PDA

View Full Version : A New Podcast

LordLeopold
10-10-06, 03:02 PM
The newest Althanas podcast, recorded yesterday. (http://www.box.net/public/static/yrr41hqjo3.mp3)

I must warn you all that, because of a mistake on our part, the mp3 recorded at a higher quality than usual, and hence is the largest file to date, at around 19 megs. If this is a major problem for anyone who wants to download the podcast, PM or e-mail me and I'll see what I can do to put up a lower-quality, smaller file. Other than that, enjoy!

Storm Veritas
10-12-06, 09:08 AM
Liked it a lot.

It's hard to say what I think about the smaller mod group issue. As is, we have enough mods that the mods work essentially on a part-time basis, and their contributions as mods can come secondary to being an active member. Were this to change, we'd likely have several mods that would be pulled further away from playing.

They would certainly be effective, but how do you come up with those that would stay, and those that would go from the mod staff? I don't think the personnel hashes out right; there aren't six or seven mods that are skilled enough to be empowered in all this AND respected by everyone in Althanas. From what I've seen, I'm not sure there is ANYONE that is respected by everyone.

And it's a shame. Because having fewer mods would add accountability and make the role definition much easier. Be easier to see who is or isn't carrying their slack.

As for Admins, I'm pretty much indifferent. Were there less mods, then the need to keep them away from each others' throats would theoretically be lower. As it stands now, there could certainly be some benefit in better defining the roles of our admins, so that members with a beef regarding mods know where to turn.

Cyrus the virus
10-12-06, 09:49 AM
Indeed, very interesting. I agree with just about everything you said about mods and administrators, integrating PG's with regions, and that sort of thing. I don't know if one writer would be best in the long run, though. Unless we have someone ridiculously skilled, a lot of the regions would adopt this sort of feel that links them to the others, and some of the individualism would be lost.

I think the only way for us to move forward with the mending of the huge mod force is to fire those who go inactive, and not replace them. Asking someone to resign, even for a good reason, could set 'em off, and I don't think any of us has any issues with any particular mod. Meaning we wouldn't want to hurt feelings :p

Perhaps the best step to take, mod wise, is for all able moderators to request powers in other sections of the site. I'll request OOC powers so I can help with the spam threads, for instance, and I'll become a judge (if the other mods think that's a good idea), and judge a thread once a week, or every two weeks.

Yeah, think I'll get on that.

Dissinger
10-12-06, 03:04 PM
Not going to give much here, there was some stuff I agreed with, some I disagreed with, but I think this podcast won't be discussed very much.

For the most part I believe that because the average user can't even see the mod forums. They have no basis in discussing this one unless they have been a mod, or are currently a mod. SOmething I think will hurt the discussion in this case.

Sven
11-11-06, 08:18 AM
wow that is awesome we have podcasts. sorry im late but im gonna go get them!

woohoo =]

*takes a bite of witchblade's cookies*

Tshael
11-11-06, 10:31 PM
I had a ton of trouble hearing it, even with my speakers turned all the way up. Any way to remedy that?