PDA

View Full Version : Alert! Trade Disruptions!

Hysteria
03-22-15, 07:54 AM
Trade Disruptions!

“Dammit people I’ve had to sell those damned artefacts because you couldn’t bring me anything new!” Jack lent back in his chair and glared at the merchants sitting in front of him. The tiefling’s eyes were as cold as ice as the next sentence slipped from his mouth, “We had a deal.”

“It’s ok! It’s ok!” a slightly pudgy merchant said, “We’ve organised for extra patrols down the route, we’ll find out what is happening and get you your stuff!”

“You better…” said Jack, lifting his finger and pointing it at the merchant, “Or I’ll claim on our deal.”

Alright dudes and dudettes with the AC moved over to round 2 and a bunch of use being disqualified, time to roll out the featured battle I nearly announced the same day as the AC launched. This time sees us in West Corone just south of Radasanth. The trade routes have been disrupted by something and the merchant guide has sent patrols down to find out what is going on.

Rules:
Players will be thrown against a creature of as of yet unknown origin. Like last time we’ll have 48 hour posting between the DM posts. Characters that miss out get squished. There is no posting order in between DM posts. We’ll start with four active PCs, with a few red shirt NPCs thrown in for good measure. PCs will be allowed in as other PCs get kicked, squished or killed. PCs don’t need to necessarily be hired to police the route, you can be there to check out what is going on yourself, maybe travelling across Corone and hitched a ride, or whatever catches your fancy.

Powergamers get squished.

Reward Categories:
Lasting five posts
500 Gold
300 XP

Best Team player:
The Blue Robin:
A small metal robin, expertly painted to resemble the real thing. It can sing, fly around and generally be awesome. It can be used as a distraction through a psycho-kinetic link with the owner that allows he or she to control where it flies. It also contains as small amount of gunpowder, which can detonate in a flash of light, and burning anything it was touching. It is enchanted to recombine overnight.
2x Good Will of Corone: Single use 10% off a purchase of any Delyn or below purchase from the bazaar.

Alive at the End:
1000 Gold OR 2 Tier 6 Raw Resources
An event Badge
400xp
500gp

Best Death:
Death Haunts us All:
This small black stone appeared in your pocket without any memory of how it got there. Once a day it can be used to summon a terrifying visage, taking the form of the targets worst fear for two posts. (counts as high level illusion magic.)
200gp

The Hero:
Red Maiden's Cloth:
This length of cloth looks like a normal crimson scarf. However, when wrapped around a wound it will instantly fuse around the skin and stop the bleeding as well as numbing pain and restoring most of any lost mobility. The cloth is a metre long, and twenty centimetres wide, making it good for covering wounds to the arms or legs. A gentle pull by the person in which it is wrapped around will loosen it, as well as when the wound heals or the person dies.
The Blue Robin:
A small metal robin, expertly painted to resemble the real thing. It can sing, fly around and generally be awesome. It can be used as a distraction through a psycho-kinetic link with the owner that allows he or she to control where it flies. It also contains as small amount of gunpowder, which can detonate in a flash of light, and burning anything it was touching. It is enchanted to recombine overnight.
Good Will of Corone: Single use 10% off a purchase of any Delyn or below purchase from the bazaar.

The Villain:
Dagon’s Eye:
This small black eye came from a creature best not spoken of in polite company. It is about the size of a fist with a large black purple flecked with silver. Staring into the iris can cause the gazer to slip into a trance and their body and mind separate. They fall into a dimension half way between the material realm and a demonic reality. While in there they can move freely, completely unaffected and hidden from anything from each realm (although some magics might be able to cross over and some extremely spiritually aware might be able to detect them). The gazer can move and view events freely, but views both material and demonic realms at the same time. Anyone attempting this will have to view horrors that would drive a normal person insane.
The Raven:
A small metal raven, expertly painted to resemble the real thing. It can fly around and generally be awesome. It can be used as a distraction through a psycho-kinetic link with the owner that allows he or she to control where it flies. It also contains as small amount of gunpowder and a weak poison, which can detonate and spray the poison for a foot around it. If it makes skin contact it causes nausea for a post. It is enchanted to recombine overnight.
Green Sap – Oozing slime taken from the corpse of a rotting dragon, this sap can be used in any poison purchase for the bazaar and result in a 20% discount.

Most useless character (needs to get the five posts as well):
A Pocket Full of Coal:
This coal is about the size of a fist, and nearly leaks soot constantly. No matter what, no matter where, this coal will be in your pocket; slowly creating a build-up of find black dust that is a real pain to get rid of. Don’t have a pocket on those pants? Do now. This coal will make a pocket if there isn’t one. As a very slight benefit, you can throw the coal at people and it will appear back in your pocket a few seconds after hitting them (a post). It’s also useful for lighting fires, and will regenerate if burnt or destroyed.

