PDA

View Full Version : A Call to all Artifact Hunters. (1-3 players.)

Eli
08-10-14, 03:57 PM
Eli has put out his severely outdated feelers to look for 1-3 adventuring companions to help him secure an artifact he knows the location of. He even promises his companions, or their organization, the artifact itself at the end of a three day period during which Eli will require use of the artifact.

Maybe you are a treasure hunter of an organization old and sedentary enough that Eli's request for parley went to the right adress, maybe your organization is well informed enough that it keeps tabs on Eli to try to get his (non-existant) Voodoo Pirate Treasure, or maybe you just ran into the git at a bar on a particularly boring day and took pity.

All of that sounds lovely I'm sure but without knowledge of what the artifact is it's all so much hot air. The artifact is less an artifact and more a site. A place where the magic of the Tap seeps into the world. A place of power. Eli has found a Wellspring and he's going to give it to you. All you have to do is get him to it.

Now the story isn't really that simple but Eli plays things real close to the chest and in the interest of not spoiling everything right off the bat I've kept some information hidden. I'll tell you the rest of the plot via private conversation and then you can decide if you're still interested.

Haruka
08-10-14, 06:25 PM
It would be fun to finally RP with you, E! (this is Ashla, btw.) Haruka is new to the outside world and it would be fun to set the timid girl on a treasure hunt. Plus, if you need any medics or doctors she's perfect for the job!

Eli
08-10-14, 10:14 PM
Awesome! A healer can always find a group. I sent you a PM with promised plot. Keep it on the lolo though.

Any other takers?

Good for Nothing Captain
08-11-14, 12:57 AM
Hiiiiiiiiiiii, Victor's a Jack of all trades, ready to take any job that puts food in his belly! I'm totally down for more writing! It'd be a pleasure to be included! Please and thank you! (he's pretty strong I guess...)

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-11-14, 07:24 AM
Consider me intrigued.

Rosie
08-11-14, 10:22 AM
If your in need of telepathic link, Rosie is here to help you all.

Eli
08-11-14, 09:39 PM
Awesome! I didn't think I'd get this much response. You've all got mail. If Rose and Aure are both on the team we should all avoid mental links like the plague. Course that may help us prepare for the inevitable and traditional tiefling treachery. At the cost of poor Rosie's sanity... It'll be fine.

Victor, Eli has a special love in his heart for meatsheil... uh... traveling companions what he can hide behind should things get dicey. Always room for a tank.

Eli
08-14-14, 04:53 PM
Alright. We've got a good team here. Rose's got our communications locked down, Victor can carry our stuff and whup serious butt in the physical realm, Aure can take care of magical threats and betray us all, and Eli has the plan. How do we want to get this started? I was thinking I post first then Aure, Vic, and Rose. Figured we'd all meet in a tavern inn bar thing in nondescript land (Probably Corone cause I'm lazy like that.) Eli does his traditional soliloquy about who he's got coming along and I end my post with Aure coming in and terrifying the waitress or whatever and Eli trying to remember some good Infernal. Aure reacts to Eli and does his bit. First meeting between Aure and Eli could be hilariawesome and/or marginally disastrous. Vic then arrives, or has been watching, sees Aure and Eli doing whatever Aure wrote and adds his bit. Maybe breaks up the inevitable petty insults fight. Next we have Rose come in, read everyone's mind, and have a good hard think about weather or not she wants to be involved with a semi mythic immortal sociopath and Aure. Rinse and repeat order, discuss here or in private messages and onward to treasure. And Aure's sudden yet inevitable betrayal. That seem reasonable?

Haruka
08-14-14, 06:14 PM
What about me??

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-14-14, 08:14 PM
Sounds good to me. Though I'd hasten to point out, if Rosie manages to get into my mind, it's only because I let her (see Iron Will in my profile), and I pity her all the more for it. ;)

Rosie
08-14-14, 08:58 PM
Understood, avoid the mind of madness.

Eli
08-14-14, 11:23 PM
Oh wow. I totes forgot Haruka. I guess you go before Rosie. I imagine that the hobo and the demon might be a bit intimidating for a healer as sheltered as Haruka. (Bad Aure. I don't care if she can just heal herself. That's just gross.) I think at least at the beginning the mind reader should come in last so we all get to see our characters from other perspectives right off the bat. And I was mostly pointing out that reading Eli's mind is gonna be an experience. Sure, Aure is a crazy evil planeswalker who would only let you see in his mind exactly what he would do to you in an abandoned slaughterhouse over the course of days, but Eli... Well, imagine vertigo but with time.

