PDA

View Full Version : Renegade Radio Questions!

Enigmatic Immortal
07-13-14, 09:39 PM
Got any questions for your pirate crew? Ask them here where we will do our very best to get to them!

This week the ship will be crewed by Philomel and myself, and our special guest will be Roht Mirage. Poddy records early Tues so get those questions in fast!

Remember to don your Paper Pirate Hats with pride! ARR!

Rayse Valentino
07-13-14, 10:35 PM
When we doing the Dorian/Jensen quest???

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-14-14, 10:51 AM
What's the best, most polite, and most tactful way to let someone down and bail out of a quest when they've already posted the opener?

Alyssa Snow
07-14-14, 11:13 AM
What is the most overpowered or BS ability you've ever come across in a thread? How did you handle it?

In your opinion, list the top three overpowered characters in need of a nerf.

In your opinion, list the top three underpowered characters in need of a power boost.

Which do you prefer, questing or battling? Why?

Phi, why are you so mother effing adorable? Tell us what a perfect day for you would be.

hoytti
07-14-14, 12:23 PM
What is your view on his board game idea?

Rayse Valentino
07-14-14, 12:39 PM
Who is your favorite writer and why is it me?

Rayse Valentino
07-14-14, 01:17 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

What is your favorite type of sausage?

Why did I double post instead of editing?

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-14-14, 01:17 PM
A couple rounds of f***-marry-kill, out of the following characters. This would be a IRL you FMK'ing the actual characters.

Who would you screw, who would you marry, and who would you kill?

Ailsa - Jensen Ambrose, Draug, Aurelianus Drak'shal

Paul and Jas - Valentina Snow, Philomel van der Aart, Astarelle what's-her-name

Enigmatic Immortal
07-29-14, 09:02 AM
The super show is going on tonight! We have a huge cast so feel free to drop the good questions and ask the Renegade cast and Community cast whatever you want!

Karuka
07-29-14, 03:06 PM
On the subject of good manners: is it more socially appropriate to beat people with torches or bite their hands off if they don't have their shit together in a timely manner, thus making their screw ups your problem?

Cyrus the virus
07-29-14, 07:14 PM
How do you guys begin writing your posts when you're not inspired? This was possibly asked in earlier episodes, if so:

How do you get into your characters' head to explore their perspectives?

Ioder
07-29-14, 07:54 PM
Is it too late?

Why is that the Mystic Race gets so much hate ooc?

From the perspective of Mr. Ambrose. Who in the all of Althanas is the most underrated worrier?

Enigmatic Immortal
08-25-14, 01:48 AM
Let's get another round of awesome questions in for this weeks pirate crew! Ask away and remember to don your paper pirate hats with pride!

Mordelain
08-25-14, 02:47 AM
My only question is why is there so few IC posts lately? :(

Max Dirks
08-25-14, 07:12 AM
I can answer that, Mordelain. This is traditionally the late summer lull, characterized mostly by vacations or work cramming just prior to the start of the school year. Within a month, activity should be bustling at pre-summer levels, particularly if lazy Dirks judges his threads. I plan on doing some IC work soon. Vickie's novel really inspired me to get my write on.

As for legitimate questions? Any of you guys interested in doing an Althanas fantasy football league?

Karuka
08-25-14, 07:20 AM
We all know that Jensen is afraid of pink bunnies, but are there any unusual phobias your characters have? What about common things they are somehow incapable of doing?

BlackAndBlueEyes
08-26-14, 05:40 AM
What fantasy races would you like to see more of on Althanas?

Mordelain
08-26-14, 05:59 AM
http://www.hotink.com/wacky/05_ani.gif

Oh boy! Can we can we can we?

Silence Sei
08-26-14, 10:32 AM
Cyd, that's a Pink Compact Pussycat. Not Bunny.

You lose the internet.

Mordelain
08-26-14, 10:35 AM
I was referring to fantasy races...

Silence Sei
08-26-14, 10:45 AM
If that's the case then I'd just use a Blue Shell. :P

How do Phi and Jas feel about having lower scores than Doge in the Clan war?

Feed me your tears, Faun!

Roht Mirage
08-26-14, 11:59 AM
Cal, Jess, I love you guys. No hard feelings about the judgement or opinions.

A toast to our future Ixian adventures. =)

Enigmatic Immortal
09-22-14, 10:27 PM
It's time for more Renegade shenanigans! Bring us your worst as we set sail for horizon on another Renegade podcast

Hysteria
09-22-14, 11:33 PM
If there was going to be another featured battle in the same boss format, what sort of boss would you guys like to see?

I'd like an update on the train shenanigans.

EDIT:
Please do an interpretation of what you think the characters Aur, Phi, Sei and Karuka sound like.

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-23-14, 06:55 AM
If you were to write a little slice-of-life thread that shows what your character does on a "day off"--that is, one where they're not fighting inner demons and laughing maniacally, being an adorable fuzzy killer whore, or whatever the hell Astarelle does--what would this thread entail?

grim137
09-23-14, 07:25 AM
Marry Fuck Kill - Sei Orlouge, Max Dirks, Talen.

