PDA

View Full Version : Exploring the Pit {Tarot Hierarchy} 2 Electric Bugaloo

Cards of Fate
01-21-15, 08:24 PM
It had been a week since the glorious delicacy that is pizza entered the world of Althanas. It's creator, Vincent Cain was sitting in his "nest" amongst the library in the house of cards reading up on the odd amount of culinary books that seemed to have found their way into the library. It was a quiet day, rain pouring overhead on the surface. The door to the library rustled and suddenly a familiar face poked his face into the room. "Vince you awake?" he asked comically. It was a well known fact Vincent was almost always found in his library, and when he did sleep it was in a dark corner of the room with a blanket and pillow.

"Im in the center Ioder!" Vincent called out. Soon a small young man poked his head around the corner carrying a large amount of bags, far more than a youth of his apparant age should be able to. "I went supply shopping! Do you wanna make pizza again?" the angel asked grinning. Vincent put down his book and grinned. He had very few freinds in this new world, but Ioder the Angel was one of his closest. Standing up he snatched two of the bags the youth was precariously carrying "Sure, you're gonna have to lead though I don't remember the way just quite yet." he replied. "Of course Vince!" Ioder exclaimed leading the way.

Ioder
01-21-15, 08:45 PM
The two friends walked the now frequent path through the hallways. It seemed that all their free time when not training, studying or on a mission was spent in the kitchen. The two’s friendship when deeper than just two operatives of the same group, they made pizza together. As Vincent and Ioder reached the kitchen they unloaded the few bags of produce and such. At this point the pair had taken it upon themselves to tend to the kitchen as if it were one of their duties.

“Ioder, the rice goes there remember.” Vinnie said pointing to the wooden box on the far counter. Between the two of them they had really brought life back to the kitchen and the entire Pit seemed to reflect that.

“How could I forget.” Ioder returned with a smile. “Alright now put a log on the fire and lets get started.” Ioder had started to try to toss the dough last time the bake a pie and he was eager to try again now. The two started the ritual of the pizza and had fun putting the final touches on it and slamming it in the oven.

“Lets check it in about ten minuets.” Vincent said as he sat down at the island counter and resting his arms on it to get comfortable.

“Good deal Vinnie.” Ioder said as he sat down. “So, I cant believe I haven’t asked yet but Vinnie just where are you from?”

Cards of Fate
01-21-15, 08:59 PM
Vincent paused at Ioder's question. "Well so remember the day we made the pizza I told you I'm from another world right? Well that world is called Earth." Vincent said sitting on his usual counter. "It's a lot like Althanas really in that the climates seem to reflect each other. However there's no magic in earth as far as I'm aware." Vincent added. "A world without magic?" Ioder asked curiously. "How did you guys ever get anything done on a large scale?" he asked. "Out technology had advanced much faster than it seems to have here in this world." Vincent replied kicking his feet idly. "It was the year 2014 on our calendar when I arrived here, although humanity had been around for much longer, our calendar is a little silly compared to how we do things on Althanas." Vincent paused.

"I owned a machine called an automobile," Vincent began. "With a turn of a key it's engine would roar to life and I could drive around like a carriage, but it was much faster and smoother. It wasn't even particularly rare, we had whole highway systems to accomadate thousands of these 'cars' as the traveled." he paused for a moment. "Running water was almost commonplace back home, if you didn't have it you were considered out of touch with civilization."

Ioder gawked at the concept. "That's amazing!" he exclaimed. "What was your home town like?" Ioder asked. Vincent paused and thought of a way to think about it. "Think about the largest city you've seen in this world, it was probably that size with triple the population. We could build into the skies in large towers of buildings, we had tenements but not as rundown or shitty as they might be in the slums. you could cross the town in half in hour in your car, they would have larger cars called busses driving around that you could take from place to place if you didn't have a car. It was...amazing compared to this worlds towns."

Ioder
01-21-15, 09:19 PM
Ten minutes had passed as Vincent told tales of his home world. It sounded like a place where great success could be found by means not accessible in our own. It was a world where science prevailed and is the foundation of everything. Ioder had a hard time grasping the concept but was still very much intrigued by it.

