to listen to and back to our normal settings.

Krausus
07-01-14, 11:00 PM
I think you should be made the automatic choice for host when Sei Meghan or Andy are absent.

For the rebels.

hoytti
07-02-14, 12:24 AM
I like this just as much as the ACR. I'm actually thinking of doing completed threads readings broadcast... Though I'm not entirely sure if I will or not. I might also do some Althanas News as well. I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, what I plan for Sorish is to eventually get him on his throne and maybe develop Corellia as he travels to connect with his people.

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-02-14, 05:18 AM
WELCOME.... to

Raw

Is

JERIPAUL

Flames of Hyperion
07-02-14, 07:51 AM
Awesome! I feel that the more interaction with and between the community (supplementing the forums and the chat), the better. Competition = better quality, and more fun for all. Plus this takes some of the presure from BaBE's shoulders so that we don't have to pester him every week for the latest poddy.

I'm against having the Raiaera Reborn and Dragon War FQs in full swing at the same time, simply due to player burnout. By all means have one simmering on the side (building up to the Dragon War (i.e. Phase 0) while doing Raiaera Reborn seems to be the best route). I also think we need a strong magic-heavy Raiaera to balance technology-heavy Alerar, and the abandonment after the Corpse War makes me sad. Despite the fact that my main is one of those doing the abandoning. Hm.

Just to note that Caden resurrected the Schools of Magic in Beinost, if I recall correctly. As you can tell, I'm firmly against abandoning it and in favouring of reestablishing it.

Regarding the silly vs. serious argument, I might agree with you in principle. But I see one potential flaw in your argument: it's possible for a serious character to play silly, but is it possible for a silly character to play serious? Why should the serious character bow down to the whims of the silly one? Shouldn't we be extending the argument in reverse as well?

Just some thoughts.

Alydia Ettermire
07-02-14, 08:08 AM
Dear Flames, may I answer your "can a silly character play serious" question?

Hi. :-)

Flames of Hyperion
07-02-14, 08:25 AM
Point, although you do go to great lengths to fit Alydia into Althanas, to the point where I've never considered her a 'silly' character. In fact I agree with EI - bar the drunks, none of the Gisela armies (the last I saw of it) are truly silly. Unique, certainly, but not silly. Doesn't stop me from thoroughly preferring Christoph's and Duffy's armies for how much thought they put into them and how well integrated with the world they are, but that's just that - personal preference.

I really meant the question to be rhetorical - of course silly characters can successfully be written seriously, just as serious characters can successfully be written silly. But by no means should you feel obligated to bend over to match the other writer. Compromise - it's a *collaborative* writing site, after all.

Roht Mirage
07-02-14, 11:42 AM
Loved it! More Renegade Radio, please. It's nice to have an alternative to give the regulars a break, especially if we can get another of Quen's Althanas Euro Radios in the future.

On the joke armies...

Full disclosure: I AM THE RABBITS! Wot wot.

It really is all about the collaboration. I would love to bring some lightheartedness out of another writer's serious army, or have them pull out the seriousness in my army. If I'm just writing a pure comedy sketch completely separate from what the other author is doing, I won't go very far anyway. And even if your army is super serious, the 'straight man' in comedy has a lot of power to frame the ridiculousness and use it to their own thematic means.

So, basically, don't complain. Roll with it. Use it. Be inventive. Go all MacGyver. I am your humble paperclip.

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-02-14, 11:54 AM
Oooh, don't encourage me to take breaks. You know what happens when I take breaks. They last for years. :p

Roht Mirage
07-02-14, 11:58 AM
I retract my statement.

BACK TO WORK PODCAST SLAVE! *whip*

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-02-14, 12:33 PM

All credit to Rayse for this one.

Enigmatic Immortal
07-02-14, 12:36 PM
That made me bust out laughing. Not lol. Not rofl. I exploded in laughter.

Though that also applies to you, Andy...

._.

Ell
07-02-14, 01:31 PM
I may have only been here a month, but as far as raiaera has seen a slight increase in activity, namely from myself and Rosie. I believe my newest thread with blueghostofseaside and flensor is there as well, I just can't remember at the moment. Instead of keeping it just for the red forest, let's try to do something with the survivors of the corpse war? In any genocidal war there will be at least a handful of survivors, so maybe we could get something going with that.

Onto the main topic, I absolutely enjoyed the usurpercast! Its fun and kind of a new take on what's already been established. My only suggestion is to keep the movement down, and find a way to fill the silence when there is any. It makes it more entertaining and I think people would rather be listening the straining to hear if their speakers decided to die for no reason :P

Philomel
07-02-14, 01:43 PM
Ahhh Roht...

Now you have told me that my Narnia/Redwall army are just going to hunt you down sexually ... ._. *wink wink*

Roht Mirage
07-03-14, 09:34 AM
I must warn you, dear Phi. In Her Majesty's Hare Forces, rabbit sexually hunts you. =P

I'll give everyone a moment to imagine that.

Philomel
07-03-14, 11:43 AM
I have giant armoured polar bears.

They will nom your bunnies.

Hysteria
07-09-14, 06:05 AM
Just got around to listening to this whole thing :s

Red Six is still activish. One issue was that it is so close to the Crimsion Hand that it dips into the same pool of character. I also got a bit streched out with the ROG (before the amazing Erikar), then storylines diverted (Clan War, etc). I'll try and get it going on a bit more. Draug is a good example of how you pull the power group into your storyline. I need to do more of and make it more central to threads I write in.

In regards to Tankanita-something-bananas.... I tried to stop him. I begged him. I BEGGED HIM!