PDA

View Full Version : Likely Absence

Elrundir
10-14-06, 03:45 PM
I just have the bestest luck, don't I? Two weeks before mid-terms and my laptop sees fit to crash and burn. The harddrive appears to be dead so the computer won't even boot up. I'll be seeing what can be done about it ASAP. Hopefully my school notes can be recovered at the very least, otherwise I'll probably have to spend the next couple of weeks driving myself into the ground trying to retake them in time for the midterms.

At any rate, depending on how everything works out, I may or may not be around much over the next little while. I'll keep you updated as much as I can. Until then, take care!

Winter
10-14-06, 03:52 PM
Awwww, I was hoping you could join Spellbirth! Bloody computers, unreliable.

Sorry dear, I hope you get back before it starts.

Breaker
10-14-06, 04:24 PM
Ackk, there's nothing I hate more than re-doing work I already did. You have my deepest sympathies.

Elrundir
10-15-06, 12:07 PM
I've got an update, and it's not pretty. ^^;; Apparently the hard-drive is physically damaged or something (despite the fact that I never did much with it besides leaving it on the desk at home or school), and the techie said the data likely can't be recovered. So... I dunno what I'm gonna do next. I guess I'll just have to see what happens.

Elrundir
10-20-06, 06:47 AM
Hate to double post, but I have another update! My computer is back up and running now. Had to format the hard drive so all my data's gone, unfortunately, and that puts a little bit more work on my shoulders from now on, but it's nothing crippling so I'll muddle through somehow. And on the plus side all the random crap I downloaded over the years has been wiped clean. :p

Winter
10-20-06, 08:05 AM
Hooray for computers! Now you can join Spellbirth!

Now I have no excuse on delaying the beginning of the lovely story.