PDA

View Full Version : Althanas: The Animated Movie?

Empyrean
10-05-06, 07:44 PM
Alright, here’s the deal.

I’m hoping to major in 2-D animation in college, and I’m also hoping that when I’m older I’ll have my own animation studio. You know, like Disney. One that will make Academy Award-winning animated films and stuff. The reason you should care is that I need to get some hands-on experience at some point, and while I’ve been immersing myself in several art classes for a long time, I’ve always really wanted to try Flash. If you don’t know what Flash is, it’s a sort of animating program that a lot of my favorite artists have used for fun and for animation assignments.

One of my favorite artists, Marie Lu, is soon going to have her own original fantasy novel series published, and she’s made quite a few amazing Flash animations based on her book, using her own (incredible!) artwork. What I want to do – eventually – is make a dramatic, epic-looking Flash animation video, with music and moving characters, the works. You can see Marie Lu’s animations that have inspired me here (http://www.marie-lu.com/urbantgs.html) and here (http://www-scf.usc.edu/~xlu/gravityoflove.html).

This is where you guys get involved – I want one of my first epic animations to be Althanas-themed. There are so many amazing plotlines and characters floating around here, it would be a sin not to visualize it as a movie. :D Considering all the stuff I would need to have and know to actually make a good video, this project might not materialize for quite a while, so I’d like this to be an idea thread for now.

I’d like to make my video more like this one (http://www-scf.usc.edu/~xlu/gravityoflove.html), maybe showing scenes from different threads by different people, but sort of pulling them together as a whole to represent Althanas. I definitely want it to have some good, dramatic music, which is why I’d really like to use an awesome, older version of Evanescence’s “Whisper.” (If anyone wants to hear the song, just contact me on AIM.)

Here’s what I’d like you guys to consider:

- Do you want your character(s) to be in the video?
- What do you want to see in the video?
- What sort of music would you suggest using? What songs do you think would be cool for the background?

And so on and so forth.
Remember, this is only an idea thread – I’m not even sure if this is going to happen yet, but if it will, I’d love to have input from you guys. Also, if it does happen, remember that I can’t fit all that many characters into the video, though I’ll sure as hell try. :)

So what do you think/want?

The Valkyrie
10-05-06, 07:57 PM
I love the idea (I've kinda thought about getting into that as well, but I don't know...) of this. I'd love it if Bryn and Jared's story were in there - it is the most fully formed of all my characters. Let me know if you are interested --- we actually had a couple of Evanescence songs for our "character soundtracks" as well as a Goo Goo Dolls song (Iris).

Vampiric Angel
10-05-06, 08:04 PM
I'd love to have Anenfel in it. Especially his fight with Izzy. That'd rawk my sawks.

EDIT: A good song would probably be Let the Bodies Hit the Floor by Drowning Pool. But of course, Cyrus can put in his two cents since the thread has both our characters.

Meow
10-05-06, 08:04 PM
hey that sounds like a really neat idea and I hope it works^^

I'd love to have a scene with Feru or Kit and Inari. Don't know any good music for it. I think Feru's turning a warlock into a mouse would be a fun scene^^

grim137
10-05-06, 08:09 PM
I'd love to see either of my characters (Tarry Whealer (grim137) and Casha Via (Cash)) in this. As for scenes the scene in Escape from Radasanth (will give you a link if you want) where Tarry throws a baby at Osato would be good though any scene from my almost finished Puppets on a String semi-solo (again I will provide a link if you want) would be nice, also any battle scene between Storm and Tarry would be good (the threads with good ones are "Escape from Radasanth" and "Return of the Monster" all other threads with good fight scenes were lost due to the crash).

For music it really depends on the scene, I think for most of them any sort of hard rock you could do. Though if you decide to do a scene from Puppets on a String it really depends one which scene you do.

nekoprince
10-05-06, 08:52 PM
Leon would be good for anything really, though any scene with him would be a rather comedic thread way back when with joshua or something like my currant fight with Witchblade or something like that.

Any other charectors I'll have to think about, most aren't too developed. Maybe my old Vampire Salil taking off his mask or something close to that.

Breaker
10-05-06, 09:46 PM
Josh would make a logical character because he's a martial artist and his skin glows golden when he does his special move. And he's headed for big things... oh yeah, y'all just wait.

Empyrean
10-06-06, 12:48 AM
Val - That would be awesome, actually, because I loved the last installment of Bryn and Jared's storyline. One of my favorite songs off the new Evanescence album might be good for it. I actually started doodling out a scene from it and picturing how it might go together. :) What songs were you thinking of?