Karuka
09-23-14, 10:17 AM
Preferred food item for inciting mischief?

Max Dirks
09-23-14, 12:15 PM
Give us some ideas to boost Althanas activity for the fall. I'm looking for suggestions on activity from both current users and ways to get new users to the site!

Enigmatic Immortal
10-06-14, 03:08 PM
Avast! The pirate crew sets sails for a new horizon tomorrow and the long awaited Cards Against Althanas will at last be attempted! Leave your questions here at port and we'll make sure to answer them. This week we hope to make Max Dirks our guest. So fire away and see you at sea!

Arrrr! Don your paper pirate hats with pride!

Max Dirks
10-06-14, 03:12 PM
The guest will indeed be Maxwell Dirkas!!

Karuka
10-06-14, 04:04 PM
All right, Dirks. What does the community at large need to know about the site and what the future holds for it?

grim137
10-06-14, 04:22 PM
If you could change one thing about the underlying mechanics of Althanas, what would it be and how would you change it?

Taviri Ambria
10-06-14, 06:15 PM
What is the most problematic thing you've seen go through RoG?

grim137
10-06-14, 06:35 PM
What is the most problematic thing you've seen go through RoG?

Hard mode: Not counting things involving prehensile penises.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-06-14, 06:43 PM
Due to a request to clean up the show, questions such as the one above, while clever and funny, will not be addressed on the show any longer. Keep em clean-ish folks. :D

-Captain Paul

Rayse Valentino
10-06-14, 08:11 PM
How do I get people to read my threads?

Ashla
10-06-14, 08:19 PM
Any suggestions for beginning pianists, fellow piano/ keyboards out there?

grim137
10-06-14, 11:08 PM
One more serious question from me. What do you think of spoils that confer OOC mechanical bonuses such as extra gp or exp or points on the rubric or even strictly cosmetic things such as custom user titles or brightly colored user names? Should they be allowed or should they strictly be reserved as rewards for special events such as tournaments?

Krausus
10-07-14, 02:23 PM
To Dirks, a self oriented question.

When will I get my title for the oldbie contest that I "won?" Unless you're still having problems with the board or whatever like you were earlier. If that's the case, ignore this.

For all you pirates

Funniest/Best thread you've ever been in?

Taviri Ambria
10-07-14, 05:56 PM
Will Dom Kupo ever ride again?

Enigmatic Immortal
11-04-14, 01:56 AM
Get ready to set sail as the Pirates take to the sea with this week's special guest: Lye! Ask away any questions you have and remember to always wear your paper pirate hats with pride!

Roht Mirage
11-17-14, 09:42 AM
I could copy and paste Paul's message, but I won't. The good ship Renegade sails again! Give us questions! We'll be talking about setting, the importance of it, how to make it perdy, and how to get the big points. You don't want to write in a blank expanse, unless your setting is a blank expanse. Then you're just boring.

I take it back. I will copy and paste.

Get ready to set sail as the Pirates take to the sea with this week's special guest: Lye! Undetermined! Ask away any questions you have and remember to always wear your paper pirate hats with pride!

Yeah. That feels better.

Lye
11-17-14, 09:55 PM
Do you prefer people who take the time in their threads to discuss the entirety of the setting in one go, or those that give bits and pieces to the reader as the story goes on?

Out of all the senses used to describe setting, which is your favorite to use and why? Are there any senses you think writers commonly forget to utilize?

In settings, weather and time of day are commonly sunny with clear skies sometime in the afternoon. Do you find weather and time of day important in your writing?

In fantasy settings such as Althanas, there exists environments unique to the genre. For example, caverns of crystal, flying cities, Hadia, or blighted lands. What suggestions can you give to help writers bring these imaginary worlds to life?

Lastly, what are some of your favorite settings you've written in?

BlackAndBlueEyes
11-18-14, 05:44 PM
What one hero on Althanas would you be terrified of the most if they were to become a villain?

The Muri
11-18-14, 05:49 PM
Any chances of any new Althanas Leagues coming up?

Lye
11-18-14, 05:50 PM
Counter Point!

What villain would you be relived to see become a hero? Would you even trust them after the change of heart?

BlackAndBlueEyes
11-18-14, 06:03 PM
Building off of that, what characters do you think are in dire need of a Face Heel Turn, or a Heel Face Turn?

Brand
11-18-14, 06:09 PM
What character in any book you have ever read would you like to punch in the face?

Philomel
11-25-14, 02:51 PM
PEOPLE:

It is late, but a podcast records tonight. It is special and it is wonderful, and we need your questions. You have just a few hours to post them here. We have some special guests tonight and the best host in the world.

Please give us some questions!!!

Sulla
11-25-14, 03:20 PM
Design your perfect band using Althanas characters as musicians.

Give them a band name.

What would be their style of music, what instrument would they play, and what popular song could you see them covering?

Ashla
11-25-14, 03:20 PM
Why is chocolate so awesome?

grim137
11-25-14, 03:25 PM
What plans do you have that you're most excited to start working on?

Since it's Thanksgiving, how awesome are turduckens?

