PDA

View Full Version : Secret Althana-Santa

black shadow
12-24-14, 11:00 PM
pretend this was posted by TylerHoyt... I posted on the wrong account.I sat down in one of the many wooden chairs in the main room of Dead Man's Drink, a bar I had created for Althanas back on earth. Matt and I always used this little tavern as a place or Black Shadow and Gavner to meet. Even now, when there was nobody to control them and they were free to do whatever they wanted, this was their ideal place to meet.

The room had a giant area in the center that was empty, not a chair nor a table within this rectangle. This is where all the games and dances Matt and I had planned for the event. Where I sat on the other hand had plenty of tables and chairs. Matt and I had expected plenty of people to show up, so there were over one hundred chairs set up.

I took a deep breath. It felt good to finally sit down and rest. The past few days all I had done was help Matt and the other workers set up for the event, and it seemed to have payed off.

I took a look around. "Where is Matt?" I said out loud to myself. "Everyone is going to be getting here soon." And with that, the first participant arrived.

matthewrramon
12-25-14, 12:03 AM
Matthew's lip raised and his tongue began to hang out as his teeth were bared. Here Matthew stood in the middle of the room on top of a stool, tying a string to the ceiling. He had been decorating Dead Man's Drink all day for the big Christmas party he and Tyler had convinced Gavner to let them have. The stubborn old coot only had one condition and that was to not formally name it a Christmas party because nobody in Althanas knew what Christmas was. Matthew and Tyler had agreed to make it a universal holiday party celebration.

The first thing on Matthew's list was to send out party invitations. Naturally Tyler insisted that Black Shadow was the first one to be invited. Gavner had not officially introduced the writer to his character yet, but it was on the way. Black Shadow was extremely realistic; if they had gone up to him and tried to convince the archer that he was in a fantasy world, there was no telling what he would do. They would break it to him softly, but at a later date. Until then, Tyler was Matthew's brother, and one of Gavner's nephews.

"There," Matthew said to himself in satisfaction, "that's the last one."

The teenager had hung hundreds of paper chains and snowflakes from the ceiling of the tavern and decked out the place to look extremely festive.

"Carn, more lights!" Matthew ordered.

"Yeah, yeah I'm on it," said the young magician. Matthew and Tyler had arranged for several helpers to arrive as they organized the party.

"GAVNER!!" Matthew called, "You better get your vampire butt to the door because we are leaving to pick up the citadel monk from the dock this instant! He is supposed to be arriving at Beinost in an hour and you know it takes a half to flit there."

"Matthew," Gavner said as he stepped out from the back room, "the party does not start for 3 hours."

"After we pick up the monk we have to chop down the biggest Christmas tree in the forest that we can bring it in and decorate it." Matthew said irritably, "did you get those teleport stones from Koli? We don't want the monk walking here."

"I got them."

"Did Koli say he could come?"

"No," Gavner said sadly, "he could not make it. But he sends his best regards."

"Let's get going you stuffy old bat."

Ioder
12-25-14, 01:09 PM
Ioder squinted as cold air lashed at his cheek as he soared high above the cloud coverage. He was sure that by now he was just about to the tavern where the invitation indicated. It wasn’t a long flight from the Tarot base to the Dead Man’s Drink but there was an unnatural chill to the air tonight. Only after twenty minutes of flying Ioder dropped down under the clouds seeing his friend’s Tavern.

There it is! Warmth…. Ioder shivered one last time before he descended like a vicious bird of prey. He gripped his package he purchased tightly in his hand making sure not to drop it. He wasn’t sure why he got a gift but he didn’t mind much thinking that if he would probably have a good time and this didn’t cost too much. Ioder quickly landed with his feet both planted firmly on the ground outside the front door. And leaning outside the door was his old friend Gavner.

“Nice to see you again Gavner.” Ioder said nonchalantly as he waved to his vampire besty. Gavner returned his wave and they both bro-fisted each other because they are both awesome.

