PDA

View Full Version : The Giant (Recruitment Thread)

The Mad Scientist
05-01-15, 11:02 PM
Okay, this story is going to be based off the Titanic. Dr. Steam had been hired to make the first iron ship. This ship was meant to be a Passanger Ship that could safely cross the frigged waters that separate Eiskalt from Alerar. However, disaster strikes when they hit an Iceberg.

I want to see how your characters would react if they were on a this sinking ship.

I will allow up to 5 people to join me.

First come, first served.

Captain Ancient
05-02-15, 09:09 AM
I shall be the captain!

Rayleigh
05-02-15, 10:23 AM
Ray will absolutely be a mechanic hired to work on the ship's maiden voyage.

Zelrius
05-02-15, 12:21 PM
I could add twist and fun to this I feel like. I would like to play along.

Rayleigh
05-14-15, 01:13 PM
Hey, any more word on this? I'm really excited about it.

Logan
05-14-15, 02:15 PM
If the player behind Mad Scientist doesn't pop back around to push this, I'll be happy to spearhead.

Instead of a traditional boat, how would ya'll feel about an airship and tie it into Scara Brae stuff? Could even see this being more akin to a mini-featured quest, just not an actual featured quest...

(Note: I missed this thread when it was originally posted, oops).

The Mad Scientist
05-14-15, 03:14 PM
Sorry about that guy, I would still like it to happen, whether Logan hosts it or I do it doesn't matter. Logan, how would this work on an airship? This is after all based on the titanic.

Logan
05-14-15, 09:59 PM
Well, instead of the ship running into an iceberg, perhaps a lightning strike rips a hole through the balloon portion of the ship? There are lots of ways for a catastrophic failure to cause the airship to crash.

hoytti
05-14-15, 11:17 PM
Hmm, maybe it would be best to have you host it then. I think you would do better at it then I could ever do. You can also decide the new max if you'd like. I'm also withdrawing Captain ancient as he is more of a water ship captain then an airship captain... for now.

Rayleigh
05-18-15, 07:17 AM
I think a water ship would be easier, and a better story overall. With the lifeboats and such, I think we all stand a better chance of surviving that sort of wreck. Furthermore, we have a decent chunk of time to respond to a sinking ship. A falling airship... not so much.