PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Renegade Radio Episode 2 - It's an "Irish" thing

Enigmatic Immortal
07-15-14, 12:24 PM
Hello everyone to another week of Podcast fun (failure?) where Patrick, Paul, Ailsa, and Jason stumble drunkenly through foggy memories of the dreaded "older" rubric, discuss the wars, and really tell each other how we feel about each other's characters.

This week runs a bit long, Althanaians, but stay the course. We're just cleaning up what segments we think you'd enjoy.

Althanas Renegade Radio Episode 2 - It's an "Irish" Thing (https://soundcloud.com/masamunexxx-1/renegade-2-its-an-irish-thing)

As always, please, please tell us what you think. Comment's, questions, concerns, complaints.

Remember to don you Pirate Paper Hats with Pride!

Roht Mirage
07-15-14, 12:31 PM
Technical difficulties. Don't click the link until further notice.

EDIT: After a hard fight, technical difficulties have been solved. Only one casualty. Everyone send their best wishes and deepest sympathies to the family of Steve from tech support. T_T

Dissinger
07-15-14, 12:54 PM
Poor Steve, never stood a chance.

Enigmatic Immortal
07-15-14, 01:10 PM
Did you know Steve had kids?

Damn man...I'll miss him.

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-15-14, 02:08 PM
"The meme that Rayse did..."

Can you edit that to say Andy? Rayse just gave me the idea :P

Silence Sei
07-15-14, 02:54 PM
Did you know it was also Steve's last day on the job until retirement? Poor Guy.

Alyssa Snow
07-15-14, 03:34 PM
The Swiss style tournaments does sound a lot better. I think I've phased out of two tournaments due to life issues. I also find it somewhat irritating that the timing between posts is a major factor in who wins or loses a fight. Considering life events (like a tough day at work) coming in the way and extinguishing your ability to post something tolerable should not count against your writing. Just my thoughts.

As for the Eiskalt war, it was difficult to lead a Clan war into battle where the leader phases entirely out of the event at any which point. Sure there is some orchestration that can be done in the background, but a good chunk of events I wanted to be in was lost.

As for staff workload, as anyone on staff can admit, this type of volunteer work is tiring. Judgements (especially during events and tournaments) are draining. Approving new profiles and profile updates is taxing. Granted, these systems work and are in place for a reason, unless dedicated full-time attention is given to all the needed areas, staff advancement moves rather slow. We all know that when staff members go in to "overdrive" it's great for the site, but terrible for that particular staff member. Judging 20+ threads a month means you give up all that time otherwise spent doing another activity. Free of charge mind you. It's not that we don't have enough staff, it is because all staff have jobs, school, etc getting in the way.

For those reading this, I strongly encourage the use of basic judgements, workshops, and no judgements to push your stories forward. They require less work by staff and increase the turn around time.

Plus, it is my opinion, that all tournaments and official competitions should not have commentary. My reason for this being a tournament is typically a place to test your existing skills. It is not sparring, it is not practice, it is a competition. Granted, you should still grow from it, but commentary should be excluded and anything learned should be from your own deduction.

Hysteria
07-16-14, 06:39 AM
why can't i find the download link like I did last time?!

Second, whats that song at the start?

Enigmatic Immortal
07-17-14, 03:54 PM
I don't know how to help you on the first question. :( I'll look into it and if I can't figure it out I'll email you the file.

The song was called Factory of Rainbows, which you can fine on YouTube.