VA - Haha, that song used to creep me out. But it would fit in with the grotesque, dramatic part of Althanas. I'll keep that all in mind. ^^

Ran - I'm sorry, I'm always going to think of you as Ran. I'd love to have one of your characters in there. How could it be Althanas without furries?

Grim - A Storm and Tarry battle would kick ass, so if you can remember how any of it went, that would be great. But I'll check out Puppets on a String as well.

Nekoprince - I actually really like both of those ideas. And I vaguely remember Salil. It would be awesome to just throw the mask thing in. Oh, if I do end up using the Evanescence song, I know exactly where it could go. :D

Numbers guy, or the Writer Formerly Known As Jake Narmolanya: That would give me a good excuse to add more sweet fight scenes. :)

This is really getting my muse going, you guys, thanks for your input thus far. Keep it coming!
Tomorrow I'm going to start shopping for Flash programs and see what I can get. :)

Dissinger
10-06-06, 02:22 AM
I give you rights to any of my characters. If you need them to fulfill a role ask me and I'll tell you which one could do so. If you find you don't need them, then don't use them. that simple.

Cyrus the virus
10-06-06, 06:07 AM
Yes. Yes, this would rule.

I'd want to see either Luc magic-owning someone, or Izvilvin fighting somebody. Anenfel possibly, yes.

Good luck ;)

Kai
10-06-06, 08:13 AM
Flash is fun to use, but its easier to make an Althanas character make than a movie in my opinion, i am just too lazy doing frame by frame stuff ... pluss i can't draw backgrounds for my life.

My character in the video: Hell yeah, we always need one monkey boy thwarting any martial artist who glows gold, that and i wanna see him get animated

What do i want to see in the video: it depends if its gonna be some sort of music vedeo or an actual story. If its a music vedeo then clips of battles or characters helping others out or just making awesome poses will do. if its a movie then your gonna have to get some awesome voice actors ... ehh i can't think of the name at the moment

Music: "10th man down" makes a good score for a war zone theme.
"Moment of peace" by gregorian, would make for a nice, "A whole new althanaian" theme
"Going under" ... i just like that one

I would offer ya any help i could, but i am too unreliable and lazy, so it would be in your best interest if i didn't ^_^

Breaker
10-06-06, 10:01 AM
Kai: Thwarted my eye. You brought a knife to a fistfight :P

Empyrean: Fight scenes are always good. And you can call me Alex ;)

Ayithe Solete
10-06-06, 11:00 AM
Since i've not really interacted with anyone in quite a while rping wise I doute I would suggest using my character. But I must admit its a very cool idea, my current course in college involves teaching me how to use flash etc and its very interesting and fun.

I would suggest using illustrator and Photoshop to help you create alot of the scenes before you put them into flash(It helps alot depending on how graphical you want to go), but thats up to you I guess, there are other peices of software but those are highly recomended.

Falcon Darkflight
10-06-06, 01:46 PM
I know you are going to get blammed with thousands of character ideas...

But use Canen. :P

The Valkyrie
10-06-06, 01:53 PM
Val - That would be awesome, actually, because I loved the last installment of Bryn and Jared's storyline. One of my favorite songs off the new Evanescence album might be good for it. I actually started doodling out a scene from it and picturing how it might go together. What songs were you thinking of?

Well her original song while she was trying to free Eryk from the Underworld was Taking Over Me, and Jared's original song was Fields of Innocnece. As time went on her song became Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls - I'm not sure what Jared's became.

grim137
10-06-06, 02:24 PM
Grim - A Storm and Tarry battle would kick ass, so if you can remember how any of it went, that would be great. But I'll check out Puppets on a String as well.

Return of the Monster (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=406) and Escape from Radasanth (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=2063) both have good fight scenes between Storm and Tarry. In the case of Return of the Monster, its actually more of a three way fight between Storm, Tarry and Osato.

Dissinger
10-06-06, 03:31 PM
You want a good fight, Sarah vs. Seth in the cage...

Embellishing upon that:

All that I'm Living For - Evanescence

Final Cage of the Cell. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=33242#post33242)

Empyrean
10-06-06, 03:50 PM
Pat – Thanks. :) I was actually thinking of using that scene. And All That I’m Living For is a good one. I’m still obsessed with Lacrymosa and Cloud Nine for something like this. ^^;

Cyrus – I would like to do both, if this all works out. Thankya.

Kai – I think it would be more along the lines of a music video, but also a bit like a movie preview or something. Also, who is 10th Man Down by?

Ayithe – Awesome, awesome, awesome. I may be coming to you for tips in the future. I would like this video to look pretty damn awesome, and I have Photoshop 6, but not Illustrator. How much does Illustrator cost, do you know? And does it require any other equipment?

Falcon – Yes, I know that’s not your real name. :) I’ll try to get Canen in there.

