PDA

View Full Version : Gathering of Newcomers

Salem
11-30-14, 06:16 PM
Gathering of Newcomers

I'm looking for either or both a battle of wits or a short quest to get my feet wet.

For the sparring session I am aiming for lower level characters from levels 1-3. My character is a warlock with of course magical abilities with a bit of brawling experience in hand to hand as well. I will link my character to my signature so everyone interested to take a look at him. (If the story doesn't happen I still only wish to have up to three fights open at one time.)

If anyone is interested in a short story. I'm looking to do quest mostly for character development; so I'm completely open to any and all that wish to join. Truth being told I've always done combative based role plays or just joined someone else's story. I have never ran/started my own before. So any tips there would be awesome.

So anyway; my idea is a quest to find my families grimoire collection. Their will be all sorts of crazies to be taken out along the way; along with odd plot twists as well.

Thanks to all in advance.

Ioder
11-30-14, 07:16 PM
Im free to do a thread if you want. Im not picky on topics or goals, just a fun friend to write with. Drop me a PM if your interested.

Hu
11-30-14, 07:23 PM
I am an investigator by nature and resourceful, but not a fighter.

I can, however, help you solicit your manuscripts.

If you'll have me?

Salem
11-30-14, 07:52 PM
Awesome; both of you are more then welcome to join. I'll Pm both of you after this to work out some ideas and then post them here to be gone over and such.

Green Gwendolyn
11-30-14, 09:20 PM
I'd love to RP with you! And welcome to Awesomenas (aka Althanas xD)

Salem
11-30-14, 09:32 PM
Ioder it says you can't receive pm's as of right now;so will try again later on.

Ioder
11-30-14, 09:50 PM
Ok I have emptied my inbox now.

Should be good

Green Gwendolyn
11-30-14, 09:53 PM
Btw, I would prefer a casual thread (quest), but a battle is okay too.

Salem
11-30-14, 10:00 PM
Hey Green, and thank you for the welcome.

Also, yea I love to have join. So far this what will take place in the beginning.

Salem has been on the search for the last three months hunting for his family's collection of grimoires. I will meet up will Ioder at a traders post in Alerar were I am getting my butt whooped XD. ( I'm not a fan of play that champion role its over done.)Lucky I have a awesome to help out this what is this fairly weak warlock. I am not sure where Hu will join up I will let that be worked in pms and maybe it will interesting.

Do you have a idea of what type of rule you would like your character to play and how you would like to join the story. Normally, I know people would just happen to meet each other other in random bar or some random field of battle and bam you have a role play. But I'm hoping for something a little more progressive and interesting.

Salem
11-30-14, 10:16 PM
On this quest you are brewing I will most likely be taking on the form of a 21 year old gent with my Half Elf assistant. We have been working on the road covertly for The Tarot Hierarchy and this may perhaps fall some where on the 'Road' for me. May perhaps this be a 'recruitment' if I interest you with my posts.
Just trying now put all the ideas out there now everyone can see what is being thought of on each end.

As per my character's history my family is hugh on selling their information in blood mixing for children still in their mothers womb and creating hybrid beings. So to tie you in; Salem has made a deal to give you the information of how this illegal craft is done once he has found his family's grimoires. And for this deal you come along as hired protection.

Ioder
11-30-14, 10:18 PM
Lets just get a few posts up and we can explain our situations within our opening posts.

Salem
11-30-14, 10:20 PM
Sounds good. I'll go a head and get working on my mine. It will be ready in a bit. I'll post here with a link once I have finished.

Green Gwendolyn
11-30-14, 10:21 PM
Did you see my last post?

Ioder
11-30-14, 10:23 PM
Gwen, lets let this be after I have my new leather jacket from you. just so we have already met and at least we know each other's faces.

Salem
11-30-14, 11:06 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28338-Secrets-Are-Deadly-and-Some-Should-Never-Be-Found&p=239345#post239345

Green Gwendolyn
12-01-14, 05:33 AM
Alrigthy, Ioder

Salem, despite what my character sheet says, Gwen is an extremely hyper person in casual situations, however she is calm and collected in most competitive situations. Her backstory is found in her character sheet listed under my profile picture and basic info.

