PDA

View Full Version : Solo-quests?

Winter
10-09-06, 08:45 PM
Also known as short stories. Is there a length limit so that they can be judged for experience? Is it possible to forfeit experience for a skill or knowledge to be added to your character without having to level up?

Breaker
10-09-06, 08:50 PM
To the best of my knowledge, all quests (including solos) need to be at least 10 posts long in order to receive experience.

You can request things like skills, knowledge, items or gold at the end of your quest as spoils. And yes, generally this will lessen the amount of EXP you receive. I hope that answers your question sufficiently.

Meow
10-09-06, 08:51 PM
yes there is a minimum of ten posts and 1000 (or something) to get experience.

And you can ask for a skill or knowledge or item for a quest, just make an OOC note at the end for what you earned and the judge will determine how much, if any, exp and gold is taken out of the reward and you can use them before a level up.

Winter
10-10-06, 06:01 PM
Well, battling won't be an issue!

Thank you.

Elrundir
10-10-06, 06:03 PM
I believe it's also a policy that, even if you are awarded a skill from a quest, you won't be able to use it until your next Character Update.

Winter
10-10-06, 06:57 PM
My post somehow ended way up there. The forum had a bug or something, but I had actually posted here. Odd.

Meow
10-10-06, 07:56 PM
I haven't seen any new rule about spoils, I know if you want to keep using them past level up then it needs to be approved but nothing stopping them in between. You might be thinking of abilities that are supposed to automatically grow with a level up, players have to get the upgrade approved at level up.

Cyrus the virus
10-10-06, 08:01 PM
There have been quests under ten posts that got judged. It depends on the overall quality, I suppose, and how many words per post there are.

There's even been a quest of one post that got judged, inexplicably, so you never really know.

Witchblade
10-10-06, 09:21 PM
Yeah, apparently all vB boards are being plagued with the same thing. It should pass... hopefully. If not, just do as I do and blame everything on Santh. ^^

Witchblade
10-10-06, 09:24 PM
When you judge a quest it's not just the amount of posts that come into play but the length of them as well. A quest with ten short posts is fine, but a quest with five much longer posts will still get judged and received experience. So don't think you can trick us judges by just making more posts, we look at length too. ^_~

For abilities and skills. If you gain a skill or level up an ability in a quest you can use it in any following quests as long as you're not abusing it. But you can't use it in battle until you've done your level update.