Val – I love – and have – all of those songs, actually, so that could all work. I have a couple other songs in mind, mostly from the new Evanescence CD that might go well with the scene I have in mind. If you’d like to hear them, just let me know and I can upload them or something.

Grim – Thanks for the links.

Okay, since you guys have all given me good stuff to work with, I think that even if I don’t end up making a video, I’ll draw scenes and characters and make a musical slideshow or something.

Here’s a list of songs I have so far that could be used in the video. The bold ones are my suggestions, everything else is what’s been suggested by you guys. I wonder if it would be possible to make a mixed track made from a bunch of different songs. That would kick ass.

Whisper (2002 version) - Evanescence
Cloud Nine - Evanescence
Lacrymosa – Evanescence
All That I’m Living For - Evanescence
Fields of Innocence - Evanescence
Taking Over Me – Evanescence
Going Under - Evanescence
Iris – Goo Goo Dolls
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor – Drowning Pool
10th Man Down - Nightwish
Moment of Peace – Gregorian
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
TNT - ACDC
Enemy - Godsmack
Living in Sin - Godsmack
Demon Speeding - Rob Zombie
Scum of the Earth - Rob Zombie
Just Wannabe Loved - Papa Roach
Calm Like a Bomb - Rage Against the Machine
Figure #9 - Linkin Park
Survival of the Sickest - Saliva
Fuck All Yall - Saliva

I think it’s safe to say there’ll be Evanescence music in the video. :)

Kai
10-06-06, 04:00 PM
Oops

10th man down is by Nightwish ... it's kinda metal opera but i love the beat in it

i also think it's safe to assume ya really like evanscence yah?

Music Videos work, i would love to see it when it is done regardless of my character being in it or not ^_^

Cyrus the virus
10-06-06, 04:00 PM
Don't feel pressured to use me much :) A five second snippit of someone kicking some ass would rule, or just some dramatic "Luc-standing-in-a-thunderstorm-cape blowing-as-he-battles-a-dragon for-the sake of all mankind" thing will do.

Dissinger
10-06-06, 04:02 PM
Lacrymosa works for my scene...

Krugor
10-06-06, 04:31 PM
Krugor hasn't really accomplished much yet, so I don't know what you could use him for, but you can if you want ;)
Maybe some of his battles in the Cell are worth putting in? I don't know...

Those songs are also a bit too...not Krugor-like. His themesong should be more in the direction of ska, I guess.

Great idea, though! It would be really cool if you could flesh it out totally, but I understand that it would take a lot of effort, so I won't pressure you :D

nekoprince
10-06-06, 04:40 PM
If you ever need links or something for Leon or Salil or anything, just gimmee a holler and I'll give them to you. Also, depending on the content then "Wish you Were Here" by Pink Flyod for a somber-ery thing, or at least just the music without lyrics.

Breaker
10-06-06, 04:50 PM
Dude can't believe I didn't think of this earlier... excellent song for a big fight scene would be TNT by ACDC.

Also, for a variety of good moods, check out some Radiohead. Songs like Karma Police and We Suck Young Blood... excellent stuff.

I know some small-time musicians in TO who are amazing... like, as good as any of the pro's, but wihtout contracts... if you're interested, I might be able to hook you up with them, everyone would win.

streak101
10-06-06, 09:35 PM
Banda could be that funny guy thats fresh and can kill people easy!

Lots of action and fighting and stuff you'd see in a quest right here on althanas in the movie!

I think you could fit "Let the bodies hit the floor" by drowning pool in an evil character's fight scene.

Ter-Thok
10-06-06, 10:22 PM
Now this is a cool idea. I'd like to see Ter-Thok and Hans in this thing, but I'll do ya one better; if you'd like some help, at least with the conceptual end of this thing, my major is centered around character, object, and scenic design. I don't have much animating experience, really, but I could streamline people's character designs to fit Flash better, storyboard some sequences...and I have a scanner, finally, so it would be instantaneous relaying of files!

Of course, I'm just putting this out there, mind you. For all I know, you may be better than me at all of these things.

Raelyse
10-07-06, 01:07 PM
I want in. You love me.

Empyrean
10-07-06, 01:32 PM
i also think it's safe to assume ya really like evanscence yah?

Um...yes. :D

Cyrus - Yeah, I'm planning on using a few characters just doing something IC-ish...or just standing there and looking macho or something. :)

Pat - Great. Now I have more of an excuse to use it!

Krugor - Thanks! And your character must be in the video. Because I said so. And I rule and stuff.

nekoprince - I just need a reference for what he looks like, because I already know what I could do with him. Thankya.

Alex - I love TNT. And if you could maybe let me hear some of the local musicians' stuff, that would rock.

