PDA

View Full Version : Auction House Discussion

Hysteria
11-22-14, 06:57 PM
Howdy all,

I've had some good feedback about the auction house so far, but I'd like to ask for some more. The way it is looking like it will work is that we'll have one item a week, with three days bidding time unless it gets extended through bidding. Once a month we'll have a special item that will be valued 2-4 times the amount of the other items.

I'd like to know what sort of items you'd like to see, as well as general comments.

The poll is for types of items you'd like to see. If you could vote personally (rather than what you think others would want) that would help.

A quick explanation of the categories:

Weapons: Generally enchanted weapons like swords, knives, axes, etc. Enchantments generally will be elemental damage, or some nifty trick to make it more effective. The downside of course is that if you have a good weapon, you'd be unlikely to buy another.

Magic Items: Like the mirror and the sunglasses, these are items that are useful, but might not give direct benefits like weapons do. The glasses are as effective in combat as these sorts of items get.

Resources: Pure resources, mostly for our crafting and trading characters. They help build up our traders who normally have to slug it out to get this sort of thing.

Quest Reward items/GP Bonuses: These are a bit like the old notice boards we've had. When someone buys these they might get a big reward or increase to GP from a thread they do linked to this (single use however). For example, a map that shows a dragon nest might net much cheaper dragon related resources upon completion of the thread. Obviously these would require the RPer who bought them to use them wisely.

Single Use Items: Fairly self explanatory. Things like healing potions, flash crystals, spell scrolls that have a single use.

Ashla
11-22-14, 06:59 PM
Weapons and raw materials, magic items may be counted as abilities. Meanwhile, we don't see enough raw materials flying around.

So far I like it! I haven't been participating much due to lack of GP, but I really like how these auctions work. Keep up the good work! :)

Hysteria
11-22-14, 07:02 PM
Thats a good point about the magic items. I make sure when I write the descriptions I make them fall clearly into the item range rather than becoming an ability.

Silence Sei
11-23-14, 04:00 AM
Honestly Hys, if you're doing one item a week, I would suggest each week do a different type, with the first or last week being 2 items. Or just randomly pop in the 2nd type so it keeps people watching the AH.

Example:

Weapon and Single use Week 1

Items Week 2

Resources Week 3

GP/Exp Bonus Week 4.