Eli
08-15-14, 01:39 AM
Alright, the madness begins: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?27927-Wishing-Well&p=234716#post234716

The name makes me laugh. Anyhow, Aure, if you see anything that needs editing just say so. The Greeting at the end probably should not come out exactly as Eli intended as his Infernal is only marginally better than his orcish (He insinuated Otto had elvish lymph fluid.) It should be recognizable as baatorian Infernal albeit deeply archaic and the inflection is equivalent to something you'd hear on the upper east side of Manhattan or from the queens mouth. Brass city old money. The posh bastard.

Feel free to bunny Eli like it's your job guys. I'll whine if I don't like something but he's pretty easy to write.

Good for Nothing Captain
08-15-14, 03:00 AM
So it sounds like a plan has been made, Allons-y!

Ashla
08-15-14, 07:36 AM
Keep in mind that Haruka is also a demon like person. xD

Thanks for replying! :)

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-15-14, 01:17 PM
I shall do my best to have a reply up tonight, or tomorrow. ;)

Good for Nothing Captain
08-17-14, 01:35 AM
I guess i await Aure then, and if violence ensues, I'll intervene with more violence and maybe get us thrown out of the bar? or cause an all out brawl that Haruka can stop?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-17-14, 08:10 AM
Apologies for delays. It will be done today, folks.

Rosie
08-17-14, 11:39 AM
Do I post after Haru

Ashla
08-17-14, 03:06 PM
You can post before me if you like, Rosie, probably won't be posting much until tomorrow? Cause right now I'm too exhausted to make any good IC posts xD

Good for Nothing Captain
08-17-14, 04:08 PM
Oh! Forgot to mention, you can totally bunny Victor, just ask me ahead what you want him to do/say/think/drink and I'll confirm how he'd handle it. Please and thank you!!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-17-14, 07:21 PM
Alright, so a bit of a rush job before bed, but my reply's up.

Hopefully everyone has enough to work with (or at least, whoever's up next).

Good for Nothing Captain
08-17-14, 08:05 PM
are we in Akashima? Feudal Japan town?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-17-14, 08:09 PM
Well, it was just left as Corone in the opening post. So I took a few liberties and went with Serenti. Still in Corone, so not Akashiman. If I have that wrong, or I took too much of a liberty, then I can go back and re-write my post.

Good for Nothing Captain
08-17-14, 08:51 PM
I just thought that since he wrote Akashiman, it was him saying he meant Akashima but his character was all "what'eves, it's all the same."

Good for Nothing Captain
08-17-14, 09:07 PM
So, I'm gonna describe the place as Akashima, until someone tells me otherwise, and then i can change it... Done with my post, lemme know if anything needs to be changed for anyone

Haruka
08-17-14, 09:14 PM
Where's the post, Victor?

And nice job, Aur.

Good for Nothing Captain
08-17-14, 09:34 PM
sorry, posted!

Eli
08-17-14, 11:41 PM
Aure you magnificent demon you. I figured Aure would be annoyed with the high falutin' infernal but this fury is just... delicious.

Yeah either is reasonable. Eli tends to get more turned around than he likes to admit. I was playing with the idea that the Akashiman people have their own names for places regardless of what the natives call them. Little Imperialism joke. Suppose we could vote but I'm all aboard the whatever train. We'll be heading off into the wild green yonder soon anyhow. Seems Aure's post would be easiest to edit into Akashima.

Victor... I did't notice that Eli was the doctor. Balls. I'm stupid. But he's really less like the Doctor and more like the hypothetical Butcher. I wonder who Victor thinks is more dangerous. Certainly Aure in the most immediate sense I'd think. But anyway, Victor did a very important thing. He fed Eli. Eli likes food. Next thing you know Vicky will have a dumb nickname and some linty hard candy. (Spoiler alert: Eli is secretly old.)

Good for Nothing Captain
08-18-14, 12:36 AM
For the sake of anything anyone anytime holds dear, please give him a nickname other than Vicky. I hate Vickys, and Victorias. So PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE, anything but Vicky. Also, I'm going to edit my post to get rid of the doctor innuendo. Cause if he isn't, then it falls on def ears and is pointless. Gonna start making changes, anything in particular you'd like to see, or not see?

