PDA

View Full Version : War of the ages

fire giant
07-03-14, 10:25 PM
The world around me grew cold, everything I knew had turned against me. I once loved these lands, the lands of Althanas, but now, on this day, my love turned to hate.

The people, a small shadow of what I once knew, once the keepers if the gates, now the destroyers of my people.

I've know for some time now that this day would come, the day when I would be forced to pick sides, and I knew what I had to do. I would have to fight with my people, to die with my brothers, or turn against them and survive.

And it was on this day that I realized who I was, and who I would become.

fire giant
07-03-14, 10:34 PM
The war horns sounded, their echoes a screech of a old dying Phoenix, this day would not end well. For thousands of years the giants and the keepers lived in peace, but that peace was now broken. The last of the elders had fallen in his sleep, the last hope of peace between our people. Now the keepers wished to use their power to end it all, and to destroy the giants.

I placed my hand on my sword, waiting for my brothers to reinforce me. At last they came, when the lines of the enemy could be seen moving across the field. My heart raced, my mind grew worried, and my soul knew fear. I would not survive tonight.

The horns could again me heard, the the sound of a drum beating heavily in a small room. The lines of men grew larger, and the voices heard clearer. They want a war, we will give them one.

fire giant
07-03-14, 10:40 PM
Both armies now stood face to face, weapons ready, angry faces apparent. What was but ten seconds felt like ten hours. My anxiety became the best of me, I would be the foolish one to start it all.

I charged, my sword straight, ready to attack at any moment. The cries of my brothers charging behind me, and of my enemy charging at me was a deafening volume. My ears rang as though they were bells, and I could not know what my superiors were yelling at me. All I knew, was that I would die today. And I would die with honor.

My sword clashed against an opponent, the first strike of this war. It will be a long war.

fire giant
07-03-14, 10:46 PM
My strength was no match for this man. I nocked him over and into his brothers sword with ease. Obviously the front love was a decoy, a distraction from what would happen next. But not even I could see it. All I could think about was what I was doing. Fighting with my brothers.

I threw my sword in an upwards slash, the reach extending far beyond the range of my enemy. One slash alone had the ability to cut off the head of anyone who was in the way, but in a war zone like this? I could kill ten men in one swipe. And that's exactly what I did. My sword was now filled with blood, a familiar sight of war, and this sight made me gag. I hated fighting, hated war, so why was I here?

fire giant
07-03-14, 10:53 PM
I swing my sword back and forth, every swing ending the life of another, every swing making me feel worse and worse. Then I felt something pull me back. I was thrown to the ground, pushed to the back of the lines. My scrambled to see what was happening, then I as it.

There were men moving from around the sides, the keepers were trying to flank us. I tried to yell, but no one could here me. The sounds through out the battle field were too loud.

so this is how I die. Protecting my brothers from being slaughtered. I thought to myself as I stood. I picked up my sword and began charging to the flanking army.

fire giant
07-03-14, 10:56 PM
My sword made no sound as it came down upon the skull of my enemy. The sound of bones shattering made me shiver. My first thought was to try and negotiate, but then I realized how that would turn out. my shield protected my from the volley of sword now being sent my way.

I soon let out a cry of pain though, as I could feel a sword being driven into my leg. I looked down, only to see a sword sticking straight out. Then more pain struck me. I looked to see myself surrounded. I collapsed in pain as the next few second were filled with me being stabbed continuously.

I did not want to die.

fire giant
07-03-14, 11:05 PM
My surrounding went dark, my hearing went dead. I wold die here today. My mind wandered to what had happened throughout my life. The days I would train to fight, the day I would meet with my mother. But then that all went away with today. There would no longer be any giants.

My fire went cold, burning very little now. If I could have, a fear would have fallen from my eye. My life was great, why did this have to happen? I asked my seek that question out loud, wishing it would all be over. The stabbing left me, I no longer felt pain, my vision slowly came back to me. Horror then filled my eyes.

fire giant
07-03-14, 11:08 PM
I saw nothing but my brothers being slaughtered. There were keepers on all sides of the giant's army, and the giants did not stand a chance. Th army slowly fell, but that was not enough for the keepers. They wanted to humiliate us, make us look weak.

They would use our natural enemy... Water. There were giant buckets being hauled in from horses, and a tune that would spurt the water from the end. If the giants didn't from the wounds, surely it would be from the water.

fire giant
07-03-14, 11:12 PM
I watched the scene unfold. Gallons upon gallons of water were dumped upon my brothers. The keepers stood and laughed as they watched their victory.

The death of my people brought great sadness to my heart. I wanted to just die there and then. Leave the word. But in that moment, my wish would not be satisfied. My brothers continued to fall until the lad drop of the water. When it was all over, I lay where I was, pain overtaking my body. The sadness of what had happened was too much to bear.

fire giant
07-03-14, 11:15 PM
My wish to die became a reality. I lay there for ten minutes, or what felt like ten years. My body ached, the pain was too much. I cried out, knowing my enemy would draw near.

When someone reached me, I knew what would happen. The keeper held a bucket, and it sounded like the bucket was filled with water. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine a happy place. Then I felt the...

Tobias Stalt
07-11-14, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant gains 660 Exp and 90 Gold

Congratulations!

Alyssa Snow
07-14-14, 11:19 AM
EXP & GP Added!