PDA

View Full Version : ACR - The Great AP System Debate

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-13-15, 03:53 PM
So, as you may have seen, Max Dirks has put up the beta test of the AP system to see how it works. And from my private conversations with several of y'all, there are people who are both adamantly for and against such a system even existing.

On a special episode of Althanas Community Radio that will be recording next Tuesday, I'm looking to hold a debate that will hopefully shine light on the possible good and bad things that would come from such a system being implemented.

I'm looking for two volunteers that are in support of the proposed AP system, as it is currently written by Dirks.

Please post here if you are interested in joining the debate.

Tobias Stalt
01-13-15, 05:42 PM
I'll go ahead and throw my name in the hat, because I don't think it's the worst possible thing to implement.

Mage Hunter
01-13-15, 07:20 PM
Standard Lincoln Douglas format?

Sulla
01-13-15, 08:42 PM
I'll be representing the against side for this.

I'm more versed in Parliamentary Debate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_debate), and since I believe it will be 2 on 2, it should function better. Of course, I'm not sure if Andy is acting as a teammate or Speaker.

We can always keep the rules more fluid if need be. I'm not sure who has experience with this sort of thing, and I don't want advantage because I'm familiar with the format. I do, however, want to be called the Leader of the Opposition, because that sounds so sweet.

Tobi, you'd get to be Prime Minister!

Tobias Stalt
01-13-15, 09:40 PM
So I can channel Tony Abbott?

Hysteria
01-14-15, 03:24 PM
For the love of all things thayne resist Tobias!

Tobias Stalt
01-14-15, 10:44 PM
For FEMINISM.

Christoph
01-18-15, 07:25 AM
I'll argue in favor. I had a hand in some parts of the new system, so the least I can do is defend it.