PDA

View Full Version : The hidden battle

Reiko
10-22-06, 08:04 PM
((Open to 2 or 3, part of the siege of Irrakam, but it isn't a big pitched battle. It's going to be stopping some powerful cultest from doing nasty things to sabotage the actual battle but there'll still be lots of action.))

Finally Kit had returned to Irrakam, and this time she could enjoy its beauty since the last she was in throws of possession. Kit smiled as she looked of the shop of the Zaki family armory. She was taking her daughter shopping while they were on patrol for her employers, the Zaki family as well and they didn’t mind. Both Kit and Inari were patrolling for show and if they were being customers of their employers than some of the money came back and it kept mercenary morale up.

Inari was enjoying this part best as she darted through the displays looking for things of interest. First she stopped at the armor, made especially for female warriors. “Mom, don’t you think this would look great on you and turn away enemy swords at the same time.” Inari giggled as she pictured her mom dressed in the form fitting armor.

“I think you would agree that I’d look pretty silly, it’d slow me down too much as well.” The three tails rubbed her daughters hair as she went to look at swords, predictable Kit.

Fat merchant Rasul Zaki came up with a smile, he was rather deceptive since he was actually quite the swordsman despite his girth, though he was no match for his sister. “I think this would suite you.” The round man held out a prevalida Kilij, knowing too well that Kit knew her swords. It was an awesome blade though it lacked the magic sharpness of Onitachi, but still it was quite a find that Kadenzaa couldn’t afford.

“No thanks.” Kit swished her tails and she looked to her daughter, who was now in Rasul’s sights.

“Aww an Archer I see, that is one of the finest bows you’ll ever see. Made from the bone of a desert dragon and ornamented with a feather from a phoenix tail. It’s magical as well.”

Inari smiled as she marveled at the fine bow, it looked almost like silver, except where the light of the phoenix feather reflected, and she could feel the magic too. “Wow!” Was all the fox girl could do while wagging her single tail.

“We can’t afford that.” Kit interrupted as she dragged her child out of the door. “Lets go see if there’s a thief we need to thrash.” Kit went out the door with Reluctant Inari in tow and looked to the sky. “Hmm a cloud, maybe we’ll get lucky and it’ll Rain!” Kit smiled but she looked around to see things were getting quiet but not sure why.

“Kit, I don’t like the looks of the place, there should be more people about.” Inari whined.

“Something makes me want to agree.” Kit nodded.

nekogirl
10-23-06, 08:24 PM
Kate Messa's face could have been compared to that of a small child's. The small cat girl seemed almost filled to the brim with energy, and rightfully so. A few short weeks ago, she hadn't even heard of Fallien beyond a couple herbs she knew of. Aside from that, it was like a large blank spot on her mental map of the entire world. However, when Lionel told her to go there to bring a letter to a certain man and pick up a small package, she took it up on a heartbeat. The Fallien herbs in Corone cost her too much to buy on a regular basis, especially tabasheer, her personal favorite of the Fallien herbs.

That all changed now that she had completed her task. It was almost too easy after the incredible hassle at the Outlander's Quarter's. She understood why the people did it. Fallien didn't seem nearly to loving as Corone in terms of sheer diversity. In fact, the girl hadn't seen another tail that wasn't attached to a horse yet in the entire week she had spent there. It was almost disconcerting to not have someone else even remotely of your own race near you, even if they were a stranger.

She hugged the bag she had received from the fallien man earlier. At first, Kate thought that the man was the one that Lionel was conferring with, but when a women came out, looking every bit as regal as the Queen of Scara Brae, and spoke to Kate, the cat girl knew. The store was prominent, though not nearly so much as Lionel's back in Corone. Then again, the cat merchant in Corone was also one of the shrewdest business men Kate ever knew. Lionel often sent his cat girl assistant around to gather fees and information about many different things, from average shops to taverns.

She snuck a peek at the small, clinking pack again, suppressing a wide smile. There was a small note within it, written in the woman's handwriting and address to Kate. The long and short of the note essentially said that the entire contents of the bag were hers, small as they were. There were two jars of Larkspur Flowers, two of Tabasheer and one of Larkspur flowers. He hugged the bag again, incredibly grateful that her trip wasn't unrewarded to Fallien. It also helped Lionel gave her a bonus on her pay, in case anything caught her eye while she was in the desert. The cat girl remembered why she worked for him. She scampered off into the shop area again, barely able to notice the people slowly beginning to trickle away and the noise to slowly die down.