“Yeah its good to see you too, Glad you made it.” The vampire said with a smile.

“So what’s going on in there? I haven’t been invited to a party like this in a long time.”

Philomel
12-25-14, 06:27 PM
She was throughly ill-suited for a place like this. A place of cheering, and of general being good to each other. A place where she was strictly banned from work, and told so many times by her dearest brother that she should not solicit for clients here, nor try to find anyone of the company on the nominal universal death-list that the Nightingale was sick to her stomach.

Yet, sincerely pushed into accepting the invite by Leaf, on pain of eternal hatred, Philomel went. With brother in tow. And the pigs, and the baby dragon who snuffled anywhere and everywhere. He had a neat little bow tied behind his ears and a bell hanging from each horn.

As they entered the bright, decorated room, the faun-whore froze, then immediately backed against a wall. Her eyes glared, frenziedly from place to place, person to person as they hugged and laughed and cheered. There was the stench of strong meat and other foods coming from a back wall, and immediately the pigs squealed. They ran off, small and midgety, raucous and mad, past the legs of the many, but caused no harm.

It was the baby dragon following them who caused much more trouble. Though his bells told people where he was, they still did not expect a black, infantile reptile.

"I. Hate. This." Philomel seethed.

Leaf, coming to stand beside her, just laughed, waving to someone he did not recognise.

"Its fun, sister. Enjoy yourself."

Philomel decided then she hated this ... fun.

Gold
12-25-14, 09:31 PM
Timothy was confused he didn't know this Tyler yet he somehow sent Timothy an invite to a party, durectly to his dimension no less. However, a party is a party and Timothy wasn't about to not go to one. He had then received his secret santa asignment, he had a man named Matthew. He had snooped around and found that he was big on music. So, inside a red wrapping paper with a green bow, Timothy had a golden harp that was enchanted to make an allusion of the scenery changing to match the music. The harp only had 8 strings so it was portable.

matthewkuch
12-25-14, 10:47 PM
"So what is the purpose of this?"

Gavner did not understand the trivialities that humans were so attached to.

"But Gavner!" Matthew whined, "we have to have a tree or it wouldn't be the same!"

"Oh fine."

"Saw faster."

Gavner had finally chopped down a 60 foot pine tree with no help from Matthew at all, who now lay in the snow shivering violently. Vampires did not grow cold that quickly, and Gavner's long traveling cloak did a good job of blocking out the bite of the wind, but Matthew's hoodie provided little resistance to the cold. Picking the teenager up, Gavner threw the kid over his shoulder whilst holding onto his foot and grabbing the tree by the trunk. When they made it to Dead Man's Drink, Gavner left the tree and brought the youth inside.

"Xylic," Gavner called to the monk who was standing in the corner, "do a warming treatment on this one, I have to deal with the tree outside."

The monk silently nodded and went to work. Gavner noticed that the first party guest had arrived and was talking with Tyler about the party. Outside, Gavner had the feeling that somebody was approaching. Looking far off into the dark snowstorm, Gavner could not make out any shapes; then he noticed the figure descending upon him. It was Ioder, one of his dear friends that had met him while he was feeding on a human. This led to a fight which ended in a draw.

"My nephew wants me to bring this tree into the tavern for the festivities, would you care to help me?" Gavner asked his friend

matthewrramon
12-25-14, 11:20 PM
Matthew woke up to find that tons of party guests had arrived, and Gavner had erected the tree in the tavern. The massive pine tree was so big that the top bent along the ceiling because there was not enough room to completely stand it up. Tyler was sitting in a chair at the table Matthew was sprawled out on.

"It's about time, sleeping beauty." He said as Matthew opened his eyes, "you almost missed the party!"

"Well I'm awake now," Matthew said sliding into a chair. "Woah," the teenager marveled, "they're all here!"

"Yeah," Tyler replied, "I don't think everybody that we invited is coming but there are quite a few here."

