PDA

View Full Version : To the Admins - in need of a favour

Miasma
08-07-14, 12:40 PM
I am an admin at an affiliate of yours - Chronicles of Thedas - but I also mod at Distant Fantasies. We are holding an invitational there (non RPing), for all RPers, and I would be super super super grateful if you could help us out? Basically, we want to reach out to as many RPers as we can, and you don't have to register at the site - it's guest friendly posting in the Invitational part. ^^

If there is anything you can do, even if it is putting up a temporary banner (in the footer maybe?) or something for a few weeks, I'd be super grateful and in your debt!

Contact me on clairebfield@gmail.com if you are up for it. If not then no worries, I know you are busy!

Thanks in advance!

Claire

Luned
08-07-14, 06:05 PM
Hello, Claire! How's life? : )

We used to be affiliates with Distant Fantasies, but now I see that our banner was taken down on that site. Do you know why that would have happened? Generally I'd be totally game for helping out, but I'm kind of curious why our affiliation was removed.

That being said, I'm in charge of placing banners and would be up for plugging you guys if Althanas gets a static affiliate spot back on DF.

Miasma
08-07-14, 07:32 PM
Hi Win!!!

The reason for Althanas' removal is here: http://board.distant-fantasies.net/topic/1641-awol-affiliates-is-your-button-missing/#entry4726

As for statics, we do not have any openings atm, however, you can add/re-add yourselves to the Directory. :D

This Invitational is not about DF really, we are just hosting it. It is similar to the Althanas Tournament you guys have hosted before, where folks from loads of games come together to compete. Except this is entirely OOC and about bringing together RPers and celebrating RPing.

I can email you the deets, but regarding the affiliation I suggest contacting Morrigan or Heather. ;)

Hysteria
08-07-14, 07:43 PM
Luned, are you able to investigate this more?

I'm sure we'd be happy to link to this event, but as a rule of thumb we'd like a two way promo. That said, Luned I'm happy to support whatever you think.

Luned
08-07-14, 07:49 PM
Hmm, weird. As you can see, we still have the DF button on our forum index. I never received any notice about the change.

If it's not a two-way affiliation, I'll leave it up to the admins to decide about the banner plug (I'm no longer an admin, had to step down for time commitment reasons). We'll see what they think!