PDA

View Full Version : Jumping.

redford
06-22-15, 11:51 AM
Is there any sort of rubrick to determine how high a character can Jump? I know that I want my character to get stronger as he levels, and I'm sure that would correlate with a higher jump, but I'm not sure if there are any formal rules on the subject. Any help?

Hysteria
06-22-15, 05:28 PM
There are no 'jump police' exactly. Like any movement it would be force and weight that would determine the height, and the judge of the thread making a call on if it was realistic. They are not going to pull out a calculator to work out the exact likelihood. In a general sense s strong character could jump further.

When you write your abilities you can include the details that are important to your character. For example, I talk about Talen's ability to throw objects in his strength. You might talk about him being able to jump further.

redford
06-23-15, 10:45 AM
That's part of what I was wondering. Would you all want me to list it as part of my CS? Because it seems that a higher jump would be a natural consequence of being really strong.

Irate Pirate
06-23-15, 11:01 AM
That's up to your discretion. If you can leap tall buildings in a single bound then yeah you might want to list that. If enhanced strength is one of your abilities (I haven't looked at your profile) then maybe you should mention being able to jump higher as a result in the ability description. If it's not enough to make a huge difference in most situations then I wouldn't worry about it.

redford
06-23-15, 01:05 PM
works for me

Cards of Fate
06-23-15, 03:01 PM
Jumps can be worked into agility or stregnth stats for me. Ive seen a few people have whole abilities dedicated to jumping, but thats rare.