PDA

View Full Version : The Deadliest Warrior: Crimson Hands Edition (Recruitment)

Lye
10-22-14, 09:44 PM
Attention all members within The Order of The Crimson Hands,

It has come to my attention that recent events has caused dissent among our ranks. This restlessness has caused betrayal, unnecessary bloodshed, and misconceptions. It is time for all of you to put this aside and learn why your masters lead you. We, the leaders of this order, will go toe to toe in the inner sanctuary of this Seventh Sanctum. This will not be your conventional tournament some of you have experienced in Radasanth. We do not have the Ai'Brone to fabricate some false reality. There will be blood, there will be dismemberment, and I can assure you, we will walk on the taught threads of death. Corvanik, our own exiled Ai'Brone, will ensure that your leaders will remain on this side of the veil, but nothing more than that. Between each match, only the gravest of wounds will be healed through magic. All others will be subject to traditional suture and linen.

However, should those that participate value unscathed flesh, the option to purchase an Alchemical potion will be available. These will be made available for a measly 25 Gold directly after a match. To the participants, I urge you to strongly consider this convenience. While it may provide you an upper hand against your next foe, it will speak volumes to those that report to you.

I encourage all members to participate in this show of strength and cunning. Those without the spine to join will be made to watch by penalty of torture overseen by your very own Aurelius Drak'shal. May I remind you that those who have had this luxury in the past had wished for death, committed suicide shortly after, or wander aimlessly in madness.

Rest assured that once the bloodshed halts, dissent and dissatisfaction will cease. You will be reminded why these people hold dominion over you and what they are capable should you refuse our command. As an added incentive, we have recovered a relic to be given to the man or woman who proves their strength over the rest.

And yes, I too, The Serpent of Salvar, will step down from my ivory throne to join in the bloodshed.

You have but one week to muster the courage to participate.

May the deadliest prove their skill,

Lichensith Ulroke
Master of The Crimson Hands

Details:

This will be a one on one tournament. Each participant will have the opportunity to battle one another. Meaning, if you and 9 opponents sign up, you will be fighting a match with all nine.

Unless, someone forfeits and drops out.

Unlike most other tournaments on Althanas, this is weighted to include In-Character (IC) victories. Out of Character (OOC) victories will still count equally as much as an IC win.

Rules:

Only members of The Order of The Crimson Hand may participate. (New initiates are able to participate if they apply to be a member within the 7-day sign-up)
Matches will last a maximum of 3 weeks. Uncompleted matches will be determined by post activity and opening post comparison.
All matches will be judged as condensed rubric except for a semi-finals and final matches, which will be Full Rubric.
IC victories will count as one point.
OOC victories will also count as one point.
When a match concludes either by incapacitation or forfeit, the injuries sustained at match end will ONLY be healed if life threatening. (Severed Arteries, Dismemberment, Disembowelment, Decapitation, Terminal Poison, Internal Bleeding, etc)
All other injures will be subject to traditional medical remedies such as suture, salves, splints, and bandages. (Lacerations, Burns, Concussions, Loss of Vision, Broken Bones, etc)
Should one desire a full heal, they may purchase one by forfeiting 25 GP of their battle spoils and indicating "Full Heal" in OOC tags somewhere in the thread. (These funds will go to the CH Vault.)
If a player is lacking in wins and no longer wishes to continue, they may opt to forfeight.
These events will be canon to your PG career.

Scoring:

Each player will face off against each of the opponents registered. A total of two (2) points may be won at the end of each round (one point for IC victory and one point for OOC victory). These points will accumulate and determine the strongest. If a single player makes a clean sweep (two points per match) they will automatically win without the need of a semi final or final match. However, if all participants have completed their matches and the two highest players are withing a point difference of 3 or less, a semi final or final match will be enforced.

Keep in mind that if a player forfeits and drops out, this not only changes the maximum obtainable points, but expedites the conclusion of the tournament.

For example, if 10 players register, a maximum of 18 points is obtainable, and each player will have 9 matches. Should a player drop out that you have not faced yet, your maximum obtainable points will only be 16 and may bar you from a victory against an opponent with more points.

Obviously, as matches go on, you may find yourself in a position where no matter how hard you try, you will be incapable of earning the points to catch up. It is at that point you may want to consider dropping out. However, keep in mind that your decisions affect canon relationships within the PG. The priority of which is yours to decide.