Streak - Yes. :) And Let The Bodies Hit The Floor, if I can get the song, would be perfect.

Ter-Thok - Sure thing. And I would LOVE your help.

Colin - Yeah, yeah. Only if you stop greeting me with "Hey, whore."

Okay, sketching and planning is underway. Here's a doodle of a monster-type thing I was thinking of using for Bryn and Jared's scene. I do actually love drawing monsters as well as pretty things. I have a lot fo monster sketches, but I think I need to make them creepier than this. But I like the eyes.

Cyrus the virus
10-07-06, 02:18 PM
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have like 6 of us fighting a dragon >=D With fire!!! Pow pow!!

Ter-Thok
10-07-06, 04:52 PM
Dragon fighting IS always epic, my friend...I'm gonna storyboard that...

Empyrean; Thanks for letting me help out, by the way! It'd probably be a good idea to compile a list of everyone you're plannin' on popping in there, and any specific scenes they want associated with them.

Breaker
10-07-06, 05:27 PM
Dude, this is gonna end up like that ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny thing...

EDIT: Empyrean, most of the songs I'm thinking of by these guys aren't exactly, like, violent... if there are any scenes that DON'T innvolve fighting, or that innvolve smaller amounts of fighting, tell me what happens in them (here, or via PM or IM) and I'll tell you which of the songs would be best.

grim137
10-07-06, 05:48 PM
I thought of a role for Luc Kraus in the video. Have it be the inevitable scene where Tarry stabs him right in the face (also applies to Vorin). ;)

Cyrus the virus
10-07-06, 05:56 PM
Except that Luc could slay Tarry with a wave of a finger *flex*

Also, if you want me to give you a song to use, or whatever, let me know. I know about a hundred songs that are awesome o_O

Breaker
10-07-06, 05:58 PM
I thought of a role for Luc Kraus in the video. Have it be the inevitable scene where Tarry stabs him right in the face (also applies to Vorin). ;)
Yeah, and then Josh does a Johnny Cage Shadow Kick THROUGH tarry.

Cyrus: I know awesomer songs :P

grim137
10-10-06, 05:21 PM
I thought of some songs you might want to look into for the play list

Enemy - Godsmack

Living in Sin - Godsmack

Demon Speeding - Rob Zombie

Scum of the Earth - Rob Zombie

Just Wannabe Loved - Papa Roach

Figure #9 - Linkin Park

Fuck All Yall - Saliva

Breaker
10-10-06, 06:04 PM
It would be neat if you link the scenes in a Sin City-esque way, like have different characters doing things at different times in the same locations.

Empyrean
10-11-06, 01:15 AM
Cyrus - Hehe, maybe. I'm still trying to figure out how to connect all the scenes. And yes, please do let me know of some good, upbeat sogns that would be suitable for drama.

Grim - I'd kind of like to have Luc be alive and stuff. ^^; EDIT: Thanks for the songs, I'll add them to the possible songs list.

Alright, Ter-Thok and Alex, here's the scenes we have so far, and people who want to be in them:

Bryn and Jared - I was thinking of doing a scene from Chapter 5 of their story, when they're down in the Underworld, if it's okay with Vickie and Duro. I have a great idea for that. :D

Anenfel and Izvilvin - Their fight scene.

Kit and Inari - There's a lot of sweet stuff that could go for these two.

Feru - Possibly her turning the warlock into a mouse. :)

Tarry Whealer and Storm Veritas - fight scenes from Escape from Radasanth/Return of the Monster

Leon and Witchblade - Their current fight scene.

Salil - Taking off the mask.

Josh - Doing...uh...martial art-y things. :)

Kaiser Nightwind - ?

Canen - ?

Sarah and Seth Dahlios - Cell cage fight.

Luc Kraus - Either standing in a thunderstorm, cape blowing, or just kicking some ass.

Banda - ?

Ter-Thok and Hans - ?

Krugor - ?

Raelyse - ? Though inevitably involving being an ass.

And because I'm a biased little writer, I'm going to be trying to slip at least two of my own characters in there. Probably Sanoë and Hana, not sure about Rabhya.

Don't forget, though, I still am not sure everyone will be able to get into the video. Though considering the length of the songs, it might not be hard. :)

Here's the list of song suggestions thus far: http://www.althanas.com/world/showpost.php?p=38570&postcount=18

Kai
10-11-06, 01:48 AM
heh

Kai: going to be doing one of the most sacred and secret move of all time to a poor victim ... no its going to be perfectly legal, just wait until lvl 1 pm me for a detail

Krugor
10-11-06, 04:53 AM
Krugor: Either him kicking Rheawien's ass with a 6 feet mushroom or him battling an ostrich. Whatever you think is better. Or maybe just him cooking in the background. He's a shy guy ;)

Cyrus the virus
10-11-06, 07:06 AM
Use Billy Idol's Rebel Yell :p

Falcon Darkflight
10-11-06, 07:32 AM
Canen and Kai should feature in a small sparring spree. Perhaps have Kai's fist smack Canen in the face, who reels back and quickly charges a dark matter orb in retalliation.

