PDA

View Full Version : Nymraif Lathain - Unsuspected...

Sifer
04-02-06, 12:44 PM
Name: Nymraif Lathain

Race: Wood Elf

Sex: Male

Height: 5’9

Weight: 180 lbs

Alignment: Neutral Good

Class: Ranger/Magician

Hair Color: Blonde

Eye Color: Blue

Skin Color: Light Tan

Personality: Nymraif has a strange gift for words. Perhaps his mischievous personality is what brought it to him. He could sweet talk his way out of death if the situation would permit him. He is a joker, a magician; he always has some sort of trick up his sleeve. That is his entertainment. Even though he is good at heart, he enjoys laughing at other people’s expense. He is cunning, calm, cool. His abilities of stealth are very good due to his heritage. He also enjoys the company of a forest.

Appearance: Nymraif has long blonde hair that flows elegantly, like a wave, to his shoulders. His ice-cold blue eyes pierce the darkness, capable of seeing a person’s very thoughts. Brown leather pants reach down to his ankles and leather boots end just below his knees. He wears leather gauntlets that begin just after the elbows and end before his knuckles, perfect for using his bow. His light green shirt is tattered and torn, reaching his thighs at some points and coming just to his waistline at others. A long dark green cloak covers his body from head to toe. His clothing and slim physique give him a stealthy appearance.

Armor: None. Besides leather boots and gauntlets Nymraif wears no armor. It does not suit his battle style, which is stealthy and involves fluid, accurate attacks instead of large slow movements.

Items: Smoke Bombs(5), Arrows(30)

Smoke Bombs(5): Cheap little fireworks that do the trick. They erupt in a puff of smoke that will enclose a small area. They are perfect for helping Nymraif make a quick escape.

Weapons: Long bow, Wood Elf Knife.

Long bow: The bow is made of oak and is flexible and durable. It is about three-fourths his height. The string is made of horsehair with a single strand of a unicorn’s mane in it. The bow is very powerful at short range as well as long range.

Wood Elf Knife: More like a short sword, the knife is about 2 feet long. The hilt is made of silver and a red jewel was placed where the hilt meets the blade. It is valuable in small spaces like small rooms. It is made out of steel and serves as a back up weapon to Nymraif’s bow. This knife holds a lot of sentimental value to Nymraif and he would never sell it.

Skills: Forest Cloak, Bow Proficiency, Harmony with Plants and Animals

Forest Cloak: Nymraif is able to blend in easily with any wooded areas. The cloak he wears on his back is made for this reason only. For this reason, Nymraif prefers to fight mostly in wooded areas where he has an advantage. This doesn’t mean he is afraid to fight anywhere else.

Bow Proficiency: Nymraif’s skills with a bow are average. The bow is his favorite weapon just like it is for most of his race. Being an elf seems to imply that you are good with a bow. However, being a wood elf means you must be good with a bow. It’s very hard to hunt in the forests of Concordia.

Harmony with Plants and Animals: Nymraif can’t control animals or plants but he has a very good understanding of both. He is able to make plants grow slightly bigger or turn colors. He has a strange thing with animals; they seem to be on the same level and can communicate in a very limited way. Often only words like “attack” and “go” are understood between the two, more often nothing. This ability only works with creatures that you would find in the forest such as birds, squirrels and sometimes deer. Nymraif often uses them in his tricks, strategies and to perform small tasks.

Magic: Magician’s Tricks.

Magician’s Tricks: Not necessarily one thing in particular. It is actually not really magic either. These are small tricks that appear to be magic and entertain other people. Some of these things include pulling a coin from behind someone’s ear and “changing” a rose into a bird.

History: Nymraif was born and raised in the forests of Concordia, where he presently resides. He was loved by his parents and still is. He has one brother, Arahain, who he has not seen since he was only 20 years old. His father taught him everything he knows about being a wood elf, hunting, animals, and just about everything else he knows about. Unlike many adventurers, his life is still intact. He still has a family to return to no matter what happens. Nymraif’s drive for adventure comes from his brother, who always talked about the lands outside of the forest. Long, rolling plains. Tall and majestic mountains. Things he has never seen before like snow and other civilizations. He had never left the forest until now. He is in search of his brother, whom he still believes is alive. Even though many believe that his brother died long ago, Nymraif is determined to find him.

Redeemer
04-02-06, 09:04 PM
You need to give me a specific number of 'Smoke bombs'. A very small amount

I need limited ammo from you. How many arrows does he have.

Please state you will not sell the knife.

Very good for Bow skills seem a bit much for level 0. Please make it average at best.

The forest cloak, gotta' put limitations on it. Disappearing completely is way to much, especially if you move around. Practicaly invisable.

Sifer
04-07-06, 04:50 PM
I think I made the corrections you wanted.

5 Smoke Bombs

30 Arrows

Stated that the knife will not be sold.

I fixed up the Bow Proficiency skill so its more in tune with my level.

For the Forest Cloak I just removed the part about being completely invisible alltogether so it should be good now.

Also, sorry about the inactivity, I just had springbreak and now school so didnt really have a lot of time to check out the computer.

Redeemer
04-07-06, 05:37 PM
Right, now all you need to do if edit around that Harmony. You have to limit which animals you can use to attack, and it cannot work that often.

Sifer
04-07-06, 06:43 PM
You should find that my profile is now up to par with your specifications. I changed the Harmony skill to work only with forest creatures which would be fitting for a wood elf. Also I edited in:
"Often only words like “attack” and “go” are understood between the two, more often nothing."

Redeemer
04-07-06, 07:53 PM
Don't powergame it. I don't want to see bambi jumping in and throttling your enemy in PC V. PC battle...although that'd be awesome.

Approved.