PDA

View Full Version : First Deck Post - Sniper Mission!

Alyssa Snow
03-17-15, 11:20 AM
Hierarchy,

I would like to share my excitement with the approval of my level 3 profile update. Why am I excited? One of my character's core traits/specialties is now usable: long range sniping.

I have been dying to write a thread where Alyssa plays a recon/support role from a distance with her rifle. That being said, I want to open the floor to some ideas for a thread we can all participate in! My idea is that we would either need to eliminate some heavily fortified target because it is a threat to the Hierarchy/Althanas -or- we need to obtain a relic that either Leona or some text within our base has made vitally important that we obtain. This could also be a boss fight of sorts or mass initiation.

The factors we would need for this to play out the way I want would be many hostiles/guards, something where an eye in the sky would prove necessary, and something where we can up-play tension. Keep in mind, she only has three shots at the moment so her combat effectiveness is limited and must be used sparingly. Her primary role is relaying field information to ground forces (I would assume through some kind of psychic tether using Leona's deck and the associated cards to the participating members. Similar to a radio.)

So anyone have any suggestions or ideas for a mission? Anyone can participate or offer ideas. I'm excited and want to share a great quest with the group!

Ioder
03-17-15, 05:12 PM
Firstly I am all for a Hierarchy squad forming here!

I have been pondering this all day and im thinking that we could try to assemble some form of team. This could be the first IC Hierarchy team up of more than just one or two other character. This would give the newer members a fairly easy way of meeting the older members of the tarot Icly and Oocly. The hodgepodge team could be lead by one of the Major arcana(Alyssa) and would serve as our immediate response team for a while. I dont know, it was all just a thought.

When it comes down to what mission we would go on im thinking we need to for sure take one from the mission board (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28820-Mission-Board&p=245836#post245836) for our first. My vote is for The High Priestess’s Pentacle (Two Major Arcana + any number of minor arcana.) It would serve as a rather easy mission where some of my magics wouldn't be effective. Which in turn would allow others to help out where my character cannot.

Whatever becomes of this I am all for it!

Cards of Fate
03-19-15, 10:23 PM
Vince is super down, a team with Alyssa and Ioder? Toss in Joseph and we may have our dream team.

Ioder
03-20-15, 08:37 AM
So since we have at least three pieces to our team we should begin flecking out some of the details of the story. Assuming we want to take up a mission board quest, my vote still for The High Priestess’s Pentacle. This is one of the four items that the Hierachry first sought out to find along with the Chalice, Sword, and Staff. As of yet we only have possession of the chalice and I'm sure Leona would approve of furthering out original goal.

Alyssa Snow
03-20-15, 10:02 AM
Which Major Arcana was tied to the Chalice? If we choose to do the pentacle, we may want to see if Tobias is interested. He spent some time in Salvar and became one of their Witchhunters. Otherwise, we could use his ties with their group as a basis for the undercover team to infiltrate.

As far as other details, we know that magic is strongly prohibited, especially near the church. That being said, the moment the ground team uses magic or are discovered as users of magic, things can heat up. We can use that for the action part and Alyssa can support you in open areas. Her help will be limited in the building and only able to see through windows/openings.

I don't want to layout the thread too clean because that unpredictability will be more exciting.

Tobias Stalt
03-20-15, 04:31 PM
I'm in. Witch Hunter redux sends the tremor of possibility down my spine.

Ioder
03-21-15, 03:40 PM
I would really like to see some Minor Arcana appear in this thread also. C'mon everyone lets go show the world that the Tarot means buisness.

Alyssa Snow
03-21-15, 03:53 PM
I would really like to see multiple teams. If I were to get my way, Alyssa would be somewhat of the FQ moderator, relaying field info to groups as the progress inward. They can also bunny her to help them get info as well. We could do it like the ice reaver threads with two teams in two threads working on the same mission. One can be infiltration, the other can be distraction. Something to make this really feel like a formal militarized mission.

Tobias Stalt
03-21-15, 04:01 PM
...then do that?

Alyssa Snow
03-21-15, 04:10 PM
If we can get the team going then sure, but I don't want to lock down a swath of people for something. Even a small team is fine. Looks like Ioder, Vince, and Tobias are in. We can work with that if no one else is interested.

Cards of Fate
03-21-15, 04:27 PM
Star expressed interest earliuer but felt she had been ignored. During the skype call last night we got her interested, but a mission with her would be a little different than what we had panned. If we want I could rewrite one of the missions to be a better Multi team mission.

Tobias Stalt
03-21-15, 06:56 PM
We should try to get two cells, both of them suited to the purposes they're meant for. See if anyone wants to do like, recon/frontline, etc.

Ioder
03-21-15, 07:00 PM
I can lead a team on the inside. With my shapeshifting and Star's small stature we could easily infiltrate whatever compound we need too. But this is all Alyssa's call.

Cards of Fate
03-21-15, 08:15 PM
If you two do an infiltration team Tobias and Vince can do an assault team to cause a distraction for you. Something like you guys need to get the pentacle and we need to make sure they're all focused on us.

Rayleigh
03-23-15, 10:01 AM
Just expressing my interest. I'll think on this plot for a bit.

Ioder
11-03-15, 10:53 AM
Bump, so i think for the sake of reviving some activity in the PG we should seriously consider making some headway here. I'm willing to start the tread if need be.

Star Strike
11-03-15, 11:47 AM
Star expressed interest earliuer but felt she had been ignored. During the skype call last night we got her interested, but a mission with her would be a little different than what we had panned. If we want I could rewrite one of the missions to be a better Multi team mission.

thanks Cards -_-

Good luck you guys!!!!

Alyssa Snow
11-03-15, 02:50 PM
I'm okay with all this. I think we can do it on a series of topics. We could do it on the Alerians and their secret testing facilities. We could spy on Madison or the CH. We could also go a third route and take on a job issued by one of the nations about a large scale threat. Crops dying by the millions, children dissapearing, bandits on an unchecked pillaging spree, missing caravans with VIP targets. There's a slew of things we can try.

Does anyone have any particular ideas or should I whip up some elaborate thing for us to tackle?