PDA

View Full Version : Ludwig van Beethoven? No, Edward Lodewijk van Halen

Of Course
03-25-15, 02:59 PM
The sound of a thousand hooves is like thunder as it rolls across the plains of Alerar. Windswept grasses bow and break beneath the cloud of dust that moves and twists. When at last the booming dies away and the dust clears, the horses are seen at rest. This is my home, my wondrous family. We'd found a pasture at the foot of the mountains where the grass was sweet and green, our noses clearing through brush and dry stalks to find the fresh growth. Nearby at the stream some of our number were drinking deeply while the foals danced and played in the sun. Shadow played along the herd as clouds overhead moved to shield and reveal the sun over and over.

We were unaware of the group nearby, sent out by a wealthy merchant to capture some of the wild herd - they wanted for 5 adults of breeding age, and 3 babies. I'd eaten my fill, and full of blissful ignorance found a place to rest beneath a small tree growing by the water. It was quiet out, save the splashing of water and the wind as it blew across the prairie. Here and there I thought I heard the sound of rocks shifting and moving nearby but the wind often sent small pebbles rolling, or even a wild dog could be nearby in it's den. I wasn't worried. I was only calm.

Open to any. You're in the horse wrangling party. I'm the horse. Of course.