PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Community Radio 25 - Haggis

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-09-15, 08:09 PM
Episode 025 - Haggis (http://www.spreaker.com/user/althanaswb/acr-episode-025-haggis)

It's another controversial ACR for you this week, as our expert crew breaks down each of the eleven teams in the 2015 Adventurer's Crown! We were totally out to hurt some feelings tonight! (It's not that bad, really...) Also, our intrepid hosts answer your questions, discuss the idea of an alt cap for events, debate about boxers and briefs, and totally hate on certain boring cereals eaten by certain boring members of the website. Also, Andy drinks some questionable soda and Tobi breathes an awful lot, because he's a monster.

All this and more, on Althanas Community Radio!

Rayleigh
02-09-15, 09:00 PM
Rude. XD

Alydia Ettermire
02-09-15, 09:14 PM
Re: annoying editing, this thing has a time limit. I'm concerned about clean and clear from my teammates, not perfect. (Except for Doctor Flames. He'd darn well better be perfect.)

And dream team... well. Taking from the registrants...

Mine would be Alydia, Whispers, Alyssa, and Ranger (all posting in a timely manner). Partly because that gives Aly a Bladesinger to troll (it'll help keep her out of trouble) and it gets some balls rolling for some stuff Flames and I are musing on. Also because there's no way that team wouldn't go forward.

My other one would be likely (but not sure) to go forward, and it would be The Mongrel, Seigfried, Blodwen, and Idara. I lobbied so hard for a Sass Damage group. It didn't happen. :/

I'm pretty happy with the groups I got. So long as we all post timely, I see both of my characters moving through to the next round. (But timely posting from everyone is a HUGE concern of mine.)

As far as rust goes, I wouldn't be that concerned about good writers who are coming back to a familiar character. Quite often, it's like putting on a comfy old shirt that you'd forgotten about and finding that it's still comfy. What I would be concerned about are established writers who have new characters that they're really just meeting for the first time with this venture, like Cory's Idara and Philo's Blodwen (and the other new characters of good writers). It's one thing to DnD 'em, it's quite another to write them. Maybe Andy could write Maddy on auto-pilot, but though I've hammered out Illara's backstory pretty well, do I have a grip on her present? Can I make her believable in the situation I'm throwing her into? I dunno. Can I do with Aly? Of course I can, because she's been there, done that, stolen the commemorative coffee mug.

Flames of Hyperion
02-10-15, 04:44 AM
(Provisional!) Aye, I had best be perfect. Though I shall never attain it, I will never strive for less!

Not to mention that aside from Madison, I'm fairly sure that Touma's the only one with interest in Pode's continued survival...

(You're all too kind. Really. Thank you ^^)

Christoph
02-10-15, 10:21 AM
As far as rust goes, I wouldn't be that concerned about good writers who are coming back to a familiar character. Quite often, it's like putting on a comfy old shirt that you'd forgotten about and finding that it's still comfy. What I would be concerned about are established writers who have new characters that they're really just meeting for the first time with this venture, like Cory's Idara and Philo's Blodwen (and the other new characters of good writers). That's a fair point, actually. Rust probably has more of an impact on promptness than quality, most of the time.