Lye
11-25-14, 04:01 PM
If you have important NPCs in your story lines, is it more beneficial to keep them as NPC's only or give them their own account?

Take Tantalus and the Troupe for example of the latter.

What are some of your favorite NPCs on Althanas?

Do you believe NPC fodder killed off in threads should be given names? Should they be given a touch of back story? How detailed should they be?

black shadow
11-25-14, 04:28 PM
Which character is your favorite of:

1) Hoytti
2) MatthewKuch
3) FOX
4) Sei
5) Duffy

And why?

Ashla
11-25-14, 04:31 PM
Which character is your favorite of:

1) Hoytti
2) MatthewKuch
3) FOX
4) Sei
5) Duffy

And me?

Roht Mirage
12-08-14, 11:16 AM
After that brief detour into traitorous waters, the good ship Renegade returns. Huzzah! I mean... ARR!!! Captain Paul, and First Mates (in no particular order) Jason and Ailsa will be discussing a topic provided by the one true sassomancer, Michelle. (No, Andy. You can't also be the sassomancer. You get ONE title.)

The topic will be abilities. Specifically, what are the pros and cons of acquiring them in threads versus the spontaneous appearance of abilities in level ups like you just filled your freakin' exp bar and *ding* you learned fire breath. Did you know fire magic before? Did you at least eat something extra spicy? Doesn't matter! Because you leveled uuuuu....

I may have editorialized that a bit. Anyway, give us questions! Only then will we allow your women and children to go free! ARR!!!

Alydia Ettermire
12-08-14, 11:32 AM
I <3 you for recognizing the trueness of my sass.

What would become of your character if they ate something particularly spicy?

On a more serious, on-topic note, what do you think of people putting powers in their level ups that SEEM to come with the reasoning of "because, lol," but are in actuality foreshadowing where that character is going and how they're growing?

grim137
12-08-14, 11:53 AM
How do you like your fight scenes, stylized and choreographed or gritty and realistic? How do you feel about silver bullet abilities, abilities that are extremely good in certain situations but near useless in most others?

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-08-14, 12:00 PM
Unlike my character abilities, which I add for leveling up and not because of IC justification, I earned the right to take Michelle's title because I shut her down with True Sass.

Don't you oppress me, Jas.

Actual question: Why haven't you started calling your show Senpaicast yet?

Ashla
12-08-14, 04:39 PM
What are your guys' hypothesis on where P.A.L.E. may be headed?

What are your character weaknesses?

What are your favorite characters to RP?

Alyssa Snow
12-08-14, 05:13 PM
What are your thoughts about using approved abilities in unorthodox ways not written in your profile? For example, you use magic control that is written to possess your weapons to move by thought to possess yourself and fly? Or, you use your ice abilities said to freeze water to freeze the water in someone's body? Is this powergaming or just being clever with your abilities?

If your character is assumed to be powerful, such as a demigod, angel, or demon, do you treat abilities added to profiles as spontaneous power boosts or as a formally written excuse for your character to use that skill without penalty? For example, angels can fly, but your level one profile, you didn't include that. You include it in level two and write your next thread like you always could fly, but just opted not to previously.

What are your thoughts on abilities that completely negate damage? For example: Mystic Protection, Ashla's Ice Shield, Lye's Phantom Ability

What are your thoughts on abilities that boost GP income or Bazaar discounts? Should characters specifically for crafting focus on abilities like that or abilities that can maximize one unit of material to produce two units of finished product? (Crafting Efficiency)

Do you think abilities that give players resources per every thread completed are a good or bad idea?

What are your thoughts on characters that completely redo their ability tree at higher levels?

Do you think abilities should be given as spoils in excess of the approved max for that character level? For example, a level one with three abilities at max strength for a beginner does a quest and scores in the 85. Then, they request a non-game breaking ability for their spoil. Should they get it prior to level up and be allowed to use it?

For giggles, what are your thoughts on characters that choose to forgo abilities and play characters within a normal capability? Would you like to see more of those or would you rather see them survive/engage in using abilities?

Roht Mirage
01-06-15, 06:57 PM
Two pirates stumble into the bar after a long disappearance. The first mate has a slight cough and frost mysteriously in his hair. The captain seems unsteady and in his eyes can be seen the reflection of rolling dice. It is a haunted expression. A faun-whore of the sea, the other first mate, meets them there, giving her most stern of expressions. She's lookin' hot, as usual, the beleaguered pirates point out. She is unfazed.

That's right, me hearties! After a brief balancing of the humors, we shall resume the voyage of the good ship Renegade. Today, we'll be discussing a not-patent-infringing DEATH BATTLE between Aurelianus Drak'shal and Otto Bastum. Research is involved. So much grog-soaked research. Piles and piles of stained notes.

Also, we'll run predictions for the next Althies! If the American news channels can talk 2016 election for two freakin' years(!), then we can get a jump on the Althies. =P

We'll be recording tomorrow morning. Leave your questions. Or maybe just general info about what the two recently-returned pirates have been missing. How long has it been?

Where did we park the ship?!

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-06-15, 07:11 PM
Query--where the hell is Fauncast 3: Rise of the Faunchines?