“I’ll check the pizza.” Ioder said as he stood up and grabbed the oven mitt. He open the door of the oven and grabbed the stone slate the pie was baking on. The cheese and crust we both the perfect color of golden brown and the aroma of Italy filled the air. Or at least that was how Vinnie described it to Ioder. “Looks good, I’ll let it set for a while.”

“Yeah, while we wait why don’t we go for a walk?” Vincent suggested, there was still a lot of the pit that hadn’t been used yet. It would be a good way to kill time. Ioder nodded and joined his friend the was still a whole wing that he hadn’t even looked through yet.

Cards of Fate
01-21-15, 09:31 PM
This wing seemed almost empty aside from a set of stone stairs that led deeper yet into the pit. The most notable room looked like some form of massage parlor. However when they headed deeper in Vincent recalled that he had in fact been down this way before. "Ioder you need to check this out!" Vincent exclaimed as he rushed ahead. It was here the hallways were more carved rock tunnels, the floor was uneven, and lighting was scarce. Vincent vanished into the darkness and for a moment Ioder panicked. "Vince wait up!" the angel shouted taking off after his friend.

When he caught the scholar he was squeezing through a decently sized hole in the wall. "Vincent what are you..." the angel asked right as Vincent popped through the hole and out of his vision once more. "You'll see," the scholar called out behind him. Ioder morphed into a smaller form and walked through the hole with ease before reverting back to the shape he had been taking. "What is..." Ioder asked as he glanced at the large chamber they were in. It was the size of a football field with a domed roof that at it's highest point stood thirty feet above the floor and ten feet at it's lowest. The entire roof was caked in florescent moss that seemed to light the entire room in a dim shade of green.

"Welcome to what I dub our training room my friend." Vincent exclaimed holding out his arms to gesture to the whole room.

Ioder
01-21-15, 09:48 PM
It was simply the greatest thing Ioder had seen since pizza, which he had only seen quite recently. But this dome shaped room was perfect, just enough natural glow to really be used. Enough room for Ioder to train his aerial combat skills and plenty of room to have more than one sparing matches going at once. It was truly sublime but strange that there was no actual entrance to be found along any of the walls. Almost as if it wasn’t meant to be found until now, was this chamber used for ancient rituals long ago and sealed up to be forgotten. Who could know but it would suit the Tarot’s needs well.

“I cant believe this place.” Ioder said taking in all of the room utter glory. Ioder didn’t often have the attention of the other members as everyone often work on their own agendas but if he could snatch Alyssa or Tobias for a good match this would be the place. “Vincent, this place will be great! When do you wanna start your training?” Ioder said hinting to his friend that now that they had the facilities on hand they could put some real training time in.

“Err…” Vincent struggled to find words, he was flattered but Ioder could just as easily find a more competent member to train in combat. Why him? He waited a second before saying anything. “Are you sure you want to train me?” his question struck a wrong cord and Ioder’s face soured but in a gentle way.

“Of couse Vincent, I couldn’t live knowing I could have prepared you for anything. That means getting you combat ready.”

Cards of Fate
01-21-15, 10:02 PM
Vincent chuckled and struck a cheesy karate pose from one of his favorite martial arts movie. "Let's do it right here right now bro" Vincent said waving his hands like a goofball. "What in the Thaynes are you fucking doing Vincent," Ioder said trying not to laugh. "It's an ancient earthern martial art, mantis man style." Vincent said with a straight face. "Uh huh, sure" Ioder replied taking a more practical ready stance of his own. "If you want to do this be my guest," Ioder called out. "Brrrrrring it!" Vincent said flamboyantly rolling his R's.

Ioder dropped down and dashed at Vincent who with a loud "WTAAAAAAAAA" spun out of his way surprisingly fast, or at least faster than Ioder had thought he could. Clear of his angelic freind Vincent flung his arm around with a "WOOOP" and bonked Ioder lightly on the head "Quivering palm technique!" Vincent shouted trying not to laugh. Ioder was guffawing at Vince's shenanigans and cried back "Angelic kick" as he planted a light kick square in Vincent's chest. "Oof" Vincent grunted as he fell flat on his ass laughing. "FUCK that hurt!" he said between bouts of laughter. "You ok bud?" Ioder said offering him a hand. "Yeah, just wasn't expecting that." Vincent replied taking his hand and lifting himself onto his feet.

