PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment: the White Anchorage

Otto
05-30-15, 10:21 PM
Some months ago, dragons came to Radasanth (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28218-Tales-From-The-Day-of-the-Dragon&highlight=ay+of+the+dragon). We weren't ready. There was nothing that could hurt them. They set the city ablaze and desolated its troops, then flew away while we were still choking on the smoke. We have no idea where they went.

But we're going to find out.

Otto Bastum has spent the last few weeks scouring the remains of the city in search of a very specific list of professionals. He has a lead on where to find the information he needs, but it is deep within the Jagged Mountains. But he needs people to help him get what he wants:

Scholars with a knowledge of ancient languages and religion,
Travelers and survivalists, who can take him through the harsh mountains, and:
Warriors, to deal with all the trouble of a different sort.

So if you think Otto has approached you based on these criteria, how do you reply?

I'm looking for up to 3 other people to write with. I have a general idea in mind, but I'd also like to discuss the plot with everyone and get input from all involved. Posting time is not an issue; I myself am in several other threads, so I won't be writing in this too frequently. That said - no flakes!

Flamebird
05-30-15, 10:24 PM
Ashla's overconfident pupil needs to test her growing skills as a warrior. I'd be happy to join!

Alydia Ettermire
05-30-15, 10:24 PM
I've got a dog who's good at wildernesses.

And not exactly a slouch in the ass-kicking department.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
05-30-15, 10:29 PM
Oh cutter, I thought you'd never ask ;)

Rayse Valentino
05-30-15, 10:41 PM
Expressing interest.

Otto
05-30-15, 10:45 PM
Ashla - sorry, but we already have two threads going together. I'd prefer to open this up to people I'm not currently writing with/haven't written with much before

Sorry, Twitch - you're aware that Otto has a "kill Aure on sight" policy, right? I'd love to, but narratively speaking, I don't think it'd work.

Mongrel - you're in! Just keep your hands off my stuff... aw, what the hell. Like I could stop you, anyway.

EDIT: Rayse! It'd be great to have you on : )

Aurelianus Drak'shal
05-31-15, 06:30 AM
:P nah, I forgive you, cutter. I'll be trying for a post in Shrikehold soon anyway. :P

Erirag the Poet
05-31-15, 06:39 AM
I can offer a bard.

Otto
05-31-15, 06:54 AM
Bard good! Bard make words, bard punch thing, bard sing. You're in.

Otto
05-31-15, 06:55 AM
Okay, this recruitment thread is closed. Thanks to all applicants, and to those who're in - let's go on an adventure!

Alydia Ettermire
05-31-15, 08:43 AM
So three orcs and a nicotine addiction walk into the mountains...

Otto
05-31-15, 10:11 AM
First orc, see bear. Him say, "bear strong, good match!" He wrestle bear, but bear too strong, and eat orc.

Orcs go on. Second orc, she find wolf track, say "wolf cunning hunter, me cunninger, will hunt wolf!" She fall down hole and die. Splat! Ha ha.

Third orc, she think, then walk back to camp. When chief say, "Where other orcs?" she tell him "Mighty orc, I wrestle him and kill him, here his tusks as proof. Cunning orc, we stalk each other through snow, I find her first. Here her offering to Graalburg Mighty Hunter-God as proof."

Chief and clan impressed, they laugh! Then eat burning human to celebrate, have nice smoky flavour. Ha ha ha! Very old orc joke, very good.

Erirag the Poet
05-31-15, 11:51 AM
If that's the storyline we're going with, I'll let y'all post first. ;)

Rayse Valentino
06-01-15, 10:37 PM
I spoke to Otto and I'll be making an entrance a bit later in this thread. Hopefully by then I'll think up some way to make it cool. Taking suggestions!

Otto
06-01-15, 11:38 PM
Yep, was just going to say. Also: feel free to bunny Otto, everyone!

At the moment, Otto's just going to get everyone informed on what the plan is: go out of the city heading north, meet an informant somewhere along the road, and eventually head in to the Jagged Mountains.

Otto
07-23-15, 10:23 AM
Sorry for the wait, folks. Been hammered by uni recently, but I have been chipping away at another post. Hope to have it out in a few days!

Skie and Avery
07-23-15, 07:57 PM
No worries, Dave!

Otto
01-22-16, 11:32 AM
So I flaked on my own no-flakes thread; my apologies to all of you. I'm back and picking up writing now again, but I want to check if everyone here is interested in continuing this thread after I let it lapse so long. How're we feeling?

Karuka
01-22-16, 11:38 AM
I'm still in.

Erirag the Poet
01-22-16, 02:32 PM
Still in!

Rayse Valentino
01-22-16, 02:43 PM
Sure.

Draw me some pix tho.

Otto
01-22-16, 02:49 PM
Forgiveness pics. Can do.

Cheers!

redford
01-22-16, 03:03 PM
If anybody drops out, I volunteer.

Otto
01-22-16, 08:01 PM
I think technically I dropped out, but you missed the boat on that one. Sorry!