PDA

View Full Version : Valì Rising

Ceidon
07-28-14, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone. Last week's official podcast had me nodding my head when Babe said we didn't have enough villians on Althanas. However, I didn't particularly agree that those villians needed to be soulness Aurelanius Drak'shal types who strive for nothing besides chaos. To that end, I think I'm going to strive to make my alternative character, Ceidon, a villian in a series of quests.

This was originally the plan when I wrote him, but I'll admit I had so much fun with the Indiana Jones type agent with the Order of the Golden Dawn, that I got a bit sidetracked from my main idea. However, the podcast has once again inspired me. Please read Ceidon's profile (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?10084-Ceidon-Lorè), specifically the blurb on the Valorian Knights. Ceidon is a descendant of a long line of knights who protected Valì, a small nation east of Berevar (currently mapped in Kebiras) and presumed destroyed. Valì was destroyed when Ceidon's ancestor, Thaninon, betrayed them to the Berevarians. Prior to his death, the king cursed the Lore family. Since then, each Lore father has had a son, then been violently killed. Toman, Ceidon's father, was killed when the technology plant he worked at in Alerar exploded.

The general idea is to start the series as a typical Order quest: travel to Valì to uncover some ancient secret. Along the way, Ceidon will learn the truth about his heritage. He will struggle with the Curse of Lore, deciding ultimately not to give birth to a son to end the curse with him. However, at the end of the first quest, he'll learn that the female partner (whom he hooked up with) is pregnant. The series will follow his progression into madness as he decides whether to accept moralty or to fight the curse. Eventually, he'll be poised with a question to kill his son to extend his own life, which he'll ultimately decide to do. He'll fail, obviously, so thus we'll have the birth of a villian: someone who tries to kill his own heir, while stopping at nothing to secure his own mortality until then. So instead of a typical hates everything villian, you'll have a more sith type villian, who his obsessed with immortality.

Anyway, I need some people to make this happen. Zook doesn't really write anymore, so I'll need two people to start this out. First, I'll need the best friend. Someone Ceidon has historically had lots of adventures with (we can use liquid time), who eventually succeeds in stopping him from killing his own son. The other role I need is of the mother. We'll develop the love interest in the first quest and go from there. Obviously, this'll have a to be a female character. The "friend" character can be either sex or asexual, it's irrelevant. Others can join in as cameos to help advance the plot. The reason I'm all for cameos is because it'll set up future battles/quests where Ceidon is the bonafide villian. I'll be like a villian for hire. If you need an established antagonist, I'll jump in whether I can to help out.

Anyway, post here if you're interested. I'll probably do some weeding out. I'll need more active people initially to prevent me from becoming inactive. Haha, cameos can goto anyone who might be interested in using Ceidon as a villian later on. Let me know!

Breaker
08-02-14, 04:45 PM
I actually had a very similar plan with my Morkotar account... he's this innocent young elf whose family was going to die in the Corone War and then he'd become a supervillain blah blah blah... but that never really happened. Anyway, if you're interested and you can unlock that account for me, I think we could have some fun with it. Morky would be more the sidekick type, and if we can work in his family's perishment somehow, so much the better.

Beautiful_Song
08-02-14, 05:13 PM
This character I have been saving, but this would suit nicely as a mother role.

Mordelain
08-02-14, 05:37 PM
NOW you have my attention...

Ceidon
08-04-14, 08:40 AM
In x3, I will PM you all details.