Ioder
01-21-15, 10:14 PM
The two continued to kid like teenagers for a little while longer before deciding that their trained would wait till another time. Both squeezed back through the hole in the wall and stood in the darker hallway for a moment. Ioder casted his zealous gaze into the unknown that laid father in the darkness of this underground fortress. Though he didn’t feel like lighting up like a glow stick he wanted a general assumption on how far the un explored corridor went. “Vincent, count the second for me okay?” Ioder said as he raised his gantlet that holstered his mini yew bow. “Count only until you hear it hit the end.” Ioder instructed. Vincent nodded and Ioder let his arrow soar into the unknown.

“One, Two, Three, Four…” Vincent managed before he heard Ioders arrow hit a wall. Then again he heard it as it hit the ground, but once more as if it hit not the ground but a step. Then another and another, it was clear that at the end of the darkness was indeed more darkness yet to be explored but the newest tenants of the pit. “You heard that right?” Vincent asked Ioder.

“Yeah, but that’s a job for another day.” Ioder said as he ushered them back towards the kitchen.

Cards of Fate
01-21-15, 10:20 PM
The two exchanged small talk as they went occasionally passing by an open door with another member of the Hierarchy whom they would exchange small pleasentries with. It occured to Vincent that this might be what living in a dorm would feel like. As they entered the kitchen something seemed amiss though. Both the doors had been shut when they left, but now they were wide open. "Someone couldn't have..." Ioder muttered rushing ahead of Vincent. Panicked the scholar followed suit and they both entered the kitchen to fine where their pizza had been was a note. "FUCK!" Vincent roared slamming his fist on the stone counter. "Oww fuck again," he shouted as he nursed his hand.

"IOU one pizza...." Ioder read sadly, "Signed Leona." He continued. "WHYYYYY" Vincent yelled dramatically, he was looking forward to that pizza. "You know my rule about questions!" they heard Leona shout from the distance.

Ioder
01-21-15, 10:51 PM
“Vincent!” Ioder exclaimed as his head turned to his partner. “Ioder!” Vincent matched him in both speed and excitement. They were both astonished that Leona heard them from all the way down the hall. They were bursting with pizza craving energy scramble for the door. Ioder first then Vincent second both in a very cartoon-ish manor run down the hall toward Leona’s room.

“You know what we told you last time!” Ioder yelled as he panted trying to catch up to their pizza steeling leader.

“You have to share!!” Vincent finished as the both slammed up against Leona’s door. It was firmly locked from the inside and neither Ioder the seraphim or Vincent the scholar dare tamper with Leona’s door. If it was lock it stayed locked. Both have be given vivid descriptions on how she can just by the slightest influence alter their futures.

“C’mon open the door!” Ioder said as he started to bang on the door frame, taking care not to damage it.

“We made the Pizza! At least give us some of it!” Vinnie pleaded through the key hole. The lock turns and the door opens. Inside Leona sat at her personal table with the pizza nearly half devoured. She points to it and the chairs at her table. The boys sit down and join her to some pleasant pie.

Philomel
01-22-15, 06:35 AM
Name of Thread: Exploring the Pit {Tarot Hierarchy} 2 Electric Bugaloo (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28654-Exploring-the-Pit-Tarot-Hierarchy-2-Electric-Bugaloo)
Type of Judgement: No Judgement
Participants: Ioder and Cards of Fate

Rewards:

Ioder (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?17424-Ioder) receives:
240 EXP
22 GP

Cards of Fate (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?17720-Cards-of-Fate) receives:
205 EXP
22 GP

Due to this thread having less than 500 words per post, EXP and GP are awarded on a post count of 5 posts all together.
Total Word Count: 2390

Lye
01-29-15, 10:30 AM
EXP & GP Added!