PDA

View Full Version : Floor plan!

Cards of Fate
01-25-15, 05:44 AM
So to celebrate our new OFFICIAL HQ, Sei (Leona) and I spoke a bit about the layout of the base. Ioder and I had done some basic groundwork in our two "Exploring the Pit" threads that were short almost Vignettes about mapping out the base. Using those details and some of Sei's ideas on the layout I have come up with a rough map on MSpaint to help everyone make that mental map of theirs not so mental anymore.

The rooms (Aside from those who already have a purpose) have been numbered and as people move in and claim them they should do so by making a request here in this thread and I'll edit into a list below so people can look at the list and the map and figure out who lives where. I'd make a formal edit to the map itself but MSpaint is mean and doesn't like me too much.

Aside from the already mapped out areas we still have PLENTY of space to explore downwards. We already know that a portal to Khal'Jaren's library is somewhere down there and are working on a thread to discover it. We also plan on having a dungeon space, a Vault, and possibly many more. Eventually as we fill out our major Arcana list and start to add more people (hopefully) we will quest and add new features to the base. Keep an eye out for OOC posts in this subforum, I may start recruiting for additional "Exploring the Pit" threads that will add new features. With each feature we add I'll make a note of it here in this post and put the names of who found it next to it for bragging rights.

Special rooms that have been found thus far

The Kitchen/Cafeteria
Discovered by Vincent and Ioder
This kitchen is in dire need of some repairs, having once boasted running water the pipes seem stopped up and only a handful of stoves and ovens littered around the kitchen are in actual working order. The "Dining Room" is in need of actual furniture, very few tables still stand and none of them seem exceptionally trustworthyTHE

The Training hall
Discovered by Ioder and Vincent
This large cavern is located in B2 and boasts the square footage of a football field. It's ceiling is domed and covered in florescent moss that makes it easy to see in the room without it actually being bright. At it's lowest height, near the walls, the ceiling stands at 15 ft in height, and at it's highest point it stands 45 ft above the ground.

The official room list

1. War Council
3. Stella
12. Rayleigh
13. Alyssa Snow
19. Alyssa's Workshop
20. Joseph T'vorall
26. Luna Akuma-Koibito

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8573/16694351676_1a1e21c98a_o.jpg (moar map)

Alyssa Snow
01-26-15, 09:46 AM
Awe, Alyssa doesn't get a room? Sad face! And what about access to a tinkering lab to maintain her guns? I deserve special treats...

Ioder
01-26-15, 12:13 PM
You sure do Alyssa! Why don't you take two rooms take out the wall dividing them and bang! Plenty of space

Cards of Fate
01-26-15, 12:17 PM
Of course you have a room! I just didn't want to slap people in random spots without their consent. That being said we could give you two rooms for your tinkering lab or we can organize a thread in which we establish one! Just take a gander at the map and tell me what room number you want and I'll edit your name onto the list!

Alyssa Snow
01-26-15, 12:20 PM
Then 13 & 19. I'll keep them separate so I have a place to sleep and a place to work. I assume the content of the rooms are up to us?

I like being near the library and cafeteria. ;3

Ioder
01-26-15, 12:34 PM
I'm still unsure about my angle with Ioder and the Tarot but I chose the room closest to the entrance so I would at least give everyone time to organize if we are ever under assault. You all welcome lol

Alyssa Snow
01-26-15, 01:48 PM
I took the liberties to fancy up your floorplan:

House of Cards Dorm Map (https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7421/16187607570_85c2ed9920_o.jpg)

My thoughts are those larger, closer to the door rooms should be reserved for first responders or high ranking combatants, or those with room needed for studies, meetings, etc.

Cerock
02-01-15, 06:47 PM
I'll take room 23. Heh

Rayleigh
02-02-15, 11:48 AM
Ray will take room 12! She and Alyssa can tinker together in the shop across the hall.

Alyssa Snow
02-02-15, 11:58 AM
Yes! I have a new neighbor! I should get on my solos to bring Celeste into the mix (a deer-centaur lady alchemist).

Cards of Fate
02-02-15, 03:04 PM
Changes made

Alyssa Snow
03-04-15, 09:26 PM
Check out the rough layout and map Cards and I did together in stream:

CLICK HERE!!! (https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8573/16694351676_1a1e21c98a_o.jpg)

P.S. It's a Big'n.

Ioder
03-04-15, 09:40 PM
Whoa :0

This is way beyond what I imagined. You two don't disappoint.

Leona Stevvains
03-04-15, 11:57 PM
There a reason we have a morgue, dungeon, and trophy room? Seems a bit excessive.

