PDA

View Full Version : This Althanian Life

Sulla
03-10-15, 12:19 AM
Since I intend to do more than one episode (and I hope to get this thread stickied here), I'm going to open up the show to the community for volunteers, as well as ideas for episodes. So far, I have:

01) Sapphosaurus Rex: The Fallacy of PbP Amazonomachy. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29091-This-Althanian-Life-Episode-01) Or Women on Althanas and Fantasy Roleplaying.
02) Canon Fodder: The Root of Fantasy Race Lore and Althanas. (Guests: Christoph, Otto, Zook)
03) Crossing the Rubicon: The Line of Villainy and Violence on Althanas (Guests: Aurelianus, BlackandBlueEyes, Manda)
?) ???: Probably something to do with sex and character relationships. (Philomel, Luned, ?)
?) Cultural Appropriation (Guests: Christoph, Luned, Flames)
?) Powergroups (Guests: Lye, Silence Sei, Cards of Fate)
?) Inspiration (And Maybe Plagarism) (Guests: Mage Hunter, Luned?, Cards of Fate?, ?)
?) Fantasy Powers and Abilities (Guests: Lye, Cards of Fate)
?) Joke Characters?

I'm putting it to you Althanas! I want some new ideas for topics.

And I want a wide and varied range of guests willing to appear on the show. I'm not sure when we'll get to them, but whenever we can make time, we'll schedule something. All I ask is that you have a functioning microphone, and are willing to record on google hangouts.

Potential Guests:
Erirag (Manda) - 03) Crossing the Rubicon
Zook (Matt) - 02) Fantasy Race one
Mage Hunter (Pat) - ??) Inspiration and Plagiarism
Philomel (Ailsa) - ??) Sex and Relationships
Luned (Sarah) - ??) Sex and Relationships, ??) Inspiration and Plagiarism
Lye (Jack) - ??) Powergroups, ??) Fantasy Powers and Abilities
Cards of Fate (Fred) - ??) Powersgroups, ??) Fantasy Powers and Abilities, ??) Inspiration and Plagiarism
Silence Sei (Cal) - ??) Powergroups

Zook Murnig
03-10-15, 12:21 AM
As I said in chat, I'd love to take part in a discussion of fantasy races, if I can fit in with the already awkward timing.

Erirag the Poet
03-10-15, 12:27 AM
I would be interested in Cross the Rubicon. Possibly Maybe.

Mage Hunter
03-10-15, 12:40 AM
I would be down for inspiration and plagiarism.

Erirag the Poet
03-10-15, 01:17 AM
Cultural appropriation would be a topic I'd be interested in hearing about.

Philomel
03-10-15, 06:37 AM
*raises hand*
Me? Shove me into something I can be useful in.
I can totally do the sex and character relationships one.

Up to you maestro.

Luned
03-10-15, 07:05 AM
Sex and relationships? Well yeah. Also maybe inspiration/plagiarism? I've got a modest background in IP stuff.

Logan
03-10-15, 08:12 AM
Fantasy abilities. There's a whole slew of wonderful intricacies within to discuss!

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-10-15, 08:22 AM
Seconding a discussion on abilities, their perceived importance, tropes involving them, and how to craft your character's ability suite in a fashion that allows you to do more with less.

Lye
03-10-15, 09:01 AM
I can add to abilities if you'll have me. Powergroups as well.

Cards of Fate
03-13-15, 07:25 AM
I'd like to contribute to abilities and powergroups as well, possibly plagiarism and inspiration too. If you'll have me.

Sulla
03-13-15, 07:42 AM
I've updated the lists as I've received requests in this thread and in chat. Keep the ideas and volunteering for guest slots coming!

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-13-15, 07:46 AM
I have a lot to say about abilities as well. I'll probably end up discussing it on ACR; but I'd love to join the conversation here as well.

Alydia Ettermire
03-13-15, 08:10 AM
I could talk powers.

black shadow
03-13-15, 10:13 AM
Joke characters eh? hmmmmmmm..... This could be something I would be good to talk about! if only Hoytti was here to do it too.

Philomel
03-13-15, 06:12 PM
If you need another for fantasy powers and abilities ... pop me in there. Only if others are not available.

Zook Murnig
03-13-15, 11:00 PM
Sounds like you may need to make it a multi-parter for powers and abilities. Subdivided into magic and other types of powers, maybe?

Silence Sei
03-13-15, 11:20 PM
Or race specific abilities, seemingly overpoweredabilities, etc etc.

I'll take part in the joke cast.

Enigmatic Immortal
03-14-15, 12:53 AM
If you need help with Joke characters or abilities or whever you need me, I'd be happy to jump on.

Hysteria
03-17-15, 05:06 AM
When do you record?? TAT)/

Philomel
03-26-15, 03:45 AM
So I have been talking with Grumble and he's happy and rather wanting to make a pairing of it, with the two of us as guests for the price of one. We'd maybe be good in abilities?

Sulla
09-04-15, 05:53 PM
Sorry it has been so long, but with the difficulty of research, writing, and trying to schedule people together, as well as my own issues, it was far easier to not put one out.

This Althanian Life is planning to record a new episode come this Sunday, in hopes of getting something up for Althanas Day on Monday 7th. Anyone available in the afternoon is welcome, and I'm open to any idea for a topic, especially one related to Monday's festivities, probably something to do with the root of roleplaying and writing, how people came to Althanas, that sort of thing.

If we have any interested parties or suggestions/clarifications on topic, feel free to post them here!