PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Contest Idea

Ashla
08-25-14, 03:50 PM
(This is just a long shot idea, but still... It might just be worth sharing!)

Have you ever been impatient about reaching the top dog level of twenty-one? Do you have plans on what your character will be like? Well, here's your chance to write it out!

This contest will allow people to write "vignettes" of your character at level twenty-one basically kicking butt! Everyone can write a "trailer" of their characters at their up-most powers, one vignette each of any character the writer wants under the same thread. Example, Lye's thread would be titled "*Insert contest name here*: Lye's Submissions" where he could write a trailer that he wants for say, Alyssa, Lye, and The Hollow. Each vignette would be written separately under the respectful accounts, but under that single thread. This would be so that the main writer's accounts won't get mixed up.

After the time frame of which everyone could write these is done, the four admins look all of the trailers from each writer over and decide which from each they like best. After this, each trailer can be put up for voting by the rest of the site on which trailer, from any of these writers, is the best. The top three with the highest votes win! What do they win? I would say either gold or some special spoil.

As for rules, here's some that could be set out.

- Follow all the regular in-character rules.
- Even though your characters are being written out as the high level twenty-ones, they still aren't gods! Please make sure your character isn't too invincible to make your trailer vignette unbelievable. Keep the ROG's standards in mind even while writing this and coming up with your character's almighty powers.
- Only use other characters written by other writers with permission, and don't use those characters just to beat them up. (For example, Tobias could use Lye as a character he's trying to extract revenge on, but while he could spend the vignette beating up Crimson Hand NPCs, he can't fight Lye as well. So basically don't use other characters in combat.)
- These trailers will be reviewed like any other vignette after the time for writing these is up.

So. what do you guys think? Should we certainly do this? Or is this the most awful idea thought up for Althanas in history?

BlackAndBlueEyes
08-25-14, 06:53 PM
I like the idea of the spoils being an automatic advance to Level 20 :P

Karuka
08-25-14, 06:55 PM
I can see it being fun for those who just want to play out their characters at the most uberpowerful they see them getting... but for some of us, I see it not happening. Not because we don't think they'll be awesome at that level, just because spoilers. There are plot points we have yet to hit.

The Muri
08-25-14, 07:36 PM
Karu, You don't have to use spoilers or anything. If this were to happen, I would make one for Kaida - who's future I do NOT want to reveal story wise. I'm not going to use spoilers outside her abilities themselves and have her going on a random IK mission.

BABE, unlikely, sorry...

Quentin Boone
08-25-14, 07:46 PM
While this is a good idea, stating that ROG standards must be maintained is pretty much a non-rule. If you wanted to ensure that the abilities included in the vignette are ROG-friendly, you'd basically have to submit a speculative profile for approval.

Apart from that, I do pretty much love the idea.

Ashla
08-30-14, 02:36 PM
I see, Quentin, good point.

Btw, folks, I added a pole!

whateverweather
09-02-14, 06:55 PM
This seems like a good idea, but like Quentin said, there would have to be a sort of pre-entry to make sure that nobody makes themselves a god. It would also, in my opinion, make new members, such as myself, want to return. After all, when you see the potential your character has, you would want to reach the full potential of that character. However, I do see problems as well, in the long-run. When people start to get this idea of an "uberpowerful" character, they might attempt to advance their characters too fast. I'm not quite sure if the leveling system on Althanas can keep this from happening, and I hope it does, but it seems like something to take into consideration. Either way, you've earned my vote.

Ashla
09-24-14, 05:20 PM
We've got four yes's, zero no's, and three "I don't knows"!

Asmodeus
09-25-14, 01:01 PM
PLEASE MAKE THIS AN ACTUAL THING.

Cough. Hack. Sorry. Got a little too excited. But yeah. This would be brilliant.

Ashla
09-25-14, 01:07 PM
Asmodeus, I LOVE YOUR ENTHUSIASM.

Asmodeus
09-25-14, 02:11 PM
I had an image of Tenebrous looking pensive on some sort of sinister brimstone throne. That was all it took to get me going.

But the cocktail of sleep deprivation, Redbull, and twelve miniature cupcakes might have contributed to my excitement just a little.

Ashla
09-25-14, 02:25 PM
Cupcakes?? Yummy! I also get hyper when I'm behind sleep xD

Hysteria
09-25-14, 06:03 PM
This could function as a special vignette. I don't think we need to approve level 20 characters, it would be very difficult to jump up that quickly, and would be a huge amount of work for the rper and mod to work on.

Ashla
09-25-14, 07:26 PM
Whatever you say, Hyst! Thank you so much for reviewing! :)

Karuka
09-25-14, 07:29 PM
I think it would be a really good topic for a vignette.