Swag:

The first, second, and third place will earn canon status within The Order of The Crimson Hands in addition to:

1st - An enchanted pair of leather gloves that are capable of catching ANY hand sized object or smaller that has been thrown or fired without fear of penetration, impact, and in some cases burns (fireballs). They do not increase perception or enhance speed/reflexes. (ie. No auto-catching bullets unless you have a good idea where its going to be.)

AND

Bonus 250 EXP or 5% EXP Needed to Level (whichever is higher).

2nd - Bonus 500 EXP or 10% EXP Needed to Level (whichever is higher).

3rd - Bonus 200 GP

Lye
10-22-14, 09:44 PM
Sign-Up Closes on October 30, 2014 11:59 MST. Matches begin November 1, 2014.

Please Register Below.

Current Roster:

Lye Ulroke - Master Crimson Hand
Ciato Orlouge - Master of the Blade
Philomenl Serkena van der Aart - Hand of the Word
Erikar Aodhfionn - Left Crimson Hand
Aurelianus Drak'shal - Master of the Word
Smight Sekkekkyū FlameShadow - Hand of the Shadow
Vanessa Wraith - Hand of the Word
Madison Freebird - Master of the Mind
Yakob de Void - Hand of the Forge

Ciato Orlouge
10-22-14, 10:01 PM
Master of the Blade, Ciato Orlouge, Registered.

Philomel
10-23-14, 05:00 AM
I am ready to die, if this be the challenge ...
Hand of the Word, Philomel Serkena van der Aart, at your service.

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-23-14, 06:17 AM
Madison Freebird, Master of the Mind, reporting to mess you all up.

Better stock up on Full Heals, kids.

Erikar
10-23-14, 07:28 AM
Erikar, Left Hand of The Order of the Crimson Hand, registered.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-23-14, 07:34 AM
Aurelianus Drak'shal, Master of The Word, registering

Sekkekkyū
10-23-14, 07:36 AM
I suck at tournaments, but I guess I can enter. The "canon" part worries me though...

Smight, Hand of Shadow, only level one, coming in. I guess... Registered?

Deception and Discord
10-23-14, 10:16 AM
Vanessa, Hand of Word. Registered.

Lye
10-23-14, 01:44 PM
Everyone has been added so far with a total of 8 participating members. The Right Crimson Hand, Max Dirks, will not be participating as he has been sent to tend to more urgent matters.

Sekke, thanks for entering. The canon part only reflects your character actions to the other members. Being a new initiate and signing up to face the Masters already speaks volumes about your bravery (or stupidity, ICly of course). And should you go toe to toe with them and hold your own, the other members (NPC and Players alike) will come to respect your ability. Considering we still need a Master of the Shadow, this may speak volumes about your eligibility.

Long story short, don't worry about it. You'll be fine. I know how you write and you'll put up a good fight win or lose.

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-23-14, 07:31 PM
I think I'm going to have to rescind my registration. I'm having trouble caring about writing again, and I don't want to screw someone over by dropping within the first couple rounds of the tournament anyway.

If you need an IC explanation for Madison sitting this out for any reason, let me know.

Lye
10-23-14, 09:30 PM
That should be acceptable. You do have poisons, plagues, and potions to tend to.

Lye
10-27-14, 01:31 PM
Let me spice this up a bit. If Lye does not come in first, second, or third, the player who gets first place will be eligible to usurp Lye from the throne and assume command over The Crimson Hands.

That being said, registration closes in three days. Do we have any more takers?

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-27-14, 02:46 PM
Quack, quack, boom
Bringin' nothing' but doom

I will re-register.

Amber Eyes
10-28-14, 07:45 AM
Could a character (not this one obviously) use this as an initiation to the ranks?

Lye
10-28-14, 08:54 AM
Certainly. Make sure the application is submitted to the recruitment thread. Once accepted there, register here.

Philomel
10-28-14, 09:10 AM
So ... In this case, could I have two characters in it? As in RP as two different ones? Because my small Voidling elf (new character) is likely Crimson Hand material.

Lye
10-28-14, 09:23 AM
If you'd like him to participate, I don't see why not?

Philomel
10-28-14, 12:56 PM
He will die first but :D YEYYYY he is immortal so joys!

Lye
10-30-14, 11:47 AM
Registration is now closed. Match ups will be declared tonight to allow players to pre-plan and discuss.

Philomel
11-04-14, 12:12 PM
I would like to, please, buy one of those pretty potions.