Haruka
08-18-14, 02:15 AM
I really liked your post, Victor. I loved the dango scene xD

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-18-14, 02:23 AM
So, am I editing my post to Akashima then?

That'll require me rewriting the intro paragraph, but I can do that when I get home later today.

Good for Nothing Captain
08-18-14, 03:24 AM
thanks Haruka, i look foreward to reading yours!! and word Aure, lemme know if you need me to change anything or whateves.

Rosie
08-18-14, 08:42 PM
Ok, so is Haru-chan or I supposed to post next?

Haruka
08-18-14, 08:48 PM
You can post if you like, Rosie. Up to you.

Rosie
08-18-14, 11:08 PM
I am working a double tomorrow, so it would be the next day before I have it up.

Eli
08-19-14, 12:09 AM
Rosie! I wanted to talk to you about your post. Should Eli be aware of Rosie's ability to read minds? If so then what he broadcasts will be different. If you go that route, or are interested, PM me beforehand. I figure both options are reasonable. Either Eli reached out to Rosie for her scholarship or for that and her psychic powers. Either way, I look forward to your take on the insides of Eli and Vic's heads.

Good for Nothing Captain
08-19-14, 01:17 AM
So much fun!! Let me know if you need input from me too! Victor's head is filled with fun. and boring old man stuff, and war, and fun, and stuff... Such fun!

Rosie
08-19-14, 05:18 PM
Ok guys,(Aure included) lets just say that she is respectful about her receiving broadcasts as it is mostly passive but as far as literal telepathic communication goes that will all be talked about in the thread before it would happen. Aure, you I will just not touch... opening Pandora's box would be easier.

Good for Nothing Captain
08-19-14, 10:25 PM
hahha; nice. Alright! Good luck with the post!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-20-14, 05:36 AM
... I see your point. :P

You'd be welcome to try, but A) you wouldn't get much, and B) it'd key Aur in to your abilities right off the bat.

Rosie
08-20-14, 12:29 PM
Im a little rusty but here is the post, I just introduced her into the thread. Also Eli, just assume you knew about her troubles in Raiaera and you exploited this to get her to come.

Eli
08-22-14, 10:08 AM
Cool. Haruka? Where you at?

Ashla
08-22-14, 09:04 PM
Sorry, I'll get to the post tomorrow.

Haruka
08-27-14, 11:29 AM
Posted. Sorry for the long wait :P

Eli
08-27-14, 04:31 PM
Huh. Well that doesn't leave me much room to move on. What do you guys think? Should Rose and Haruka have a post to converse or should Eli call them over and we get on with the story. Either is fine by me but I lean towards the moving along apace plan.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-27-14, 05:33 PM
By all means, carry on.

Rosie
08-27-14, 06:22 PM
Please bunny me if you would like. Rosie wouldn't mind it if she could sit next to the Teifling.

Eli
08-27-14, 09:08 PM
You guys. Making me do stuff in the thread I started. Geeze.

It'll be up Saturday afternoon.

Good for Nothing Captain
09-04-14, 11:40 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooo, comments?

Eli
09-06-14, 05:48 PM
It's up. See? I didn't lie. I just neglected to mention which Saturday it'd be up.
I guess Aure is up next unless I need to fix something or we want to change the order. Basically this is supposed to be an old school, run and gun, super fun dungeon crawl which culminates in plot. At no point does it have to make sense and we can be done at any point that we're all done shamelessly collecting spoils and exp. I mean... Uh... When we feel the story would best be served? Yeah. That's believable. Feel free to throw in social challenges too. If ya'll would rather negotiate with Kobolds I can edit my post a bit but I'm pretty sure we'd all have to turn in our junior adventuring badges. Not cause they're kobodls mind you, but because we didn't slaughter them wholesale.

Good for Nothing Captain
09-07-14, 10:20 PM
I guess we can just kick ass and take names;I think splitting up would work best for the purposes of the limiting bunnying and to make it easier to keep our pace. I feel like it would be too slow if we stayed together cause we'd have to keep staying on one scene to let everyone's characters react. So yeah; i think the next step should be to disperse. I'm good with splitting up with Rosie seeing as im already carrying her. Eli; are staring at a platoon of kobalds with crossbows? just to clarify.