Chiroptera
10-14-06, 01:27 PM
This sounds like an awesome project! If there's anywhere you think you'd want a short girl with a big sword, feel free to use Eltarri.

streak101
10-21-06, 04:49 PM
if you dont have a little scene for Banda, I guess I could imagine him fighting in some tavern brawl, or you could stick him battling some giant of a thing. I got a song that would fit him perfect if you want.

Empyrean
11-03-06, 05:19 PM
Alrighty, guys! I'm still organizing all thus stuff in my sketchbook, so don't worry, it's still underway. One way or another, this thing is gonna get made. :D

I have a few more song ideas in mind now, but I do have a question for everyone - how would you like the video done to one of the Final Fantasy themes? And, uh, is that allowed or would there be some copyright infringement I'm not aware of?

Bearded Gnome
11-03-06, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure, but you definately have to do it to One Winged Angel. Sephiroth's theme song from Final Fantasy: Advent Children. The genius of Uematsu has never been so...genius. XD

Empyrean
11-03-06, 06:01 PM
Hell yes. That's the one I was thinking of just then.

Nobuo Uematsu outdoes himself every time.

Cyrus the virus
11-03-06, 06:18 PM
Dancing Mad is so much better, but it really depends on how long the video's going to be :p

Don't worry about using FF music in your video.

nekoprince
11-03-06, 11:02 PM
Maybe I'm a Lion, not Nobue but still pretty good. I never really liked Sephiroth too mcuh, but that's only my opinion.

MaxBlade
11-07-06, 12:33 PM
I know I'm new but I have had a little experience inthis so I say this is a good idea. One of our moderators at GUA did things like this for his quest, every time he had an upcoming...(I'm SRY I can't complete my sentence I'm crying right now dead serious) Everytime, he had a quest that he was going to do, he would make a movie trailer for it. Pstr2Bliva. OMG I think I'm about to start Boo-Hooing again. Dammit.

AdventWings
11-07-06, 01:03 PM
Phew! Looks like you're overwhelmed with requests, Gina! I hope I'm not adding another burden to your arms when I ask for the involvement of my Girls in this.

If you want some scenes involving non-ravishing romance scenes (i hope you understand what I'm saying), a soon-to-be-completed quest involving Raelyse, Yamihara and Murakama could well do the job. I'll provide a link if you're interested at all. It's called "Two Nobles and a Tramp" but the name can be changed to something better if you want. ^_^

As for songs, eh. No preference as of the moment, since I mostly listen to Anime-inspired music. :D

Good luck and have fun!

Empyrean
11-07-06, 07:09 PM
Because I'm sometimes an organizational nut:

Not that I didn't like all the suggestions or anything - but here's the edited list of songs I'm considering using for the video, going by how they'd fit the mood and speed and stuff.
And, uh, me being a little biased.
I'm thinking of maybe using one song as the main theme, but also sticking bits of these other songs in there if I can. So, in bold are th songs that I'd like as the main theme, and in italics are the ones I'd like to use bits and pieces of, perhaps. What do y'all think?

Cloud Nine - Evanescence
All That Iā€™m Living For - Evanescence
Iris ā€“ Goo Goo Dolls
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor ā€“ Drowning Pool
TNT - ACDC
One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu
Liberi Fatali - Nobuo Uematsu

Using One-Winged Angel would just KICK ASS.
You know, if I can actually make some weird mix of all these songs...it would be awesome beyond belief.

Max: Thanks. :) Yeah, I'd like it to be a movie trailer/music video type thing. Maybe even find a way to get that green preview thing before it, too.

Yami: Thanks. :) You're a sweetheart, so of course the Girls are gonna be it. I'd love to use a scene from Two Nobles and a Tramp! I have the perfect thing in mind. :)

Which reminds me, also, if anyone can think of more non-fighting scenes for their characters, that'd be great. I'd like to show every aspect of storytelling if I can, not just the kickass fighting scenes.

