PDA

View Full Version : The Deck of Fate

Cards of Fate
12-03-14, 12:41 AM
Hello everyone! So as you can probably see I'm new, My Characters name is Vincent Cain and he's a shut in from Texas who found himself in Althanas after opening a gift from his father. In this gift was a deck of Tarot cards more or less, which was what transported him to this world, and each card he draws compels him to complete a challenge that in some way or shape will better him as a person and make him stronger. That being said this is quite the task for the scrawny bookworm he is. Now for those unfamiliar with the tarot cards there are approximately 21 of them depending on what deck you're talking about. For reference I've decided to use the Major Arcana Cards of the Occult deck meaning...

The Major Arcana (greater secrets), or trump cards, consists of 22 cards without suits: The Magician, The High Priestess, The Empress, The Emperor, The Hierophant, The Lovers, The Chariot, Strength, The Hermit, Wheel of Fortune, Justice, The Hanged Man, Death, Temperance, The Devil, The Tower, The Star, The Moon, The Sun, Judgement, The World and The Fool. Cards from The Magician to The World are numbered in Roman numerals from I to XXI, while The Fool is the only unnumbered card, sometimes placed at the beginning of the deck as 0, or at the end as XXII.

Meaning each of these cards has an order. For this sake I plan on using The Fool as the start, and I would like to have at least a thread if not more for each card. That being said 22 solos is going to get hella boring really quickly. Also due to the esoteric and often varied meanings of each of these cards things can get a bit tricky. For example the Magician is number 1 and would preferably be the card I start with after the Fool. (Although to Vincent the Order will seem arbitrarily random). SO for that a lot of depictions of the Magician are of Hermes leading the fool out of a cave on the start of his journey. Someone who would help with that would help introduce Vincent to the world and help him settle in. Other cards could be more simplistic, the High priestess could simply be a run in with a cult, Empress and the Emperor could be similar or they could have more arbitrary meanings.

I know the list is huge but if anyone would be willing to hit me up for any of the cards Heirophant and lower that would be super awesome and we could start planning. These cards are only to help provoke growth in Vincent as a person so I don't have a whole lot in mind and look forward to hearing suggestions.

Lye
12-03-14, 08:57 AM
I have a few characters that can contribute. I'm a decent poster with bouts of extreme activity and rather intense lulls. If you hound me, I usually get to it.

That being said, there is also a clan on the site called The Tarot Hierarchy which also revolves around the Tarot. One of my characters is a female mage that uses Aleran engineered weaponry to "shoot" her magic. A mage gunner. She is a mid ranking member of the Hierarchy. Members of that group may prove helpful in this endeavor.

The leader, Leona Stevvains, is actually a soccer player from normal earth, cast into Althanas under similar (not exact) pretenses. She uses the deck to foresee all possible paths of the future and is able to brand people with the essence of the Major Arcana. She would probably be your cornerstone and anchor.

That account is owned by our highest level player, Silence Sei.

As for my Alts:

This account: An assassin with an amnesia caused by intense hate and loathing which also manipulates his own bone and shadows. Evil.

A mage gunner who escaped imprisonment from Aleran Alchemists, just trying to be a normal girl. Has an intuitive knack for strategy and leadership. Soft hearted Good Neutral.

A high elven militant with a war torn past seeking to restore his homeland and purify the darkness which haunts Althanas. Lawful Good.

A slave girl with the purest mortal life, accidentally cast into hell and transformed into a succubus. She is in eternal conflict with morality and her necessity to feed on the living. True Neutral.

That's the list of my known alts. There's more, but its not worth mentioning.

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-03-14, 09:03 AM
If you need a villain for any particular card quest, I'm more than happy to offer my services.