Gwen is a loyal member of the Trading Company, a group dedicated to trade, crafting, art, and equal rights and appreciation for laborers. Alerar is a dangorious place for a high elf, so she could be there only on a very important mission for her group. Somehow her mission winds up in your story...?

Ioder
12-01-14, 02:14 PM
So i posted bbut i think im not going to bring Alfe into this thread so just expect Ioder

Ashla
12-02-14, 06:15 AM
(This is Gwen's alt)

I'm going to make my first post after the opening fight ends. Gwen, being in danger in the country of the dark elves, was hiding in the shadows observing the entire fight. Is that okat? And please reply this time? It's like you guys can't see my posts here...

Ioder
12-02-14, 11:47 AM
Ghosty, that should be fine. All im doing is attempting to keep the peace though, this isn't a fight or it wont be after my next post.

Salem
12-02-14, 01:31 PM
Yeah, there will not be a fight. I had ment to end my last post a bit different but I was starting to loose my train of thought on how was I going to wrap it up.

And yes, that is fine to jump in that way. I don't see any issue with it.

Mordelain
12-02-14, 01:34 PM
If I cannot post in the next 24 hours, like Gwen, I'll join you with your first lead into finding the grimoire's shortly after the fight.

Ioder
12-02-14, 02:29 PM
Alright so that puts me next then. Ill get this sorted without blood shed.

Ioder
12-04-14, 03:06 PM
Ok so, where am I to go with this?

Ashla
12-04-14, 03:12 PM
I'm searching for places to throw Gwen in, any suggestions?

Ioder
12-04-14, 03:17 PM
Im not even sure whats happening atm.

But I figure you could see Ioder and approach him seeking a friendly face in this foreign land.

Salem
12-04-14, 05:29 PM
I have no idea how to piece it together or what may happen next. I'm not even going to lie. I'm just trying to make it as interesting as possible.

Ioder
12-04-14, 05:31 PM
Well is there a direction you would like to go? Or should this just be a simple quest with a simple goal?

Salem
12-04-14, 06:32 PM
Yes, originally this was ment to be a simple quest. But the more I get into the story the more I realized I what to use this to help and play a huge part in the beginning of my character history. However; I feel I like I haven't really given a set idea of what is going on. In my mind I guess it a bit. But then I see comments of others and lost and such and it brings me back to the point that I have no idea where this is heading so to speak.

Ashla
12-04-14, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking of Gwen staying back, as she sees everything and doesn't want to get into trouble, but her TTC informant is across from them. She's heading across to meet the informant, but she and Ioder recognize each other.

Simple quest?? I like to say the more chaos the merrier, lol! Wherever this goes is up to you guys, though.

Salem
12-04-14, 06:52 PM
XD yea, I'm banking more toward the chaos. I've never fully planned out anything in my life so just like this I have a main idea. My character wants to find his family's grimoires. And to get there I'll lick my pointer finger, raising my hand in the air and see where the wind takes me.

Ioder
12-04-14, 07:07 PM
Alright so i figure Gwen either you or i am next.

Ashla
12-04-14, 07:35 PM
You go next, Ioder. Then Batm- I mean Gwen - comes out from the shadows :cool:

Salem
12-06-14, 09:29 PM
alright who next or would it be me again?

Ioder
12-06-14, 09:35 PM
That would be me i guess. Im working late so one wont be out till after im off or Tomarrow.

Salem
12-07-14, 12:06 AM
Ah, ya always got to enjoy work. XD

Ashla
12-07-14, 03:14 AM
I thought I was next.

Salem
12-07-14, 11:23 AM
OOoo, my bad. Okay does anyone need to post so we don't end skipping people by accident?

Ioder
12-07-14, 11:41 AM
Ghosty you may have next post considering i may not be home to write till later on.

The Muri
12-07-14, 11:47 AM
I'll try to write up my intro post quickly (but nicely xD) And post it today.

This is another alt for Gwen xD