Also, here's the updated list of potential characters/scenes in the video. This still has to be whittled down, but I just want a reference for myself. ^^;

Bryn and Jared - A scene from Chapter 5 of their story, when they're down in the Underworld, if it's okay with Vickie and Duro. I have a great idea for that.
Anenfel and Izvilvin - Their fight scene.
Kit and Inari - There's a lot of sweet stuff that could go for these two.
Feru - Possibly her turning the warlock into a mouse.
Tarry and Storm - fight scenes from Escape from Radasanth/Return of the Monster
Leon and Witchblade - Their current fight scene.
Salil - Taking off the mask.
Josh - Doing...uh...martial art-y things.
Kaiser Nightwind - see below
Canen - small sparring spree
Sarah and Seth Dahlios - Cell cage fight.
Luc Kraus - Either standing in a thunderstorm, cape blowing, or just kicking some ass.
Banda - tavern brawl
Ter-Thok and Hans - ?
Krugor - Kicking Rheawien's ass
Raelyse - something assole-ish
The Girls - quest scene
And my three characters, hopefully.

Letho
11-07-06, 07:48 PM
The Bryn and Jared scene is cool with me, in case you're wondering. Also, if you're looking for non-fighting scenes, you could use Letho's and Myrhia's first meeting. I could give you some more info about it if you'd like to use it.

Nice choice of songs, by the way. Strangely enough "All that I'm living for" is playing in my Winamp right now. :D

grim137
11-07-06, 09:02 PM
For a non-fight scene heres an idea in an upcoming solo I'm writing Tarry's going to be crucified to death on the top of a mountain in Salvar. Just a thought.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
11-07-06, 09:37 PM
Feel free to toss Zieg into that mix if you'd like...

Cyrus the virus
11-07-06, 10:59 PM
You kick butt, Empy :D

AdventWings
11-08-06, 12:46 AM
Wot wot? We definitely need a scene for the Demon General, folks!

I could suggest a scene, but I don't know which would suit him better. Him leading an army into battle would look so kick-ass, though. :D But~ that would mean a hell lot of heads to draw as well... O_o

Ack. I'm so indecisive. ^_^;

Empyrean
11-08-06, 10:42 AM
Letho - Good song, ain't it? :) Yeah, that'd be good if you could link me to their meeting. Thanks.

Grim - Awesome! I like that.

Zieg and Yami - Um, yes. Of course Zieg will be in the mix.

Matt - Yes, I know. Thank you. :D

Alearto
11-11-06, 09:57 PM
Well, I just got to Althanas and I haven't done any RPing yet (and frankly I don't find my initial character interesting enough that he'd be worth the trouble of putting in a movie). But I think this is a fantastic idea, and I really look forward to seeing it. Sounds like you have some great characters/plotlines/music picked out.

By the way, mad props for including AC/DC in the song list. I'd also like to recommend, if you're including Liberi Fatali and One-Winged Angel, Nobuo Uematsu's Maybe I'm a Lion from Final Fantasy VIII. Sorry, I had to mention that, it's one of my favorites on the soundtrack and it always seems like a great build up to a dramatic fight, and for the fight itself.

Maybe by the time you finish this movie and move on to the next one I'll have a character to include, but meanwhile I'll keep my eyes open for this movie to be finished!

grim137
11-28-06, 05:26 PM
Grim - Awesome! I like that.

To bad I decided that's not going to happen anymore, I'm going to have Storm kill Tarry instead.

Zerith
11-28-06, 08:55 PM
I love you for coming up with the idea for this. Of course, I'd love you even more if you Zerith made an appearance in the video somewhere.

If you do, you can have him just riding his horse somewhere or charging into battle.

Or have him standing before the Ruins of Kithdur in Fallien.

hamnat
11-28-06, 09:15 PM
hey! what about the scene where Shen blew up that giant spider? that was cool!!! It ain't a movie about Althanas if it doesn't have large, flaming spiders....

Lady Blackwell
11-29-06, 07:57 AM
i would like to add here that my new guy although no thread are curently done right now owuld be awesome in there i guess by thread im thinking up can go well in there me and two other fighter (go to my recruitment thread in rp corner) they beggining if we fight alot of creatures would be awesome three fighters killing mass creatures and im thinking something along the lines of down with the sickness by disturbed then again it really depends who gets involved and who wants to take part and what they think for the scene part

Torin Reahkari
11-29-06, 02:50 PM
Because I'm sometimes an organizational nut:

Not that I didn't like all the suggestions or anything - but here's the edited list of songs I'm considering using for the video, going by how they'd fit the mood and speed and stuff.
And, uh, me being a little biased.
I'm thinking of maybe using one song as the main theme, but also sticking bits of these other songs in there if I can. So, in bold are th songs that I'd like as the main theme, and in italics are the ones I'd like to use bits and pieces of, perhaps. What do y'all think?

Cloud Nine - Evanescence
All That I’m Living For - Evanescence
Iris – Goo Goo Dolls
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor – Drowning Pool
TNT - ACDC
One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu
Liberi Fatali - Nobuo Uematsu

You can totally use Torin walking around or whatever. Cause he rocks.

