PDA

View Full Version : (NOT Workshop/ Recruitment) Monster Slaying!

The Muri
10-24-14, 08:30 PM
Hey guys,

I have an idea for a short solo thread series where everyone's soon-to-be favorite IK blonde takes her "Monster Slayer" status to its definition and goes around Althanas fighting and (for the most part) killing monsters. I plan on it being a five to six thread long series, each with different creatures to slaughter. It's only going to be a short set of threads, about 10-15 posts long. Mainly meant to get me EXP fast! In saying this, I do need help on one thing:

What should Kaida fight? Now, here are the threads and what type of creatures I'm thinking of...

- Corone: Close to the Ixian Castle, something from around the area.
- The Red Forest Outskirts: I've landed on the Dur'Taigen for this one.
- Fallien: What kind of monsters can be found in Fallien? Anything could do.
- Some other place: some other creature.
- Salvar: Here's the boss level! Something that will drive Kaida to her limits, but she ultimately kills it.

Any monsters you met before would be nice. I want to fight creatures already made up here to keep with the Althanian lore. I may make up a creature for thread four though...

Thank you! :)
~ BlueGhostofSeaside

Karuka
10-24-14, 08:42 PM
In Fallien there are karuku-tal. Though that's far from the only danger you'll experience in the desert...

The Muri
10-24-14, 09:07 PM
Neat! Alongside the giant scorpion they seem pretty cool! Thanks, Karu :)

Taviri Ambria
10-24-14, 09:30 PM
Corone has established that there are giant spiders. The Cult used them in the assault on Castle Ixia.

Hysteria
10-24-14, 09:53 PM
Akashima you get to fight yōkai... just say'n.

The Red you could fight anything, but I'd suggest something that has been mutated by the magic. Giant beetles, wasps, wolves, bears, etc.

Lye
10-26-14, 06:03 PM
*cracks knuckles*

Well, might I suggest this lovely Wik (http://www.althanas.com/world/showwiki.php?title=Bestiary)i put together by our Fox Owen Xavier. Aside from that, I have some beasties in mind you can fell.

Corone: (Specifically Underwood outside IK Castle) Gorian Fel. Basically ground qwelling dire bear/mole hybrids that are exceptionally keen mentally. They induce massive migraines, hallucinations, and paranoia via telepathy. The confuse, disorient, and incapacitate prey before literally sucking them into pitfalls and chowing down. They are incredibly intelligent, strong, fast, and their hide is one of the rarest materials to acquire.

Red Forest: Dur'Taigen, Soul Blossoms, Sentient Poison Vines, etc. It also houses some of Xem'Zund's blight which reside some of the worse undead baddies you find. We're talking lich lords, undead Gorian Fel, Dur'Taigen, etc. Let's not also forget wraiths, undead were-critters, and flesh golems.

Fallien: Harpies are your biggest threat close to the city. They are responsible for a lot of disappearances and general headache. You also have the giant scorpions, sand sharks (think large gators that swim in the sand and hunt in packs), sand worms (usually responsible for quicksand pits), dire vultures, and room for thousands of undiscovered baddies in all the buried, sunken, and scorched ruins from a time before when Fallien was an isle of lush green and color.

Raiera, Alerar, Salvar: In the greener areas, you would most likely run across monsters saturated with magic. Those would be mana worms, flayers, flying manta rays with cities on its back, will o wisps, angry spirits/ghosts, plus all the blighted lands where the dead still walk. In the mountains, you run into the yeti, dark dwarves, dire goats, drake nests, roc nests, phoenix nests, cave beasts (bears but worse) etc. Salvar, you are most likely exposed to the elements. However, I understand there are breeds of massive lizards there, draves (werewolves but worse), yeti, frost giants, bandits and thugs of all types, and dark crawlers (void beasts). Out of all of those, I would say the dark crawlers would be your biggest problem. Especially if you managed to locate a queen within their heavily protected nests (usually in thick forests that light cannot penetrate).

You also have Dheathain full of jungle beasts, pygmies, shape shifting Fae, Half-dragons, and all manner of swamp things. Maybe even good 'ol Nessie.

The Tular Plains are south of Raiaera and previous home to the surfaced demons. Devils, ghouls, demons, arch-demons, hell hounds, etc can occasionally found skipping about.

You could also hop on a boat and hunt down krakens, sirens, sea serpents, dire narwhals, dire sharks, squidzilla, and any manner of creepy fish the size of several boats.

Plus, we have a whole continent across the great sea with nothing but rumors about its contents. All sorts of unseen things to tackle there. Even new tribes, races, etc.

The Muri
10-26-14, 06:20 PM
I already read the wiki several times, I've been contemplating several listed there. (Giant Scorpion from Fallien)

These other monsters look neat too! Yeti/ Bigfoot like creatures rock!