MVP
500 Gold
Dreamer’s Helm:
This is a helm crafted from fine mythril. It is called the Dreamer’s Helm as it can shift the wearer for a short time (a post) from the material realm into a dream-like existence. During this time the wearer appears as a glimmering visage of beauty, unaffected by most attacks, magical or otherwise. The helm can do this twice a day.

(Alts can be signed up, but are pushed behind the other unique sign-ups)

1. The Coralian Outcast
2. Logan
3. black shadow
4. Fox Owen Xavier
5. Alyssa Snow
6. Leon Adalbert
7. Lloyd
8. Tankita Bananas
9. BlueGhostofSeaside
10. Bunneh
11. Dedalous
12. redrout
13. Smushing Pumpkins
14. Rayleigh
15. Zack Blaze
16. Core Beast

The Coralian Outcast
03-22-15, 08:00 AM
I hear daddy helped with dragon, I help with this.

Logan
03-22-15, 08:42 AM
Sign me up!

black shadow
03-22-15, 08:49 AM
Me me me!

Fox Owen Xavier
03-22-15, 10:16 AM
I would be interested but can't start until March 30th (Next week, Monday) since I won't be able to write on the weekend (March 27-March 29).

Alyssa Snow
03-22-15, 10:45 AM
Alyssa is in.

Leon Adalbert
03-22-15, 11:36 AM
If Leon is approved in time, he's perfect for this.

Lloyd
03-22-15, 01:26 PM
Dibbs

Tankita Bananas
03-22-15, 03:43 PM
Tankita Bananas reporting for duty!

Hysteria
03-22-15, 03:58 PM
(Thanks for reminding me fox)

There will be a week for registration, then 48 hours to post after the first post goes up.

Ashla
03-22-15, 05:55 PM
I'll see if I can get in.

Bunneh
03-22-15, 06:28 PM
I am so in. Go bunneh.

Dedalous
03-23-15, 04:27 AM
I'm down for this. Easier than making my own first thread.

Hysteria
03-23-15, 05:37 AM
Yoy might want to jump into something else as well, you're in the wait-list but you might not get a run (then again, you might come in at the end and get the reward :p ).

Dedalous
03-23-15, 05:53 AM
That's what I'm hoping for. But yes, I'm going to try and get at least one other thread going. Probably in the Peaceful Promenade. Thanks for the advice.

Hysteria
03-30-15, 04:37 AM
Thread is up!
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29178-Geology-Featured-Battle

As is a talk thread:
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29177-Geology-Talk-Thread&p=246390#post246390

And gambling thread!
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29179-Geology-Gambling-Thread

EDIT: I've also added in the rewards for the catagories.

redrout
03-30-15, 05:37 AM
I'd like to sign up

Hysteria
03-30-15, 07:25 AM
To be clearer, first round of posting is open. I'll post the reveal after everyone's done their intro :D

Silence Sei
03-30-15, 08:38 AM
Also, is it ok if I put Zack in as a back up should Tankita fail?

Smushing Pumpkins
03-30-15, 12:38 PM
Can I put myself on the waiting list? I'm sure that on the small chance that I get in on this, I'll likely be approved by then. :3

redrout
03-30-15, 01:10 PM
so all the characters are selected? Shucks

Silence Sei
03-30-15, 02:43 PM
Usually a list doesn't get full. If your characters are unused they get a consolation prize and sometimes are the first people contacted for the next event quest, If I am correct. Clarification, Hyst?

Hysteria
03-30-15, 04:15 PM
The list keeps growing, that's correct.

Redrout you're in, then Zack and smushing. Smushing, I assume you're someone's alt?

Smushing Pumpkins
03-30-15, 04:38 PM
Yep! Alt of Skie and Avery/Erirag the Poet. :3

Core Beast
03-30-15, 04:47 PM
If it reaches me I shall like to join this quest

Rayleigh
03-30-15, 08:22 PM
Hey, why not? Go ahead and add me to the list, please. :)

Hysteria
04-06-15, 07:27 AM
I've updated the list, I think I've put the two alts of people already registered down the bottom, let me know if I've missed one.

Also just to clarify as well, not every reward may be used. If no one is villainous, then no the Villain award for example.

Hysteria
04-07-15, 08:14 AM
Alyssa Snow, Leon Adalbert and Lloyd! You three are up! 46 hours (its late, I want to push the deadline forward a bit) to post!

