PDA

View Full Version : wiki stuff

redford
07-02-15, 02:41 PM
hey anyone who knows of such things,

Who should I talk to about starting a wiki on the monks of Ai'Bron?

Hysteria
07-06-15, 05:54 AM
Start one!

If your looking for input, then you can post that here, or just do shout outs in chat.

redford
07-06-15, 10:40 PM
Another question.

Is there a god of the forge, craftsmanship, trade and the like. Something that the dwarves and some orcs would worship?

It would make sense to me if there was one, but I don't see any lore for anything like that.

Also, where in the site would I go to start a wiki like that?

Hysteria
07-07-15, 05:25 AM
All the wiki pages are here:

http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?328-Althanas-Wiki

I haven't seen anything about a god of the forge other than a few references from Flames Of Hyperion and Otto in their own writing.

Christoph
07-13-15, 10:14 PM
There isn't a wiki entry posted for it yet, but the Dwarves were typically more into ancestor worship/devotion, so there might have been a couple prominent dwarf ancestors that exemplified craftmanship and the forge. The orcs usually keep to the old ways, and would make offerings to and perform rituals for the appropriate Old God. In the latter instance, the god in question would depend on what is being crafted. When forging a weapon, an orc might make offerings to the old god of war, for instance.

redford
07-13-15, 10:30 PM
Is there a listing of Old Gods anywhere? I couldn't find one while looking at the article on Thayne worship. Of course I could also just be a lazy idiot.

Christoph
07-14-15, 05:28 PM
There isn't a list, mostly because there isn't really a reliable list of old gods in-world, lol. There is very little actually written about them, with most remaining knowledge found in the oral traditions of the orcs and other fringe tribes. At some point, I'll write brief wiki entries for some of the main ones, like the old gods for war, fertility, storms, travel, the sea, and maybe a couple others. They range pretty drastically in what they are and how they operate. The big, main old gods are/were (there's some debate on which, if any, are still alive and/or awake in the current age) impossibly vast, alien, multifaceted beings, more like forces of nature. There are examples of other, smaller old gods as well. Typically, when someone says "Old God", they mean the vast alien ones, but it can also sometimes refer to any divine being that predates the Thayne.

Mordelain
07-14-15, 05:59 PM
From my own experience (player driven canon), the Old Gods are anthropomorphic entities. They are usually manifested as orcish variants of birds.

War is an owl like orc with a hammer, and death is a raven etc. It's not official, but the Olds Gods always seemed very Norse meets Terry Pratchett to me.

I have an Old God character, too, but he's given up his power to love a mortal.

Mix in Cthulu and you're kind of there. *off soap box.

Christoph
07-14-15, 10:19 PM
Haha, that isn't too far off. The old gods can manifest in a variety of ways, so birds is perfectly acceptable. At the end of the day, we leave somewhat vague in these areas so players can make stuff up how they like to fill the gaps.

Bard
08-20-15, 08:22 PM
The orcs of the Ironfist clan worship Ugletkka, who is the being responsible for all creative acts, including smithing. This is of course my own personal lore.