All we need is some direction of the area we're in and some goal we're moving towards; the vaguer the better so we can sorta do our own thing with getting to it.

Anyone else? Thoughts?

Eli
09-11-14, 09:19 PM
We are indeed staring at a platoon of well disciplined and effective crossbow armed soldiers who happen to be Kobolds. Splitting the party would totally give Eli a heart attack. But it would be mad funny to split up Vickyandtheladies/AureXEli Scooby-Doo style.

We're headed deeper into the mountains. It involves tunnels. The final area will be a semi-high altitude plateau surrounded by impassible mountains. The kobolds dug in by accident. That's why we can get there. Only one way in and we all get there at the same time.

There will be a massive dead tree which never moves even in the wind but hums constantly. Also, an extremely old unadorned stone altar. And other stuff. Whatever we want stuff. Scary ancient stuff.

Along the way, anything goes.

Sound good? What do other people think about the party splitting?

Good for Nothing Captain
09-12-14, 02:26 AM
I like where your head's at!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-12-14, 05:51 AM
On my lonesome, or with the party, I'm going to kill some things.

Good for Nothing Captain
09-13-14, 02:08 AM
So agreed! Does anyone vote to leave with Aure?! Haruka?!

Eli
09-13-14, 10:19 AM
Oh the killing things is a given. That's happening. Aure will presumably decide what happens next and we'll all go along with it. It shall be hype.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-13-14, 12:42 PM
I apologise for delays. Busy weekend. I'll have a reply up my Monday at the latest, if everything goes according to plan.

Eli
09-13-14, 01:41 PM
Dude. You're in a thread with me. At no point will your delays even come close to my lazy ass. No worries man. This is all in fun.

Rosie
09-13-14, 01:45 PM
So, Victor i guess its just you and I. One quick thing, Rosie might seem strong willed but she is heavily influenced by the emotions of others so if you portray yourself as worried or any other type of way you can hint to her feel the same.

Good for Nothing Captain
09-14-14, 12:49 PM
Rosie!! I will keep that in mind! But mostly Victor will be annoyed and angry! So no worries!

Eli
09-24-14, 08:15 PM
Oi oi! Que pasa? Aure, did you die? I suppose if we want we could have Victor post next as he seems to want to split the party anyhow. What do we all think?

Good for Nothing Captain
09-24-14, 08:16 PM
I'm down, but I don't want to split the party, it just seems like a good idea, if anyone objects, just lemme know

Ashla
09-24-14, 08:20 PM
Hey guys, sorry about the sudden leave.

Also sorry to say I kinda lost motivation to write for this thread anymore. So sorry, you can just bunny that Haruka left but I'm done. Sorry for dropping out like this...

Rosie
09-24-14, 08:38 PM
*Pushes up her glasses and smirks*

Ready, Victor I hope im of use to you.

Good for Nothing Captain
09-24-14, 08:55 PM
Now that's the attitude! I'll start writing post haste!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-25-14, 10:20 AM
Aye, appy polly loggies folks, feel free to post before me Victor. Real life is a pain in the arse.

Good for Nothing Captain
09-25-14, 03:05 PM
posting!

Eli
09-25-14, 08:07 PM
Ha! I think Eli payed attention to what Victor was saying for almost a whole sentence in that. Aure? You up for nexties or should I take it?

Good for Nothing Captain
09-25-14, 08:56 PM
Well I'm glad that sentence got through then; lemme know if you need me to change something.

Rosie
09-25-14, 09:32 PM
Rotation makes it my turn!

Eli
09-26-14, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah! It totally does. Have at it then.

Rosie
09-27-14, 09:48 AM
Gotcha, Victor is it just us? Or is Eli and Aure still with us?

Good for Nothing Captain
09-27-14, 09:24 PM
they totes got left behind! sorry, been busy, didn't see your question

Good for Nothing Captain
09-28-14, 12:01 AM
Victor's not the butcher! lol; Eli is a butcher by trade, i was referring to him in my post

Good for Nothing Captain
09-28-14, 12:04 AM
other than that; AWESOME! I loved it; you hit the nail on the head with Victor's personality!!

Rosie
09-28-14, 12:24 AM
By trade yes, but by show you are the butcher of this group so far.

Eli
09-28-14, 05:42 PM
Oh Rosie. Dear, sweet, naive Rosie. Vic is only a demon. If anyone is butchering the group it'll probably be Aure. How did we sucker Rosie into this again? Oh right the vast rewards.