Hysteria
04-08-15, 07:41 AM
*Pulls out poking stick*

Lye, Zook and Ioder, get you're butts in there.

Alyssa Snow
04-08-15, 04:55 PM
*is poked in the tush*

Hey, watch it with that thing!

On a side note, I hope to be of great use the the epicness of this battle!

Hysteria
04-13-15, 05:37 PM
I'll be posting tonight (12 hours ish), I didn't want to cut out Leon before the time limit, but couldn't post afterwards. So Leon had another 12 ish hours to post.

Zook Murnig
04-13-15, 06:59 PM
I'll try to get one in within the hour.

Hysteria
04-14-15, 05:57 AM
(20:28:10) Hysteria: roll of 1 to 4 and logan dies, role of 5 he gets hurt and 6 he miraciouly lands on a drakling body and suffers no more damage.
(20:28:14) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d6 and gets 1.
(20:28:20) Hysteria: well
(20:29:11) Althanas: BlackAndBlueEyes has been logged out (Timeout).
(20:30:13) Hysteria: Leon, 1 or 2 gets hurt, 3 or 6 nothing
(20:30:16) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d6 and gets 3.
(20:31:34) Hysteria: shadow, 1 oe 2 the acid in the dragon's guts burns him, 3 it blinds him, 4 its left to him to RP and 5 or 6 nothing.
(20:31:37) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d6 and gets 2.
(20:32:37) Hysteria: Alyssa, 1 to 5 nothing, 6 the guy in the field gets attacked.
(20:32:40) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d6 and gets 5.
(20:33:36) Hysteria: lloyd, while healing gets peirced by a crystal shard. 1 to 2 its a crippling hit, 3 or 4 small cut and 5/6 nothing.
(20:33:39) Althanas: Hysteria rolls 1d6 and gets 1.

I did some dice rolls so I didn't feel so bad. I took into account position, what happened in the last post and current wounds when I did the numbers.

Hysteria
04-16-15, 07:17 AM
Logan, Alyssa, Lloyd and Leon are out!

Tankita Bananas, BlueGhostofSeaside, Bunneh and Dedalous are up!

Its up to you all how you arrive. You can have more carts, perhaps come from another direction or something else.

Lye
04-16-15, 07:37 AM
Whelp, so much for me learning how to math. Nice job Alyssa. -_-;

Tankita Bananas
04-16-15, 07:48 AM
Gonna try to read and catch up on all that has been happening, but for those that don't feel like doing so, can there be a recap of what all is going on now? Did the wizard disappear and just leave us with a magicite dragon?

black shadow
04-16-15, 10:44 AM
so If someone would jump in and draw the dragon's attention, how I don't know, that would be great! haha!

Basically, Sei, dragon attacked, killed people, shards started exploding, dragon attack newcomers, alyssa launched Logan onto dragon, logan cut off colar, mage appeared, shadow shot collar off, mage dissapeared, and now dragon is going to attack Shadow. haha! that's basically it

Hysteria
04-16-15, 05:08 PM
Quick re cap:
About six to eight carts have been sent in. The first four were completely destroyed and are wreckage on or around the road. Black shadow is around this area.

Further away are more carts and people that have been encased in crystal. They were mostly destroyed by the dragon, but there'd be some people alive under the crystal.

The dragon has lost its right eye, and part of its face. The mage has dissapeared (ran away). The ground around the dragon has been covered by black oil like stuff.

Hysteria
04-18-15, 06:01 AM
I'm posting a bit early, BlueGhostofSeaside has until the next round to post. redrout, you're in!

Only limit now, please don't bring NPCs.

Silence Sei
04-18-15, 06:18 AM
So is it ok to still use my NPC who is inside Tankita?

Hysteria
04-18-15, 07:00 AM
Yep, he's fine (I actually meant to say he was fine, but slipped out of my head somewhere prior to posting that).

Silence Sei
04-18-15, 07:02 AM
Ok, just had to clarify, thank you!

Hysteria
04-20-15, 07:18 AM
Smushing Pumpkins and Rayleigh! You two are up! if you guys can get a post in the next 24ish hours, that'd be great. Otherwise I'll be posting tomorrow and then you'll have the standard 2 days.

Rayleigh
04-20-15, 09:02 AM
Edit: Hysteria, due to a series of unexpected events, I won't be able to dedicate the necessary time to this. I have no time at all until sometime next week. I'd much rather you give my spot to someone who can contribute more to this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience - I hadn't expected my turn to come around so quickly!

Hysteria
04-21-15, 06:46 AM
Zack Blaze! Calling Zack Blaze!