The door opened and several new guests began to enter.

"Holy crap is that Philomel?" Matthew said and Tyler nodded. "Wow her faun is way hotter than I had imagined."

"Go and ask Gavner when Black Shadow is coming," Tyler said urgently, "I really want to see him."

"Ohhh," Matthew said remembering how fortunate he was to have convinced his character of the reality they were in. "Sure thing man."

"Hey ginger!" Matthew yelled as he got up, looking for Gavner. He felt bad, just then having noticed that Mordelain looked at him when he said this. "Sorry," Matthew mumbled, "wrong red head."

Flagging down the vampire, Matthew started to ask him the question but the door to the tavern burst open and a fat man garbed entirely in red stood in the threshold.

matthewkuch
12-25-14, 11:35 PM
"HO HO HO!" Said the man in a deep voice, and all the fauns looked up.

This enraged Gavner; they were supposed to be at a holiday celebration, not a brothel! Who did this fat bastard think he was, barging into Tyler and Matthew's party and demanding services to satisfy his desires!?

"No!" Gavner shouted rushing to shoo him away, "get out! This is not the place, nor the time for that kind of behavior!"

"Gavner, Gavner no! That's Santa!" Matthew said pursuing the vampire as he angrily approached the old man. "He sees you when you're sleeping!"

If Matthew was making any attempts to defend this man's behalf, he was being very counterproductive because it only kindled Gavner's rage even more. Spurred on by additional anger, the vampire was now face to face with this evil man.

"No that is Santa Claus," Matthew said desperately trying to pull his creation away from the urban myth, "at night he sneaks down peoples' chimneys and goes into the childrens' rooms to-"

Gavner could not bear to hear any more. Matthew was telling him that this man broke into the houses of innocent families to sneak into the rooms of small children and do heaven only knows what! What Gavner got out of this story was that he was looking at an evil man who was not welcome here. Pushing the man outside of the tavern, Gavner shouted angry words at the man and slammed the door in his face. If people were going to spoil the holiday party, they would have to leave.

"Matthew, I do not like the sound of this Sandy Claws. I suggest you stay away from him."

matthewrramon
01-16-15, 06:45 AM
Matthew shook his head. He should not have expected his character to comprehend the urban myth. The scene had attracted some attention but now everybody was talking amongst themselves and the atmosphere had turned back to normal.

“Gavner, what the heck!?” Tyler exploded as he reached the spot Matthew and Gavner were standing in.

“It’s okay man,” Matthew said, “he didn’t know what he was doing.”

“He just threw Santa out in the snow!”

“Santa likes the snow.” Matthew calmly replied.

“Well yeah but…” Tyler grumbled, “it’s Santa.”

“Santa is a tough guy, he can handle himself.”

Matthew was then thrust into a memory of his younger years around Christmas time when he had tried to make an igloo with his friends. They got about halfway finished and then gave up because they ran out of time. Matthew then thought of the situation he was now in. In a room, surrounded by supernatural beings with increased strength and precision.

“Alright guys,” Matthew said pulling out his microphone that amplified his voice. “We are going to go outside and build snow forts. After the forts are completed we will have a snowball fight. Are there any questions?”

Philomel
09-25-15, 02:03 PM
Name of Thread: Secret Althana-Santa (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28485-Secret-Althana-Santa)
Jugdement Type: No Judgement
Participants: Black Shadow, matthewramon, matthewkuch, Gold, Ioder and Philomel

Rewards:

Black Shadow (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?16247-black-shadow) receives:
102 EXP
11 GP

matthewramon (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?17468-matthewrramon) receives:
286 EXP
33 GP

matthewkuch (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?17109-matthewkuch) receives:
250 EXP
22 GP

Ioder (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?17424-Ioder)receives:
110 EXP
11GP

Gold (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?17084-Gold)receives:
80 EXP
11 GP

Philomel receives:
(http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?17225-Philomel)
124 EXP
11GP