PDA

View Full Version : Look ma! I'm on TV!

streak101
09-26-06, 09:58 PM
Tommorrow at 11 AM to 11:30 AM the entire state of Florida in the US will be reading a passage from the prequel to Peter Pan which is Peter and the Starcatchers, to break a world record. The current number of students who hold it was in England(I forget where there) with 155,678 students, we're gonna have 620,000 students in florida to read for a new world record.

There is still room for error though as some schools wont take it seriously, and some might not even participate. There is also the factor that every class should have no more than 20 students.

There will be news stations covering the story and I wonder whwther I'll be on TV...

Now my question is: Do you think we can do it? I think maybe, alot of schools here seem too er..."Busy" to try it.

Elrundir
09-26-06, 10:45 PM
Meh, I wouldn't be surprised if your schools go for it. You'd be surprised at how far people will go for a little news coverage and especially a place in the Guiness Book of Records.

AsukaStrikes
09-26-06, 11:23 PM
It's just like taking a test - If you take it seriously, you will definitely make it. :D

Descient
09-27-06, 08:35 AM
I find records like these are a bit pointless, but i guess some people have strange ideas.

Although i do find it unlikely that the number will end up being correct, childern mess about too much and i find it hard to believe that they will all do it.

grim137
09-27-06, 03:48 PM
I'm a student in Florida and I never even heard about this. Therefore I doubt this will go through, as it has been stated students, espescially teenagers screw around too much. But then again you never know.

streak101
09-27-06, 08:12 PM
my bad its on thursday :P

and if you go to high school grim then it doesn't count for you. Only for the junior high students. And it's true we screw around too much but hey. It was also my reading teacher from last year's idea shes a bit screwy but shes fun. :P

Nymph and Dragon
09-28-06, 12:30 AM
That sounds fun.
I'm in college, but one of my class president's platform ideas was to beat the Guiness World Record for number of people yodelling at once.
Hey, a title's a title . . .

AsukaStrikes
09-28-06, 11:47 AM
No doubt.

I'd prefer a singly-held title more, but that's kind of very hard to get.

Good luck, kids. And keep yer friends in line.

streak101
09-28-06, 04:39 PM
OMG!!! We did it! We beat the record!

Yet, I feel the same...as if it were shit! I cant believe it took the governor and his pals 30 minutes to speak about reading! Blech! Now I feel as there was no need to do any of it....

well, time for my next record breaking phenomenon: Longest conversation without taking in a breath!

LordLeopold
09-30-06, 06:40 PM
That's odd, I thought reading before the age of 25 was illegal in Florida.

streak101
09-30-06, 11:46 PM
well the changed that due to the fact our test scores were so low...heh go figure.

AsukaStrikes
10-01-06, 02:21 AM
Congrats, kiddo. Now you should focus on something that's totally irrelevent to real-life skills. ;)