PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Serenti Questions

Silence Sei
04-09-15, 10:48 PM
This is where you ask any questions concerning the 2015 Serenti Invitational. Have it!

Zook Murnig
04-09-15, 11:23 PM
When will it start?

Silence Sei
04-09-15, 11:42 PM
Honestly, I expected registration to be a little more slow goings, so at the moment, the start date is TBD, but most likely it will be pretty soon given the excitement for it.

Artifex Felicis
04-09-15, 11:51 PM
How long are the individual Rounds?

Is there a time limit to posting?

Is there a length minimum or maximum?

Silence Sei
04-09-15, 11:54 PM
Rounds will be two weeks long.

There is no time limit, but if one does not post within 48 hours of their opponents, points may be docked from wildcard. If, per chance, both players realize one of them may not meet this deadline, both players may PM me and tell me that they wish to waive the 48 hours in those occasions.

Post length minimum needs to be at least 5 posts each to qualify for rewards, though exceptions may be made.

Hysteria
04-10-15, 03:37 AM
It looks like many more than 16 people have registered, is it possible that we'll have another round and let more registrants enter?

And, as a second question, do threads get normal xp if they hit 10 posts?

Mordelain
04-10-15, 04:14 AM
How did I miss this? :confused:

Silence Sei
04-10-15, 07:19 AM
It looks like many more than 16 people have registered, is it possible that we'll have another round and let more registrants enter?

Nope. 16 is the cap. However if somebody chooses to drop between now and when the tourney starts, I will switch them out for the next person who registered.

And, as a second question, do threads get normal xp if they hit 10 posts?

Yes. Why would they not?

How did I miss this?

Because it was posted last night and everybody jumped on it like a shark on a bleeding manatee.

Aliander
06-06-15, 12:42 AM
When will the next round be?

Cards of Fate
06-06-15, 12:56 AM
A week or two after the last judgement goes up

Aliander
06-07-15, 12:59 PM
I've crossed America since then. It's been almost a month.

Rayleigh
06-07-15, 01:08 PM
There is one judge judging all threads, and the tournament was dropped in his lap due to unforeseen circumstances. Be patient.

Tobias Stalt
06-07-15, 02:01 PM
Generally I don't respond to impatient posts, because they're a particular pet peeve of mine. As this is addressed to/at me directly however, I will make a brief and (attempted) unperturbed response.

The Serenti is a tournament, which means that the writing is assumed to be at the highest level on Althanas. The responsibility of a judge is to provide accurate, detailed, useful feedback, as well as a fair and thorough judgment. To give anything less to any participant would be shirking my duties. The judgments already complete are not at the difficulty level of the sole judgment left to finish, and while I thought it would be finished days ago, the read and final verdict are proving more difficult than I first expected.

That said, judging is a service we provide to our users free of charge, by moderators who are not paid for their time. (Read: volunteers) They have lives outside of Althanas, and some are more burdened than others. Patience is appreciated and highly encouraged when approaching a topic, especially timelines for judgments. Consider that the admin in charge of features already keeps a tight leash on his staffers, and don't compound the spurring we already receive. It is incredibly frustrating.

Thank you for your continued patience,
Tobi.

Abomination
06-24-15, 11:59 AM
If it helps move things along, I'm dropping out of this. I still want exp and stuff, but I don't want to hold up everyone else.