PDA

View Full Version : Not So Friendly Beginnings

black shadow
05-05-15, 12:05 PM
Closed to Aryya (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29385-Aryya-(1))

Not So Friendly Beginnings

Another trap snapped up, missing Black Shadow by an inch. This was the fourth one within a small stretch of land, an obvious sign of life. He would find this person if it was the last thing he did. A close examination of the trap showed a small wire leading away from him. He grabbed the end studying it, trying to see if he could figure out what could have made such a destructive piece of work. A quick pull made the wire go tense, it was attached to something.

Black Shadow's senses went into overdrive. There was a crack ahead of him and the sight o a tree being torn to pieces caught his eye. He reacted quickly, diving to his left. The tree slammed into the ground just a few feet from his legs. Whoever had set these traps was out to kill him.

There was a quick crack behind him, and then a soft voice. "Dang..."

Black Shadow instantly moved, sending an arrow in the direction of the voice. He heard the familiar sound of the iron hitting a tree, but lost the voice. Where are you?

Aryya
05-08-15, 08:22 AM
"Dang..." Aryya said as she stepped to quickly in the wrong spot, a careless mistake. She knew that the man garbed in black that had followed her wold soon attempt to attack. Her movements were quick and well thought out usually, but one bad move had caused her to be placed in danger. The arrow missed her skin by centimeters, cutting through her sleeve. Never before had she been that close to death, and it was not something she wanted to go through again.

Aryya's heart began to race. What can she do now? The man knows where she is, he knows that her traps could have killed him, and now he was attempting to kill her. Fear gripped her heart. Okay... Here we go.

A flick of her wrist and there was a soft whirring sound. In her hands materialized her bow, a light purple color that appeared to be almost like a cloud. She smiled, it always felt good to be holding her weapon. She pulled back on her sting, nothing yet there. When she released the arrow she could here the sound of iron clashing with steel. "Yes!" she shouted, jumping out into the open. Instead of seeing what she expected, a dead or injured man in front of her, she saw the man, unharmed, garbed in black and standing before her.

black shadow
05-13-15, 01:32 PM
Black Shadow took a quick step forward grabbing the bow of the woman. Under his mask, Black Shadow's grin vanished as the bow disappeared. The woman smiled and sent her fist into Shadow's jaw. He attempted to dodge, but he moved too slow. The punch caused him to stumble back and give her enough time to retreat back behind the foliage. dang!

Black Shadow listened for the slightest sound. He waited until he heard a branch behind him move. Another arrow was released and the sound of a woman cry out in pain rang through the forest. Black Shadow slowly walked to where the sound came. he moved one of the large branches blocking his view. The girl was lying on the ground with his arrow in her leg.

"Gotcha!" The woman said smiling. Black Shadow stopped as he heard the voice, he knew that there was something up. He turned and attempted to run, but when his foot came up he realized what she had done. It was not long before Black Shadow was suspended upside down, a rope gripping his left ankle. He attempted to hold onto his bow but on the way up it caught a tree and fell.

"Ha! I always get my prey" She said, kicking him the the head and knocking him out cold.

Aryya
09-25-15, 12:10 PM
Aryya Was beginning to get tired dragging this man through the woods to her camp. He was less than 200 pounds but after a while that added up. It took her an hour to drag him a few miles to the place she needed him to be.

When she reached the camp she tied him up against a tree, ready to ask him the hundreds of questions she had for him. Why was he there? No one ever walked those woods. Why did he wear that mask? Where did he learn to use his bow? She wanted to know all these questions.

The man stirred awake slowly, noticing that he was tied up. Most people Aryya did this to attempted to escape, but this man did not. Instead he sat there perfectly calm, staring into Aryya's eyes. She became uncomfortable after a few minutes and attempted to ask a question to start conversation.

"Who are you?"

black shadow
10-02-15, 06:37 AM
Black Shadow sat silently (What else could he do though?) staring into the woman's eyes. When he was in a situation like this, Black Shadow had two options:
1) stay silent and get killed for not cooperating
2) stay silent and hope to get released

Black Shadow expected the second option to be the one the girl chose for him. From the time that she held him, Black Shadow concluded that she did not want to kill him, and she had no desire to hurt him. Finally the girl asked him a question, the usual "Who are you?". Black Shadow just continued to watch the girl.

"Okay, how about why are you here?" She asked. Black Shadow still stayed silent. "Oh come on, you have to tell me something if you want to go."

Black Shadow just continued to stare into her eyes. The more he did this the more she looked a little uncomfortable.

"If I untie you, will you talk?" she asked, receiving a nod from Black Shadow.

Aryya
10-26-15, 12:06 PM
Aryya was a little hesitant t untie the man, something about him seemed... odd, but she wanted to get her answers. She pulled out a knife and cut the rope, freeing the man. She braced herself for a volley of attacks, but none came. Instead the man just stood, grabbed a piece of the wanted posters that had been ripped from trees, and began writing on the back.

My vocal chords have been severed when i was younger. I cannot talk. Call me Shadow Why did you attack me?

Aryya read the note, feeling stupid for asking him so many questions now. "Well you were in my territory." She said. Black Shadow shook his head

So? You could have left me alone, or had asked me to leave. Trust me, it goes by a lot easier.

Aryya realized this man had probably been in her position before. "Here, let me give you something to eat." She said, turning to the fire. When she turned back to Shadow he held his hand out, holding a note that read, "Where did you learn to fire the bow?"

black shadow
10-26-15, 12:11 PM
"I've always loved it. It's my favorite weapon." She replied calmly. "Why?" She asked, again feeling stupid for asking.

Very few people know how to fire the bow. It's becoming a lost art.

"I agree." She said softly, looking to the ground, remembering her mentor. "It's sad honestly, ever since those guns were created everyone goes for those. No one cares if you have a bow that can shoot better than one of those blasted things."

Shadow nodded, turning his back from the girl and eating the food.

"I'm sorry, I should stop asking questions."

Black Shadow just continued eating. When he was done he turned back to the girl and wrote another note.

What is your name?

The girl felt stupid once more as she realized she never told him. "Aryya," She said.

Philomel
10-29-15, 10:19 AM
Name of Thread: Not So Friendly Beginnings (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?29428-Not-So-Friendly-Beginnings)
Judgement Type: No Judgement
Participants: Black Shadow and Aryya

Rewards:
Black Shadow receives: (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?16247-black-shadow)
410 EXP
45 GP

Aryya receives: (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?18201-Aryya)
220 EXP
35 GP

Rayleigh
01-27-16, 01:54 PM
All EXP and GP have been added.