PDA

View Full Version : Time for payback

Otto
01-09-15, 09:28 AM
Otto recently lost his dead wood NPC best friend in a dragon attack, and he wants to even the scales.

I would like to purchase (or at least drool obsessively while staring through the glass display case at) a masterwork steel spetum, two metres along the haft and one metre along the double-edged spearhead. It must be strong enough to pierce dragonhide, whether through enchantment or supplementation with higher-tier materials such as delyn or prevalida.

Enchantments

This will be a weapon of cold fury and revenge. It is always frigid to the touch. Whoever wields it will feel uncomfortably clammy as long as they do, and gain no warmth from the sun or fire. They will also feel emotionally distant: all things will pale to insignificance, except for a calculating hatred towards all winged, fire-breathing reptiles. The chilliness manifests itself in a much more useful form as well: few fires can harm the wielder, as even the fiery breath of an adult dragon will become no more lethal than a spray of scalding water. Certainly not harmless, but no inevitable death sentence either.
Although the weapon is sharp, strong, and rigid enough to pierce a dragon's hide, once embedded in a creature it is flexible enough along the flat of the blade that it cannot be snapped off by the press of muscle. It does maintain its cutting power, so the wielder can run the blade through flesh and rack up damage.

If possible, I would like to apply for a RP discount due to the vignette (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28218-Tales-From-The-Day-of-the-Dragon&p=240398&viewfull=1#post240398) here; the events there give Otto the necessary inspiration for him to work his enchantments. I also have an ability which provides a discount on steel items, linked to in my character sheet, although I understand this will not be implemented if the Bazaar requires me to use other materials for it.

Thanks, guys!

Hysteria
01-16-15, 04:20 AM
This is an interesting one. So if you want to be able to peirce Dragonscale then I'd say get the strongest metal you can. I can't really just enchant steel to be as strong as prevalida.

The second enchantment I would suggest not getting. If you have a strong metal, that should be enough.

85% defence against flames would cost you 1800 (2x enchantment, prevalida). Add the discount for your vignette, 1620.

Otto
01-16-15, 04:39 AM
Cheers, mate - sounds good! I'll have to wait until my windfall from the Long Game comes through, but I'll let you know when that happens.

Otto
02-09-15, 06:23 AM
Alright, Hyst my man. Make it so!

Hysteria
02-09-15, 06:28 AM
Your money is mine!

Gold deducted, please to this thread as proof of purchase.