PDA

View Full Version : Episode 27 - Dartgun

Enigmatic Immortal
09-30-14, 09:40 PM
So, before I begin I have to be honest. Althanas After Dark is being postponed a week! This is because we had to prepare for a few things and others had last minute plans. But it will come next week! (Andy willing....)

But THIS WEEK we have an awesome episode filled with zero questions! How did we survive? Well, we actually offer tips for writing! Listen in on Harley explain the upcoming Boss Battle, and the state of Althanas!

IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT SWEARING HAS BEEN WARDING PEOPLE FROM THE SHOW: Please be advised there is very little swearing (we counted two off the tops of our heads) and there is ZERO F-Bombs. Please enjoy and thank you for the feedback! :D

Without any more delay Episode 27 - Dartgun (https://soundcloud.com/masamunexxx-1/acr-27-dartgun-1)

grim137
09-30-14, 10:43 PM
Today I learned the desert and dessert are spelled differently. Also you people put way more effort into your threads than me. No wonder I could only get 70's at my peak (one drunken judgement not withstanding). Also Open Office/Microsoft Word ect do not guarantee that your post will be mechanically well written. I still have to go back and give my posts a few layers of edits before they resemble something that wasn't written by an ADHD riddled preschooler. Luckily I think I still have a few weeks before I can't blame it on being rusty any more.

Roht Mirage
09-30-14, 11:01 PM
An editing suggestion: Every time you do a new post, read over your previous one or two. Try to put yourself in the shoes of someone else reading it. It will get you into a mindset to continue with the same tone, and you'll catch a lot of issues that you don't notice on same-day proof reading.

Ashla
09-30-14, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Roht.

Something I suggest to anyone is writing your post two times. Once on paper, a word document, or even the "notes" app on your mobile (I write there a lot.)

Second time, write it on the actual thread. Remember how you wrote it the first time but write it as differently or similarly as you feel needed. The post may be completely different than the first time writing it, but it most likely will be the better of the two.

Mordelain
10-01-14, 03:29 AM
It's not the swearing that wards me off, it's that hideous accent :rolleyes:

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-01-14, 04:36 AM
Gonna' be honest here, but I thought all the swearing on the show left with me...

Karuka
10-01-14, 06:49 AM
In agreement with many of the comments here: no, a word processor is not magic and won't solve all your problems. Human eyes still need to proofread. But for some of the more flagrant violators of the language, anything that helps even a little bit can make the writing easier to read... And word processors don't do much for my problem when people mix up their homophones.

Philomel
10-01-14, 01:44 PM
*pokes* Since ... since After Dark is being postponed, can I get on...
*CUTE FACE*