Alyssa Snow
03-05-15, 12:28 AM
What? The underground garden lit by luminescent rock and mage light isn't excessive? I figured the morgue would be more like a place to autopsy and store unusual corpses killed or altered by magic. Also a place where our own dead can be processed by our people to determine cause of death beyond the normal Joe in the hodge podge elven establishments nearby.

The dungeon would be a place to keep traitors, dangerous entities, or creatures isolated and contained. Let's say they capture a vessel of a forgotten one or maybe a fellow allied gone crazy with exposure to raw Tap energies. God forbid anyone war us for our HQ and we need prisoners of war. Plus, it's a great place to haze the new guy and tell spooky stories about.

Now the trophy room is more like a museum than anything. Taxidermied Dur'Taigen, Gorian'Fel, and similar creatures can be mounted here for viewing, research, lore, and general coolness. Remember that time we fought a flying fortress? Well here's a bit of the heart that pumped life into it and a plaque with some lore. Remember the older generations of Tarot members? Well I don't, but these old portrait paintings with strage scripting under them of a forgotten language sure are cool.

Are those reasons not good enough? I'd like to think we may have even skipped a few cool ideas for rooms and chambers. Come on Leona, get excited about this as much as Cards and I are!

Leona Stevvains
03-05-15, 07:06 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am excited and you've done a great job. However, it is hard for us to continue to be a secret group when we've got Umbrella Corp under the Red Forest.

I still think the trophy room should go, taxidermied stuff could go to individual rooms and portraits of old members could dote the hallways or the War Room. The Morgue is kind of useless as well in my rooms. If we keep the dungeon it needs to be smaller, or at the very least renamed to something more appropriate, like "The Case", "The Box", "The Blank", or "The Sleeve".

Alyssa Snow
03-05-15, 09:47 AM
The threads that have been written and judged only cover parts of the east wing and the floors above. The other wings have yet to be written or discovered. The map was just an idea of what Cards and I thought would be in the undiscovered parts. So, it's still very open to interpretation and change.

If you want stuff added or removed, feel free. Would have been nice if you were on Skype last night as we did this. :/ You own this PG, HQ, and run all features. What you say goes.

I would like it if you, Cards, and anyone else wanting to contribute get together and do a little "At a Glance" or Wiki detailing the parts of the HQ you want to be canon. I won't do any formal maps or whatever until everyone is satisfied. The sizes are all off anyway. I won't give an honest "to scale" effort until we cement some of this.

eXgTurbostar
05-06-15, 12:43 PM
Room nr. 25 plz! right between the 'booze area'(food storage) and the 'party room'(Mess Hall): Ariel likes to keep her ale mug filled and drink it with (future) friends...maybe even visit the workshop or library when she gets bored and bother people around. I'll be doing some editing to the map in PS6 if you don't mind...will post the result later.

Also would it be too much to request room nr. 18 as a personal training room? walking all the way to B2 would be a pain for her:D. Ofc I could do the secondary room claim in a thread with cameo appearances from the others as they react to the ruccus Ariel does while demolishing the rear wall to make another entrance from her room's side. Just a thought.

v1 (http://i.imgur.com/2AwZQqA.jpg): simple
v2 (http://i.imgur.com/pkexo67.jpg): with the training room

P.S. Kimba is Ariel's companion

Cards of Fate
05-06-15, 07:30 PM
Id prefer we left training to B2 if at all possible. The top floor barely has all of the room needed for the Major Arcana as it stands without others claiming spare rooms. We may revisit B1 over time and remove Alyssa's Tinkering room if needed.

Alyssa Snow
05-06-15, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't need one if we had the emperor and empress rooms.

Ioder
05-06-15, 07:35 PM
Should we discuss that we now have some npc that need boarding aswell? I figure that we can just assume they stay in the lower quarters for now or are on the road with me. But even still they need attending.

Rayleigh
05-06-15, 07:40 PM
I'd love if we kept Alyssa's tinkering room since Ray shares it. I don't really see a reason to start removing rooms until we absolutely have to though.

Cards of Fate
05-06-15, 08:07 PM
Well Alyssa, if we ever finished the Ai'Brone thread we could get right into moving into our new rooms/discovering them...

Also Idk if it's still there but B3 should have extra living quarters for NPCS

Sir_Creno
01-20-16, 04:05 PM
Okay guys.

I was told to do this so I'm picking Room # 10 if it's available. I'll outfit it with shizo later on. But for now that's my pick :D

FennWenn
01-21-17, 08:02 PM
I bumped into this thread while trying to find out who Stella is.

Fenn claims room fourteen as his if it's available; it is now where he hoards all of the shinies he can't fit on his person. And also the place he stays when he's actually at the House I guess.