But you MUST use Tenth Man Down..that song just kicks too much ass NOT to use.

Empyrean
11-30-06, 05:29 PM
I'll have to look for that, Torin. Thanks.

PS, I have a couple of new songs in mind, fist and foremost being Demonheart, by Luca Turilli. I love that guy.

Except, considering the lyrics, which talk mainly about a female character, I might just save it for a different video. But I won't get too ahead of myself.

I have a lot of idea sketches I'll try to scan tomorrow, when I will have more time.

EDIT: Anyone who wants to hear Demonheart can listen to it at this awesome music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1BLW7xSetI) for one of my favorite anime shows. You can tell me whether or not you think it'd be a good song for an Althanas video, or just enjoy the video. Because it rocks.

Empyrean
12-20-06, 10:45 AM
Okay, guys, I've been doing some thinking....I've decided to use "One-Winged Angel" for the main music, because it is just that awesome. And yeah, I know that it's probably being used by everyone and their mom for AMV's and what not, but I really have some good ideas for scenes to fit in with the rhythm of the music.

But if I can, I'd like to put in clips of other songs, like maybe make it into a One-Winged Angel remix sort of thing. I know I'd like to use part of "Whisper 2002" and "Cloud Nine" by Evanescence, part of "TNT" by ACDC (if I can find an mp3 of it), and maybe mix in some of Liberi Fatali (and Maybe I'm A Lion, if I can also find that.)

Anyone have recommendations for computer programs that mix clips of music together?

Cyrus the virus
12-20-06, 11:20 AM
I don't know of any program that works on anything but MIDI's :(

You should throw in the exciting part of Dancing Mad while you're at it ;)

Max Dirks
12-20-06, 11:25 AM
Use the Advent Children remix of One-Winged Angel if you can't edit. It's much more lively.

Krugor
12-20-06, 04:55 PM
If you want to do some music editing I suggest using Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). It's a pretty easy and straightforward piece of software, that's also of relatively small size and completely free! :D

Hana
12-21-06, 11:48 PM
Krugor, you rawk and you always have, so don't ever stop, you crazy mushroom man. :D I'll check that program out ASAP.

Max - Yeah, i was planning on using the AC version. Wait, do you mean a remix of the AC version or is that considered a remix in itself? I dunno.

Cyrus - You're always talking about Dancing Mad. Is it really that good? And is there a MIDI file of it floating around on the web somewhere that you can link me to?

Cyrus the virus
12-22-06, 12:26 PM
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/ff6dancingmad.mid

It's really long :p It gets good 2/3's of the way in. Try to listen to the hole thing. When you're not fighting Kefka, the song's a lot more boring.

In the meantime I'll try to find a better one, as this one isn't great.

Empyrean
01-09-07, 12:05 PM
Hey guys! I downloaded the Audacity program and started editing soem Evanescence and Final Fantasy tracks. I worked on a practice mix yesterday for quite a while, and I've uploaded a teaser for you guys.

Keep in mind, I'm not all that good at this yet, so it's still pretty rough. But it's going to sound almost the same in the fianl project.

Whoohoo, this is finally going somewhere. :D

Download a teaser of the music for the animated movie! (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5C29C18B5CC9D73C)

Farmboy
01-09-07, 02:00 PM
I think you used the wrong ver. of One Winged Angel. (Only if you were going with the AC ver.) Other than that it sounds good. Just polish it up spme more obviously, but yeah, it's good.

Cyrus the virus
01-09-07, 08:51 PM
Sounds good, even if I'm not a big fan of Evanoben :p

hamnat
01-11-07, 12:27 AM
I thought the demonheart song would go good as an introduction, for presenting the characters and such...but I'm one unsung opinion, which from my experience is nothing...either way, I liked most of the songs you put into that mix...as long as they aren't that jumbled up of course. :P

Empyrean
01-30-07, 11:37 PM
Thanks, guys. :)

I've been working on the music (and the drawings for the animation, too, I promise) for quite a while, and I scrapped pretty much the entire teaser from before. Because it sucked.

not that I can say this one is all that much better. I like to think it is, but there are a lot of rough spots and places without a good flow, or an unsteady beat. But I'm really liking how this one is going. it's a little less than half done, so I still have quite a while to go.

Here are song clips included in this teaser:

Hallelujah (cover) - Imogen Heap
Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy (I. Love. This. Song.)
Points of Authority - Linkin Park
Weight of the World - Evanescence
DEMONHEART - Luca Turilli

Download the beginning of the movie music! (http://www.sendspace.com/file/rbcpdz)

And be sure to add some constructive criticism if you can! This video is going to be about your characters, so feel free to suggest what you think might add to the mood of the music or whatever.