Anyway, both of those posts were great. Vic really got into the spirit I put forth in my posts and Rosie deconstructed it. I love it when collaborative fiction works out like that.

Who's up next?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-28-14, 06:42 PM
I'm doing my utmost to have one up tomorrow after my training course. Chances are it will involve kobold slaughter, and a quiet word with our benevolent and beloved leader.

Good for Nothing Captain
09-28-14, 07:21 PM
yay violence!!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-06-14, 02:40 PM
Post's up folks.

Apologies for the huge delays. Hopefully my post makes up for it.

Eli
10-07-14, 08:04 PM
It does. More than. Dayum. Now I gotta do stuff.

I accidentally posted the incomplete version in the thread I edited down to O. Hey Aure, is it cool if I bunny Aure a little? I just want him to follow Eli and listen to what Eli has to say. Plan 9 is reveal a little of plan 0. Just enough to maybe tip the scales in Eli's head maybe. He's paranoid. Anyway, if you like we can PM a bit and get some reactions down and joint write some joint dialog.

Anyway, I was figuring we'd all do another 4-5 posts each and the final battle time, which should be a post from all of us and then I do the first aftermath post and Y'all react. Seem reasonable? We can do less or more as you see fit.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-08-14, 03:38 AM
I'm good with that. PM me what you need from Aure, and I'll happily oblige. Chances are, he'd listen to what Eli has to say anyway. And chain-smoke.

Good for Nothing Captain
10-08-14, 07:57 PM
i'm down, also, in case anyone was wondering; i added the sweet smell to imply that whatever magicy thingy there is calling to each character in it's own way cause it's mad old and (one assumes) powerful. If that's not a thing, and the wishing well isn't calling out to people I can just put a hermit in my posts who was baking. Kay lemme know!

Good for Nothing Captain
10-13-14, 10:18 PM
So what, I'm next then? Is there a particular direction you want me to go in? In terms of story or actual direction?

Eli
10-14-14, 03:30 PM
Ok, so, go deeper into the place, you could find near anything you like in here. Although not the calling thing. If anything, what we're after should be trying to push you away. If Eli had told you what you were looking for, then the fact that it doesn't seem to be would be raising all kinds of alarm bells. But Eli didn't tell you that. So you know, foreshadowing. Other than that, carte blanche.

Eli
10-17-14, 02:53 PM
Oh yeah, and you're totally next.

Good for Nothing Captain
10-20-14, 04:41 PM
poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosted! Rosie, If I need to change anything or add anything feel free to pm me or post here! I felt like I left you places to react but if you want to add more of your reactions or if any were out of character I will change them instantly!

Eli
10-20-14, 04:48 PM
Man oh man. Ya'll keep showing me up in my own thread. I like the Madam character. I think Eli might know that guy.

Good for Nothing Captain
10-20-14, 05:13 PM
hahhahaha, please! Please know him! I plan on hosting the conclusion posts there! but it'll be completely different, i was thinking victorian tea room with lots of pinks, yellows, light blues and greens with Madam in bunny ears and a suit.

Rosie
10-20-14, 05:25 PM
Geez guys. Im so posed to fallow that? Well let me try.

Good for Nothing Captain
10-20-14, 06:32 PM
good luck! Lemme know if you need anything for/from Victor!

Eli
10-21-14, 04:43 PM
You'll do awesome Rosie. I look forward to your post.

Good for Nothing Captain
10-22-14, 12:05 AM
We all are! Have at it!

Rosie
10-23-14, 02:43 PM
Ok I tried to help the story a bit. Have at it boys.

Good for Nothing Captain
10-23-14, 02:49 PM
Well done!! Next-up! Aure?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
11-03-14, 06:19 PM
Sorry for delays, folks. I'm still waiting to hear back from Eli.

I asked if he'd like to go before me, so we can get a little more development on the story that we can work with.

Eli
11-03-14, 09:18 PM
Right. Okay. Yes. I can go before Aure and then Aure goes and we resume as normal. I'm just swamped with exams and things. It's a mess. Should be up on Friday.

Good for Nothing Captain
11-03-14, 10:22 PM
No worries!! Studies come first!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
11-04-14, 09:51 AM
What the good Cap'n said.

Good for Nothing Captain
01-22-15, 02:23 PM
Let's finish this and get some exp!! Who's down!?