PDA

View Full Version : Buy buy buy

Izvilvin
10-03-06, 07:48 AM
((Forgive me, for I don't know prices and might request something I totally can't afford. I also don't know which glass (besides Cillu) is used to make the weapons.))

Izvilvin stumbled across the Merchant's Walkway purely by chance, while he explored the region of Fallien on a day off from duty. He'd decided to buy something once he'd perused the wares.

What he wanted was a pair of kukris, ones that were slightly longer than was typical. He wasn't sure which glass to use for their construction, not quite understanding which was the most beneficial, but Izvilvin knew that he wanted to use Valaiyalman to tint the blades a lavender color.

He presented this request in his native language, as he revealed his coinpurse and the platinum coins within.

nekoprince
10-04-06, 06:01 PM
The Fallien merchant struggled for a moment, trying to understand the man's speech. He had heard it before, but was more than a little rusty at it. A friend from the stall next to him shouted to him, saying what the drow was asking.

He took out a small piece of paper, writing down the price of the two blades the outsider was asking for.

"6500"

((This is for two Kukris in cillu, average worksmanship, and let the wagering begin!))

Izvilvin
10-05-06, 06:58 AM
Izvilvin looked at the paper skeptically. He couldn't imagine how his order had been appraised at such a high price. Figuring the proprieter had given him the price for something of a higher quality than he imagined, Izvilvin reiterated, saying Cillu was too high quality, and he'd be satisfied with something lower.

As long as they were at least somewhat transluscent, tinted lavender, and strong enough to fight with, Izvilvin would have been satisfied. Without a sudden jump in his pouch, however, Cillu kukris was out of the question.

nekoprince
10-06-06, 06:17 PM
"Hey come over here!" the merchant nearby. He was next to the merchant the drow was with, spekaing in the drow's tongue, albeit badly and with a horrible accent. "I give you those two things for 2600!"

((Awful stuff now))

Izvilvin
10-06-06, 06:34 PM
((Ew, awful. As long as they look pretty))

"Aye," says Izvilvin in perfect common (a wizard had cast a spell of translation on him a moment earlier) "sounds good!"

nekoprince
10-07-06, 09:10 AM
((They look as pretty as a jackalope on a hot summer plains eatin' a shishkabob!))

"Deal!" the merchant said allowed, also in perfect common thanks to the crazy wizard running around. He gave it about twenty seconds until the man was taken down by someone. The emrcahtn extended his ahnd, expecting the gold while holding the two weapons the dark skinned elf wanted.

((Just post once more and it's all yours.))

Izvilvin
10-07-06, 09:15 AM
Izvilvin takes the weapons, pays the man and leaves the bazaar all hyped up and stuff!

((I hope "Awful" quality doesn't make my weapons total shit. I did pay a lot for them >.<))

Cyrus the virus
10-07-06, 09:18 AM
Gold deducted, you shouldn't feel the need to give any EXP :p