But please, nothing like "wtf this band sux big time why did you use that song, n00b..." Even though I know you're going to be thinking, "What's with her taste in music...?"

Also, I'd really like some advice on the flow in the beginning. Is there anything you think might sound good right after those vocals at the beginning? Let me know!

I'll be scanning animation ideas as soon as I can. :) This project is fun!

Karuka
01-31-07, 01:00 AM
Sweet mix.

*Approval*

chumley
01-31-07, 01:47 AM
I think we should see if Danny DeVito wants to do voice work for this movie.

hamnat
01-31-07, 06:03 AM
*bows to your awesomeness* it was a bit strange. Try to close the gap in the transitions, because the sound fades out whenever there is one. Other than that, it was cool music to listen too. I could picture the title when the second segment started.

Empyrean
01-31-07, 12:06 PM
I think we should see if Danny DeVito wants to do voice work for this movie.

Seeing as his one role in an animated movie was a short lecherous satyr, that could be very interesting indeed.

Actually...that gave me an idea. It would be cool to have people record clips fo them saying something badass and threatening for their characters. Cheesy, yes. But also amusing.

Hamnat - Yeah, I have trouble with transitions. Mostly because editing it means messing up the timing, something I have yet to figure out.
Glad you can picture the title during that second part, though, that's what I was hoping for.

Rajani Aishwara
02-01-07, 06:05 PM
I'm not going to ask that you include my character in this movie, seeing as I haven't finished even one of my threads yet, but it would be cool to see his ship in the background of a scene or something.

The music was good though it wouldnt've been my first choice to throw LP in there. I loved the beginning with the vocals and all. You should consider mixing classical choral music (gregorian chants and secular hymns) with techno. I don't think I've ever heard a good mix of those two before.

Bohemia
02-01-07, 06:09 PM
How about a scene of Jon puking up his guts after a bender?

Empyrean
02-02-07, 12:39 AM
The music was good though it wouldnt've been my first choice to throw LP in there. I loved the beginning with the vocals and all. You should consider mixing classical choral music (gregorian chants and secular hymns) with techno. I don't think I've ever heard a good mix of those two before.

Thanks. Imogen Heap's vocals are great. And yes! That is exactly what I want to do. I've been trying to find a good techno beat without a whole lot of extra stuff on it that I can sync some classical and/or orchestral stuff to. It's surprisingly hard.

And I'll throw your character in there. I want this to have lots of people, if possible.

Bohemia - Maaaaybe for a laugh. :D

Atzar
02-02-07, 12:52 AM
Feel free to use Atzar or Khariss, if you'd like. Atzar hasn't done too much yet, but Khariss has already tried to take over the Bazaar and the Citadel... and he's not even a level one yet ;)

Bohemia
02-02-07, 12:59 AM
Like, maybe after all the fancy violence, and emo scenes of characters sitting on the rooftops and staring at the moon, and after the credits, boom! Easter egg of Jon with some skank. He mumbles something like "I think you gave me something..." then ker-blam! The less than reputable woman has to stand by while he pukes.

That would be pure concentrated awesome. People watching it would be like, "Who the hell is that? That's the worst fucking character ever."

Empyrean
02-02-07, 01:45 AM
I love that idea. Seriously, I would be so amused by that.

It could definitely be after the credits. I even have cheesy video game music and/or funny background music for that. :D

I will totally do it!

EDIT: Atzar, you're in. Most likely. :)

Bohemia
02-02-07, 01:49 AM
Psst, I'd suggest maybe the Aquabats or MC Chris for something super cool as Jon vomiting with some random woman. They scream "nerd" or "goofy" or "stupid". Heh. Anyways, aside form that I'll need to catch you on AIM at some point, or just appear at your house and try to wrestle your dad. You're in the same boat as Raven.

Farmboy
12-14-08, 02:19 AM
Whatever happened to this unadulterated piece of awesome?

Saxon
12-14-08, 01:11 PM
My guess is college. It consumes us all one day or another.

Farmboy
12-14-08, 02:32 PM
That's too bad... I would have loved to see Empy's art in action. Especially how she would have done my battle with Cyrus way back when.

Empyrean
12-14-08, 10:23 PM
To answer your question - trust me, this idea is still floating around in my head, and it's looking way less crappy than how I'd originally envisioned it. My first official animation class is next semester, and I'm anticipating doing some test character animation of Sanoe to practice. :)

One way or another, I'm gonna make this thing!

Farmboy
12-14-08, 10:34 PM
Alright, sounds good Empy, just a small udpate every now and again would be cool. At least so we don't lose all hope as I had when seeing the thread had gone inactive after a long while. :D