PDA

View Full Version : Question

Alydia Ettermire
08-01-14, 03:05 PM
If I want a secret base for purely plot reasons, can I establish how I got it in the first post of a thread, or do I need to earn it first?

I'm asking because earning it would be boring, since it's making use of her abilities to take something no one will miss and put it somewhere it's unlikely to be found, and it'll be obsolete after a couple of threads, anyway.

Mordelain
08-01-14, 03:18 PM
Why do you need to 'earn' a plot device? It's no different to picking up a rock.

Provided it doesn't give you a benefit against other PCs I can't see any problem with a shack in the woods.

Alydia Ettermire
08-01-14, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Morde.

Hysteria
08-02-14, 09:31 AM
Yeah agree. The only places people need to really earn would be a shop or clan base. Even then, the shop only in a few circumstances.

Quentin Boone
08-02-14, 10:48 AM
Well, you can even have a clan base without needing to 'earn' it... You just don't get the OOC benefits of an official one.

Karuka
08-02-14, 11:00 AM
Just making sure it was fine to just have it. Two or three sentences was sufficient to get it, I just didn't want to be told "erm, you can't do that" when I finally posted the thing. "Aly went into Fiorair bog to find one of the forgotten ruins. She grabbed it, securing it into her extra-dimensional pocket. Then she walked and walk and walked and walked and walked until she found a place she liked to put it. Then she set it down." It would have been a pain to make a solo out of that, instead of putting it into the first part of the first post and calling it good.